My Anthem

Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's Raining Men.. Yellow Men

Guest Blogger: aweOFhelen!:)


If her AC varies from Desi's,blame it on the typesetters! -- Desi


Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's Raining Men.. Yellow Men

Helicopter circling Dataran

At around 11.30 am, helicopters were already circling Dataran Merdeka. The FRUs were in full force stationed in Masjid Negara as early as 11.30am. I stepped into the main train station only to hear the announcement all train to major KL destination will be disrupted due to technical problem. Yeah, right.. technical.

Hubby and I were cussing in Chinese in front of the policemen about the lame technical excuse. Afterall, it's not like the police can understand Canto right? When the 2 policemen turned round only we realized they're Chinese.. yeak.. we quickly walk off liao.. :-P

We walked to Pasar Seni and the police and FRU were stationed all the way. Hubby and I met up with another blogger in Pasar Seni and together we made our way to Coliseum for lunch. I was frantically looking out for Adrian in yellow boots.. but didn't see him. It was drizzling and they were no people in yellow in sight.

All main road leading to Masjid Jamek were sealed off by FRU and even the LRT station is shut tight. Hubby, Mr Desiderata and I took the back lane and managed to reach Coliseum to have our lunch.
FRUs on the way to Masjid Jamek

Masjid Jamek LRT station. Shut tight.

After lunch at about 2.3opm it was really raining. I was relieved to see there were yellow everywhere in Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman. There was a substantial crowd in yellow gathering nearby but only to be dispersed by tear gas. OK, this is my first time.. I didn't even know that was tear gas. I just thought I got a sudden bad sore throat.... Blek.

After the tear gas incident. The crowd was dispersing.

Feeling a little discouraged, hubby and I headed home. All the route to the Istana were sealed off. But, in the end, we did managed to bump into a sizeable crowd in yellow heading to Masjid Negara.

posted by Helen at 7:16 PM 2 comments

No comments: