My Anthem

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Yeah, Stop The Insult!:(

When Desi woke up this mornin' feelin' fine,
there was steal the CNY mood on my mind.
Lust nite I had my feel of Loh Sang
I'm now in the mood to continue sing, sang, sung...

So was my heart lifted a rung when The Sunday Star frontpage
greets me with:
Stop the insult

Ah, our PM's pic on the left means finally our nation's captain is going to reprimand those idiotic MATA-MATA for over-stepping the line -- making TEN senior citizens and ONE young man Yul Brynners against their wishes!

Butt on reading further, my spirits downed one rung -- so it's back to round one.

Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi must have a lot on his mind.

The Star subhead says: Western newspapers action a deplorable act

Yesterday I told off mGf in Lundun in a mocking tone for advicing Desi to watch his wasteline while eating so many rounds of Yee Sang ...Desi's riposte: "You are a Pot calling' me Potter!"

THe newspaper's subhead rekindled in Desi's mind a silent smile -- a smirk rather, like our esteemed former PM Dr Mahathir Mohamad used to display once a w'ile when "praising foreign journalists for asking pesky questions ...". Our newspapers have been inviting similar commendations on many occasions from less kind readers, akin to Desi's kind mayhaps?: Malaysian newspapers action a deplorable act!


Well, the news proper:

Sunday February 5, 2006


Western newspapers' action a deplorable act


PETALING JAYA:
Malaysia expressed its deepest regret over the publication of caricatures of Prophet Muhammad in Western newspapers which has triggered anger and protest across the Islamic world.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said the “deplorable act was a blatant disregard of Islamic sensitivities over the use of such images, which were particularly insulting to and forbidden by Islam.”

“It was even more regrettable that newspapers and journals in some other countries such as Norway, France, Germany, Belgium, Italy and Spain, had seen it fit to reproduce the Danish newspaper’s offending caricatures despite worldwide protests against the publication of those images.

“This is a deliberate act of provocation. They should cease and desist from doing so,” he said in statement yesterday.

Abdullah, who is also the chairman of the Organisation of the Islamic Organisation (OIC), called upon Malaysians to remain calm and rational.

“Let the perpetrators of the insult see the gravity of their own mistakes which only they themselves can and should correct,” he added.

Twelve caricatures depicting the prophet, first published by the Jyllands-Posten daily in Denmark in September last year, and then reprinted in newspapers in the other countries, raised outrage across the Islamic world.

Muslims consider any images of Muhammad to be blasphemous, while the drawings have touched off international fury as well as debates on the clash between freedom of speech and respect for religion.

When contacted, National Evangelical Christian Fellowship (NECF) secretary-general Rev Wong Kim Kong said that he supported the Prime Minister’s expression of regret over the incident.

“While others may regard the caricatures as trivial, for Muslim, to depict their prophet as such is abomination. It is only right for people to be more sensitive to the religion of others.

Likewise, the Malaysian Consultative Council deputy president K. Pardip said: “No one should have the right to ridicule the religion and beliefs of others.”

DESIDERATA: While Desi appreciates our PM's concern over this "international" issue centring on Islamic arising from the Danish daily's depiction of Prophet Muhammad in caricatures, now exploding into an global furore, I also wish to remind the PM that there has been many incidents of insult by his underlings on the local landscape, to wits:
* If you think these new highways are a burden, go back to using your bullock cart. Then travel from KL to Pg and you'd take one-and-half months.
No prize for gassing rite which Minister did the gangsta talk widely seen on TV! Luckily I did not have Yee Sang for dinner when I watched it over Prime News at 8, otherVice, I might have puked.
* If you foreigners don't like it here (visiting Malaysia), go back home.
The prize is a free ticket from KL-Bali if I can raffle a lucky one from AirAsia's: if you gassed rite who the Deputy Minister was who added such good ad-vice.
*** When I first read the newspaper's headline just now
Stop the insult
Desi thought it was directed at the OCPD who defended his underlings giving the famous ELEVEN a free hair-cut, citing some provision in the Lock-up Rules, and such action was SOP-"standard operating procedure".
Yesterday I borrowed performing minister Lim Keng Yaik's flower' "My foot!" -- luckily when I woke up this mornin', I looked, Desi steal has his foot-foot intact. No, not shaven! in the Steal of the Nightie!

TODAY IS The Day After "HOMO SAPIENS" DAE -- SE7ENth DAY OF CNY -- so I think I'm Into Somethin' Good , finally.

Doc Lewis and I were seated towards the entrance of the restaurant, having ordered Yee Sang and FuRong Dan and our Fave vege, KingKongBelachanMaliChan.
But after a few mouthfools, Doc mysteriously walked out -- I thot, Mampui, Desi has insulted mGf and he's walkin' out!Did I say somethin' wlong?

Wat a relief that a few long minutes later, he walked back in.
"Chong, somebody has spoilt my AP," Doc said wryly.

"When did you get this AP?" I slyly lowered my Voice, usually of hi decibels, especially after a glass or two -- of HI-fi quality from Japan, given by another mGf who has got strong connections with the Embassy and some Geishas.

"I saw one bastard man-handling a woman in the car parked jest outside," Doc reported, now quite serious.

Desi also LOST his apPETite -- no, we were not served Dog-fronting-as-Kambing-meat:(

After some pow-wow, Doc and I went out towards our car -- yes, I saw that "bastard" with his hands over the female companion's face and neck area.
Doc picked up his Handphone, called Operator, was directed to call 999 (yes, 3 doggies!)

After giving a tight brief on what it's about and the locale of the action, we drove to a nearby spot and to Wait&See...
Doc shared my doubt that the Royal Malaysian Police Force (Howsy -- Your Royal Force!) would spring into action.
I recalled for Doc's benefit I remembered the IGP (Mohd Bakri Omar) -- or was it his Deputy? -- recently being reported in the media saying he was proud that the response time for police answering a 999 call is down to 13 minutes. He hoped to reduce this to 11 minutes (My ER, please help me if my recollection is wrong, OK? And this is NOT a rhetorical Q!)

Doc and I were heavenly surprised when a police car arrived in maybe 7-10 minutes! It parked just behind the stationary "couple's" vehicle, and surrounded it. As we drove past the scene of action, I saw the MATA-MATA questioning the suspect ... I did not see the woman "victim" though.

But my CNY spirit and faith in some section of the RMPF has been restored.
That night I slept soundly, happy that THERE'S HOPE YET.
DOC may yet change his mind about "migrating" to England to join his parents.
For Desi, let's hope the IGP achieves his dream of that ELEVEN-minute DreamTime!
CONGRATS, 11 times over!
Howsy, that's Your Royal Force! Masih Ada Harapah, Eh?

2 comments:

Howsy said...

I saw that title too and thought "Finally The Wise Man has broken his silence. Thank God there's justice for the 11 baldies." But, NO!!! It was about the JP-Muhammad Cartoons! And if you read carefully his quote:
“Let the perpetrators of the insult see the gravity of their own mistakes which only they themselves can and should correct,” he added.

Psstt...does that mean the 'gravity' is the burning of flags and embassies?

p.s. How was the CrocFarm dinner? Many people came?

chong y l said...

howsy:
As Citizen Kant, we have done our duty reminding Pak Lah -- Let's Wait&See!
There's Hope Nyet?

Psstt ... the CrocFram dinner is coming Saturday 7.30pm, we have confirmed SE7EN attending -- if you, JOE-psc and Yan are surprise last minute gate crashers, we can make it a perfect TEN!
Wannakam?:)
If food runs out, we can try CorcMeat Loh Sang!...then can fight thsoe crocs - or isit mankeys? - at RumahBarlimen.