My Anthem

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

RIP: Sarawak Tribune (5) -- UPDATE

Subtitled: Some luvly sentiments restored?

UPDATED at 10.10AM:

DESIDERATA:

JeffOoi in a recent Post had also reported that TV3 similarly broadcast the same "caricature" report: Dessi awaits to see if this TV station is also to be served a Show-Cause Letter?
Malaysians have grown pretty tired of detecting the practice of DOUBLE STANDARDS in several areas of public life.
Do we need to tolerate such blatant abuse?

At this juncture, my heart was lifted one notch on reading the NST, Feb 14, 2006, page 2, more or less confirming the gist of Desi's report just past midnight:

Guang Ming report out soon

PUTRAJAYA, Mon.Internal Security Ministry
officials met the tope editors of Guang Ming Daily and its
parent company Sin Chew Media Corp today, and will prepare a report
within two days on the daily's reprinting of a caricature
of Prophet Muhammad.
.
.
.
In Desi's mind, the "assuring part" was to the effect that:

Rahim (Mohd Radzi), the secretary of the ministry's Control and Publication of Al-Quran Text division, said the ministry was "satisfied" with the explanation given.

DESIDERATA says: So let sleeping dogs lie,
and we hope All's Well that Ends Well,
from the Bard, who else...

I'm sure my ER join me is praying there's NO MORE WITCH-HUNTING of the media
-- who in the main have been quite docile except for some, too few
in between, IMHO, bold ventures out of the docile mode.

Desi also would like to see the practice of DOUBLE STANDARDS stopped immediatley.
The ordinary folks as in the Rakyat Jelata expect nothing less from the government led by Pak Lah.

I.
S.
A:


Meanwhile, let's adjourn back to celeb mode with a poet-aspirant's selection of what he feels is the quinessential LOVE SONG, rendered by Sir Cliff Richard,
from Let's Folk Again,
gifted to Desi recently by someone from nigh Catsville
Mayhaps in APpreciation of this writer's ability
to strike a chord in her heart's nostalgic strings about her BoyNextDoor?

ENJOY! to mGf happy to be oh-oh!SE7EN...Hehehe, OR Lols!:)

The Twelfth Of Never

You ask how much I need you-ou
Must I explain
I-I need you oh my darlin'
Like roses nee-eed rain
You ask how long I'll love you
I-I'll tell you true
Until the twelfth of never
I'll still be loving you

Ho-old me close
Never let me go
Ho-ho-old me clo-ose
Me-elt my heart like April snow-ow

I'll love you 'til the blue be-ells
Forget to bloom
I'll love you 'til the clover
Has lost its perfume
I-I'll love you 'til the poe-ets
Run out of rhyme
U-u-until the twelfth of never
And that's a long lo-ong time

Until the twelfth of never
And that's - a - long - long - time...
A long-long time...

5 comments:

sweetspirits said...

nice song Desi :)

Dangerous Variable said...

It is all about the context of the message. (refer back to the Shannon and Weaver mathematical model of communication) Some people practise double standards - we should then regulate what discretion is all about for these bunch of a$$h0les in the ministry.

chong y l said...

SWEETs:
Your msg here is sweeter than any song -- so keep them coming, esp with thatSunrise!:)

chong y l said...

hi DangerousV:

sorry to spoil your "nite" -- just heard the news from a Big bird that GuangMing is suspended fro 2 weeks!
Now even reproducing an agency phioto showing a raeder looking at at the pic of one of the 12 caricatures "caught" them as committing a breach.

How can can the local media "break" the news -- just go round the street with thghe "news" and the errand boys/gals acting out the cartoons?
We really should recruit more "actors/actresses": for Sandy (goes to)War-ah!:(

Happy Valentine while you can, mGf!
Sleep tight tonite
Pray your Angel watches over thee
Over Desi too,
Plus Sweets as well
In peace and in one piece we dwell.

I:
S:
A:amen.

chong y l said...

hi Yan:

whenever you mention "TheBoyNextDoor",
nostalgia descends,
I donno whether it's ggod or badder...

"Don't forget to remember" will see Desi always recalling the months of May and September, as rep by two anthemic songs in my vocab:
First of May (for all labourers, you and I and mostly our ER...)
and "Try to remember"
the kind of September ...
when Desi was a callow fellow?

Today's Valentine is a roller-coaster of hi and lo!
Behold, tomorrow's sunrise brings a Nu'' Dae!:)

Yan, could've been MyGalNextDoor:
Happy Valentine as we grow younger every february ...
May 365daes from now see us Msians celebrating V.Dae truly on high!