My Anthem

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

sssssspirits: Cos You Asked For It!

Being Valentine's Day -- yet during a Mourning period on the RIP: Sarawak Tribune trail -- it's appropriate I seek counsel and inspiration from fellow Bloggers:

A Comment entry lust night from SweetSpirit asked for poetic works; I said I'd oblige.

'Cos you asked for it, SweeetSpirit, and other sssssspirits at Desi's Place, the hoRst stayed up at midnight to compose these l'ving thoughts:


~~~~~~~
Angels and Answers

Blogsworld pathways leadeth Desi
Into alleyways and byways
of small talk and buddy chatty
Also highways and runways


Of big talk and flighty ways
Of show-off and wasted mays

But nuggets of friendship come along
Surprising, arising from oft muddied waters
Like midnight blooms and a Virgin's song
Worth ev'ry agony that Patience suffers

Many times when Desi is down-hearted
By fellowmen's greed and misdeed
Man's inhumanity to man, even child
(I often wonder, has mankind lost it?)
Most want a million, then one more bit.


Always an Angel would descend
In the darkenin' hour
When I'm about to sleep
"There is Hope yet, my friend,"
A Voice whispers from above:
"Love visits those who labour
Also just rewards, when humbled,
To erring ways and foul deeds maketh amend."


I have been visited by a few Angels
In this short Blogsworld journey
I've been blessed by One Too Many
I am humbled, I thank these bearers of life's teachings
Be thou older, younger but all kind of heart
You maketh l'ving worthwhile and smart


When storms gather at evening tide
Twilight of unmet dreams
Twilight of deserting mates
Fallen and twisted human pride
Gathering storm of more hurts from fellow men
Of basest individuals who call themselves Your Friend


Today I don't want to speak
Of great Love and demonstrative Valentine's gifts
When at twilight time
I still see many a beggar at five-foot-ways
With outstretched hand
And a face with sunken eyes
Asking for a smile
More than a dime


So Desiderata feels Blessed
Surrounded by more than one Angel
Gifting an answer to his wondering mind
And maketh me see with my heart
And not just being swept along
By midnight surf and wind


Sweet, sweet spirits ev'rywhere I roam
Down on my shoulders be an angel nest
If I can't reach my Destiny out of God's plan
May I whisper still my last greeting
Thank you my Angel friend
For makin' for me in thy heart


A home


ChallengiA
DartBoardOfFriends, should you ask, Am I?
Like Cupid's arrow, please help Desi: hit the bull's eye.


Next, from one of many ER'common mentor -- Morrie --

Love or you will perish forever


Re-quoted from a Valentine Day's entry by
Sabrina Tan-- my mentee -- and mutually to each other
Teacherin the SCHOOL of L'VING.

So the joint leaf of l'ving is reprised from a month-old post I collected from sabrinawstan.blogsome.com, thrown as a Challengia by Desi and which Sabrina belated responded, from
Mitch Albom's creative mind:

January 11, 2006
Tuesdays with Morrie

~~~~~~~
This is a book review, with the added personal touch to it.
Desi encouraged us to take up this challenge some time ago, but I was too busy preparing for my finals then. Now that I’ve managed to grab hold of the book, I found that this is the only book that made me cried bucket-loads of tears. The only other one that made me cry was Nicholas Sparks’ “A Walk to Remember”.


These are the lessons that I find valuable from the book:

1) Self pity

“I give myself a good cry in the mornings, and that’s how much I allow it. I concentrate on all the good things in my life. It’s only horrible if you see it that way.

2) Learn how to die, and you will learn how to live

To know that you are going to die, and to be prepared for it, you can actually be more involved in your life while you’re living

3) Love each other or perish.

If you don’t have the support and concern and caring from a family, you don’t have much at all.

This is the part where family is all about, not just love, but letting others know that there’s someone who is watching out for them.

4) Detachment

The Buddhists say: “Don’t cling to things because nothing is permanent”

You let the emotions penetrate you fully, so you can then detach yourself from the emotion. Take love for example, you let yourself love someone fully, allowing yourself to dive in, you know what pain is, you know what love is, you know what grief is. Only then you can say: “Alright, now I know what love is, I would like to detach myself from the emotion for a moment”

5) Money

Devote yourself to loving others, your community around you, and devote yourself to create something that gives you purpose and meaning.

Status will get you nowhere. Only an open heart will allow you to float equally between everyone. Do the kinds of things that come from the heart. When you do, you won’t be dissatisfied. You won’t be envious. You won’t be longing for somebody else’s things. On the contrary, you will be overwhelmed by what’s coming back.

6)Love is how you stay alive.

People keep running after things in life, and they are always in a hurry. They run all the time looking for it; the next car, the next house etc I just stop and wave my hands to them. I’d rather put my energies into people.

7) A loved one is very important.

In this culture, it’s important to find a loving relationship.

There are a few rules that I know to be true about marriage and love. If you don’t respect the other person, you are in trouble. If you don’t know how to compromise, you are in trouble. If you can’t talk openly about what goes on between you, you are in trouble. If you don’t have a common set of values in life, you are in trouble. And the biggest one of the values? Your belief in the importance in marriage.

*****************

I cried so much after reading each chapter. I looked at myself and I felt ashamed that I did not adhere to most of the lessons that Morrie taught. I too, belong to the majority of people who sometimes lose track of our purpose in life. Perhaps when we are young, we take things for granted.

This is a very good read. Please go get one."

~~~~~~~

DESIDERATA:

Isn't that poetic? Eye-opening lessons from someone about to shut his eyes for good.
DESIDERATA hopes before his last breath, he can do one AmoreE!

From another fellow Poet across Asean borders:

My Poet

He reads Shakespeare, even in the early mornings
When I am serene in dreams
He is there by the window with the sunlight emblazoned on his face
He awakens me before dawn, by his soft voice
As he richly recites Hamlet, "To be or not to be . . ."
I cannot recall any more than that
Because as he finishes, I am already lost in him
He glances at me with those gentle orbs of light
Smiles reassuringly and I fall
So deeply into the mask of enigma that he provides
I am hidden behind the door of dimensions
And only he possesses the key
And knows the secret lingo that reveals the code
He speaks to me when I close my eyes
The words trailing off into a world beyond my grasp
He illiterates, initiates, illustrates, iterates
And I am left to contemplate
Over the facts that fuddle my frail form
He is so fascinatingly fickle
With his Shakespeare and those eyes that burn so intensely


Duyen Nguyen

and finally another pome,
because sssssspirit, you dared ask for it!
from my MostEsteemed Sifu, Max Ehrmann:


Dear One, Sometime!

Dear One, when you are
gone, by day and night
I search, but find no peace
in anything.
The trees, the moon, the sun
no pleasure bring,
As when we two,
star-gazing, took to flight
To land upon some inner
mountain height.
What joy above the sordid
world to sing
With you who are to me
eternal spring!
I see it now that you
are gone from sight.
But you will come again,
and oh, what joy --
Your cheery voice describing
many a land,
The things men build and
ages long destroy,
We, sitting close together,
hand in hand,
Playiong as children with
some new-bought toy,
It will be wonderful --

you understand.



"Happy Valentine" 24 to all mGf .
Transcending space, time and physical selves.

1.23AM
Feb 14, 2006

4 comments:

sweetspirits said...

:) touched by your words Desi
Thank you for taking the time to post on the important things in life.
wishing you a wonderful day
tcz

chong y l said...

sweets:
You are most welcomed -- the privilege and pleasure is always mine -- the hoRst with flighty ide's on the march.:)

Anonymous said...

Nice post, Desi. Sweet sentiments also. Hope you enjoyed this day, just as with other days shead. Let's smile as we can.

Do check out Sharon Bakar's blog, if you want to read an rather unsentimentl love poem - something really different,

chong y l said...

hi dreamerI!

thanks for greAtings, butt I'm awaiting THY Emale!
You have mailer, rite?
Important assignment this Saturdae!
OR jest turn up at 7.30PM, Cable Car Restron,
Jaya Supermart,
Section 14, PJ!
G7 meet plus some?