My Anthem

Sunday, December 09, 2007

A POEM FOR MY BROTHERS

I: For Bernard Khoo aka Zorro, My Brother

A heart of a lion’s span
Where doeth stand another man
Of my brother’s stature
Living up to God’s gift, justice to Mother Nature
You rage against speakers who don't walk the talk
Never mind, it'shuman nature
Let's look ahead at the BIG picture
You have me, I have you
And we have Nathaniel too

Dear Bernard, you’re my comrade
I’ll come walk with thee
It’s not the distance that detereth
It’s not whether it’s dark or light
It’s for our brothers born or yet to be
Dull, ignorant, smart or bright

I’ll come up from Furong
Because I know my brother would not like to be alone
Neither would I
IF
I were in his shoes
So I’ll leave at dawn
To keep my date with thee, My Brother

II: For Nathaniel Tan, my fave palindrome, My Brother


I read your heart’s desire
A young and articulate voice, yet mature before time
I’m so honored to befriend thee
I aim to be thy mentor, yet oft times I’m thy mentee
You know no fear
Treading minefields
Tough men wouldn’t venture anywhere near
I’d rise early this morn to join thee, My Brother
Because you love thy brethren
Just as Bernard and Desi loveth thee


III: For my brothers yet to be

Where art thou?
Those who have hearts but hydeth away
From unknown fears and worries
But ponder My Brothers yet to be
It thou feareth the ISA
So do VVe
But when vve do the Right Thing
Our fears are diminish’d
As we link our arms like a chain
We are strong and our burden lighten’d

So when vve do the Honourable Thing
We know that’s the Right Thing to do
And te fear’s soon gone
As more of our brothers gather
Knowing there’s Strength in Unity
God’s with us, so He is showering
Abundant blessings
And mount a shield
To protect, to embrace
Above colour, above creed, above race
All My Brothers yet to be
Dear brothers out there
Stand up and be counted
On Gandhi’s Peace Pedestal
VVVVVVVe are mounted

Composed at 12.01am
Sundae, December 9th
In the year of our blessed awe-seeing Lord
Two-oh-oh-SE7EN.

PS: Inspired by brudder zorro who publicly declared at a forum: “Should I not stand up to be counted, I wouldn’t know how to answer my grandchildren when they asK:’Gong-gong, what did you do about the Government’s abuses of human rights?’”
Inspired by Nat Tan for standing up in the true spirit of Martin Luther King Jr and Mahathma Gandhi, for standing by their brothers and sisters, fighting for civil rights, in peace and justice, and paying a price of being incarcerated for his principles.

Brothers to be, let’s go forth in unity
Let’s Salute our brothers who stand up
For Truth and Justice -- Desi

UPDATEd @8.53pm:

Desi arrived at the Central Market (from Seremban-lah, yes, I'm from Peyton Placesque Ulu...:) at 7.40pm. Sent a hand signal to brudder zorro and received Boy Scout or GGuide's return signs that he and a band were already at Sogo's and that the number of police personnel was equal to the Sundae Walkers to swell the ranks to about 400-500.

I huffed and puffed to mee the throng, and was just past KFC (no time to snack the Colonel's finger-lucky chics!) along Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman when I sighted the marchers heading towards me. The outriders on two legs were the VIP wayfarers. A senior oficer was constantly stopping the gatherrers to give some pep talk and warning about "his officers would be ordered to arrest" anyone misbehaving, I think.
If Desi's wrong, pardon me, for there was a din. And some spin.And lots of photographers doing their thing.

ASIDE: Now surf to http://suzannelee.smugmug.com/gallery/ and see if you can catch bernard khoo who deserted zorro-zorro-unmasked.blogspot.com, okay for only a w'ile, the reason that motivated Desi to join him for Da Walk to mark World Human Rights. Martin Luther King style or ala-closer to home, Gandhi on high PEACE pedestal.

There were some hot exchanges between the peaceful assemblers and the policemen, and as far as I could tell, several walkers were bundled into a few police vans. Seven lawyers or activists I hear, but please visit the news portals to verify. Desi was at one stage "intervewed" for his views on "Why did you take part in this illegal march?" I hope I did justice to this initially-initiated by Bar Council initiative for social justice. But they abandoned us on acount of some teling off by the IGP's men? I don't really know, but I think many of these men and women suited office-bearers were influenced by some chickens that escaped Colonel Sander's cooking pot. No, Desi did not smoke any writHing this entry and swipe. I was inspired by zorro's remark that the Bar Council's retreat was not popularly accepted by Bloggers in general, hence our attendance.

Along te way I spied Rockybru, jeff ooi, shar OBE (who I tickled with a jibe -- hey aren't you wit' Hindraf in UK as their adviser? -- nuraina, tony yew (or yeah I think, who was taking video streaming to send onto Hollywood -- that's according to the rumour whine:) , and et cetera, and so on, I can't list the long rollcall, or I run out of steam to finish this Post.

Then we arrived at te Bar Council at about 9.00am? I think time stood still and Desi's LOST like Li'l Red Riding Hood seeing some "bloody" ops adjacent the tents put up for several NGO booths to promo their cause. I xxchanged books with Sdr Amir Mohammad -- autographed so that we, especialy Desi, joineth the late SA of IJOK, the books would be worth at least 1,000 times amore, for it's tradition for dead poets' society members' wroks to become collectibles. Go invest RM20 small bucks on Amr's Politikus say the darndest thingy or somethin' and Desi's asspiring poems which would be well coated after death?

Then the Bloggers Gangz led by rocky, jeff and yes, HARIS IBRAHIM, adjourned to Antarabangsa for nazi lemak BF or SpecialBrunch, but definitely it'sneither free nor flee. But we did enjoy the free fellowship -- and BTW, fellow is gnder-neutral hear! -- it was a fun-D outing. mGf allofhelen.blogspot.com was stopped from arriving by helicopter from Ipoh because she was not allowed by her Sig Other John Lee from doing the jump. Maybe we'll meet at the next walk in the silver state. Or at the pearl of the orient. Then we'll adjourn for Hor fun or char kuey teow. I dunno why -- I almost got caught up by helen'sinfluence writing a Food post tonight as I update, signing off 9.23pm.

Chow, which means "Eee ya!" or "Come, let's eat!" if thou can track Desi down by mazey, hazey, crazey Furong way. Do't come, I hear toight many wolves from Koala Lumpuh have migrated down south... That's w'ile LI'l Read Ridin's ... fade off...

PS: Now be a GoodBoy, and this's also gender-neutral!, surf to rockybru.blogspot.com for his more interesting newshound's report, with pictures -- a department in which Desi's deficient unless CathyZJone's in the chamber -- for you to feel the atmospherics.

I stole the lust two paras:

"I was walking with many brave girls. There were about 100 walkers. More than two dozens journalists. 500 cops (the Malay Mail reporter asked Supt Che Hamzah the question). And a chopper in the sky.

Bloggers who walked include Nuraina Samad (Sunday Human Rights Walk ....), Jeff Ooi (Cops outnumber People: 5 to 1), Tony Yew, Bernard Khoo aka Zorro, Haris Ibrahim, Michelle Gunaselan, Shanghai Fish (Human Rights ... What Rights?), Shar 101, Desiderata (was I dare, fool of errata?), and Melvin Mah.For professional pics, go to Suzanne Lee's site.
"

PPS: If there were more than the usual number of typos in Desi's UPDATE, jest attribute it to exhaustion. The chopper that rockybru referred to REFUSED -- the audacity of it awe! -- to give Desi alift home!:(
GOoDnite, GB!:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going by the breaking nevvs, a Vicious, Vengeful Ops Lalang 2 is, it seems, undvvay.
I am Very, Very , Very Vexed.

The people must clearly demonstrate to the government that they too are Very, Very, Very Vexed.

People povver will easily oVercome this idiotic oVert oppression.

The government better take note and be Very afraid of the people, because the people are not at all afraid of the goVernment.

Remember this:
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Voilà!
In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate.
This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.
Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me "V".

chong y l said...

"V", Yes, Bloggers n Private Citizens shalt rise
Arm-in-arm we shall stand up
For Justice, Human Dgnity and VVe know
VICTORY shall be ours.
"V"ENI, "V"idi, "V"ici!:)