My Anthem

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Unmasking the Personae of Blardy Bloggers

Bloggers I interact with are either held in esteem (by Desiderata at least), or some contempt by politicians like that Tengku fella. Or in my opinion (I stress again, in one writHer Desi's opinion, okay!), most Bloggers are regarded generally as five-minue long Tom&Jerry shows ORirritants like that blardy mosquito hovering near your ears, or the neighbourhood dog howsyling when you're trying to sleep but have a Wake-Up call at 5.00am to catch a cheapo AAA flight to London where you have an AP with the Queen, or Emperor from Uganda, or billionaire Sikhe from Kangar.

So as a Blogger, this question came up when myGOoDfriend (mGf in DDC -- which the AweOfHelen terms my code of honour, dis or mis':( --from Ipoh who I quote often, even using her as an imaginary Player in my daily script in composing my Thinking Aloud-Allowed (thanks for gifting Desi that *UL! 'fess, I actually cooked it up because she expressed a passion for PASTries!:).

*another DDC meaning Universal Licence as akin to
PL, which is Poetic Licence as Shakespeare did use:

"...the most unkindest cut of all..." (that Brutus' stab into JUlius Caesar's chest in fishing off the aspiring Emperor...)

Now, Helen was recently invited to a G7 initiated Bloggers Do on May 19, 2007 (hey, look Up dare -- on top of this Page!) and somehow word has reached her sharp ears in the fanny town of Pak Kopi (white coffee-lah if you knoweth knot Kantonis like Chow Yun Fatt(i)!) that event is focused on SO-PO BLOCKERS.

When I invited her to join Desi and some Org Com members, especially The Whip Howsy aka SENsintrovert aka unmasked as Dr SAY YEE HOW, another Ipohlang, for an unmasking ceremony-cum-lunch in Petaliung Jaya, Sexion 14, near the Pos Opis, Mamak Restron --

Her SMS reply says: "Sked your cliques and me not click. Thanks 4 asking. But I think not.:-)


Hence this Sundae's Inter:Lude for rumination on one's Blog Persona.

Q1: Do we show our true personality in cyber-writing?

Q2: Do you feel like a bride/bridegroom when preparing to meet up with fellow Bloggers, even if the rendezvous is not ONE-on-One?

Q3: Those who have met with Desi in person, do I seem almost the body to the blogosphere persona you discern from my Blog writes?

(NOTE: I think I have met up in person with about a dozen to 15 Bloggers in the two years since Ides of March 2005, NOT counting the rest of the crowd of "strangers" who might also be Bloggers present in a crowded room like the National Press Club who we could identify a few more faces but never got round to Getting-To-Know-You-Personally basis.)


This Post is dedicated to several potentially new "fRiends" in my personal Life's journey, and there is one Posting I borrowed from mGf who wrote that Some people come in to one's travel for either a Reason, a Season, or a Lifetime (my best paraphrase).

Desis' short Inter:Lude this good Easter Sundae morn is to ask of my ER (EsteemedReaders),

(1) Art thou like Desi,I think, I'm pretty open in wanting to meet up with fellow Bloggers

(NOTE: I have to date initiated some half-a-dozen Group Meets I term G7, and several one-to-one when outstation Bloggers came into town for a High Noon tea!) Furthermore, as a Journalist, we are quite used to be heard, rarely spotlighted, but still seen, 2020Freelunch, Yes?:)



(2) OR like Helen (I think like a virginal nunnery resident shy-shy to meet other Bloggers who may be potential Big, B'd Baddies (I wanted to use that W.... word but that would be off-scene, No?) from Koala Lumpuh!
NOTE: Is this category where also you belong, Anak Merdeka, Yes?

(3) OR like most people who blog as a 100% diarist hobby (IMHO-lah), who do not want at all to unmask thyself. You enjoy the fun writing behind a Mask and the Mystery adds to the Ecstasy, Yes!

NOTE: Then I conclude that: It's either your Persona Online is quite contrary to the reality Person Offline?
Does it mean "You are a Blogger who exists in the pigment of your own IMAGINE-ation."


Hey, tell Desi -- I want to know.
Thanks, I'm offering thee a goblet of tehtarik in advance.
If you do not respond like a shy bride, (DID I LEAVE OUT A CRITICAL comma hear?:)I'll lace it with a tinge of ar...ic!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

erm...
I probably fall under the No.3 category. :>
still....thanks for the invite desi...hehe

TH said...

I'm between 2 and 3, and a totally different person in real life.

Can't make it to the invite anyway, it's exam season for me!

Arena Green said...

Can I agree with Ms T.heels, except for the exam excuse? Besides, I'd probably be too distracting to Desi & co in a crowded room, heh!! ;P

So, thanks for now but I'd take a rain check and cash out on it at a much later date, 'k?

sweetspirits said...

Hi ya Desi
Well i hope we can meet up oneday :) be it here or there ,as bloggers or as friends either way we will always be friends.
cheerz tcz

chong y l said...

FA:

You MIA for three months now?
Penalty! Pay RM30 (or X2 if you bring Tonto!), I don't care whether you come. You jest pay as I see your fashion aids are selling like hot babes!:)

chong y l said...

tHeels: In between 2 and 3 eh?
Is it comparable to Desi caught in a Lavatory with... drums and pails roll! Naomi Campbell -- doing the chores?

You've got a GOoDReason for missing May 19, 2007, BUTT not sext year same time/dime!:(

chong y l said...

Anak M:


You are aweways gifting Desi a rain cheque!
Is Furong always pouring ah?

Four muskeetoes went out to play-pray
One went to the temple of the doom
one enetred Disney's little room
another went missin' on LOST island
Now Desi wandering and yelling and Howsyling...:(

PS: Still awe masked and misty....
AM: do you thiunk Howsy is for Real, femail or male?

chong y l said...

sweets:

That will be the day
I'd like it Home on the Range way
Where ne'er is heard
a miscouraging word
And sweet sweet smiles greAt Desi
and I get my 20million on eBay?:)