My Anthem

Monday, April 30, 2007

Eve of May -- A Poet Aspires for ...

Freedom, Truth and Space, May I?

I suddenly realised at supper time (No, not summer-time, for Malysia does not have the four seasons), there was just about 30 minutes to go on this Eve of May and I had not made an annual dedeication to mark the ticking of the clock to welcome my favourite month.

I also turned back the clock 365 times 24 hours to peek at what I wrote last year's eve of crazy month for that group of writers who mostly thrive in verse. But many have moved beyond verse and writ what is termed prose poetry. I am trying to get there and soon I will disrobe my bones leaning towards this high sense of achievement -- I belive cometh May 20, I would see many bones of contention. I may be over-estimating myself, but there is a possibility IF thiongs don't work out, I may join 2020freelunc. CLOSE SHOP.

But one last check with mGf sweets, helen --one other MIA Fashionista -- and more recent recruit, moo_t, iuf there ws any half-offer for Desi's Place at 20million.
Yes, CHEAPskate Desi -- or is it Desperate Dan-dy? -- Rupians also can

No DDC today (otherwise, it would read as todie and othervice...:(

Now, where was I? Digression, my habit for two yaers, and don't get Desi wrong, he was no where near an abbey. Or nunnery, to be precise.

Back to May, I reprise, unashamedly, a fave poem of mine:

Eve of May


Do you remember when
The "First of May" dawned for us
With a blessing of an
Unblemished bond
Between two people on an academic journey

Of life for me
Of strictly scholarly studies for you

But never mind the details
Or differences

We just enjoy the journey
I look forward to the next one

On this Eve
of a special month called "Mei"

You know it in our dictionary
The special meaning of now
The fourth anniversary of
Out own first of may.


Chong Yen Long

Just a year minus 15 minutes ago, I was on a high. Tonight, I am at a low. Lo and behold, TIME is a transformer. It's not you or I who control your or my destiny.
It is the various forces impacting us day by day, and in the accumulation of 365 passing days, you see a turning point. Even several points of no return.

Friendships lost. Acquaintanceships gained.
You get acquainted and graduate the relationship to friendship by unseen, unknown parameters acting sub-consciously on your inner self.

Then you make certain assumptions on the "new" friends.
But then all hell can break loose.
You realise certain assumptions you made were wrong.
That means you had been presumptious.

WHY AN I WRITING IN THE SECOND PERSON -- YOU?

Actually I meant "I" -- yes, the First Person.

Writing about me named Desi, I view as a sort of Third Person, giving it a different take from the Person I see when I look into the mirror. Why do I do it?

DO YOU -- as a Blogger -- ALSO DO IT?

Tell me. I need to know.
I have an idea WHY I do it. But I am not 100% sure.
Do you? (that is, if you are like me ...doing this, writing about yourself in the Third Person...)


It will be another new day in five minutes.
My thoughts are still being processed.
Maybe the month of May I'll be clearer, more precise.
One of my good friends says: Succinct.

I like the last descriptive word.
It zeroes in at the heart of the matter.
And the core of every Poet-As(s)pirant's is his heart.
Writing from the depths of his inner-self.
His strongest feelings. His emotions count
more than his intellect. And tha I feel is tending towards feminity.
And so poets do tend towards the fairer sex?
I don't know, but I have readers telling me based on my writes
I would be addressed as a Miss/Ms Chong when solely trying to unmask me
based on my creative writes.

But it also works with the opposite gender.
When I first read Jed Yoong -- known among bloggers as 2020freelunch -- I thought the writer was a he.
When I heard "her" maiden phone call, I almost choked on my tehtarik!:)

Now she even asked of Desi: art thou an SB?
Is that a compliment?
I don't know -- go ask her. She's making herself scrace.
I think Desi -- male of female -- is one of the factors.
Shaw Brothers. Or Special Brunch at 10 minutes past midnight.
That's where I am now headed.
Sorry I left thee "hanging".

That's what the month of May maketh some people.
They are lunatic, oir they write nonSENse,
smiling at the moon thinking "it" is female,
dedicating all sorts of love songs to "her",
when the round thing is just an IT,
you nimcompoop of a nit!:(


12.10am
May 1, 2007

No comments: