My Anthem

Monday, April 30, 2007

Two Songs and an Infernal Rambling!

Early on this bright nu'e day THE EVE OF MAY -- I'm leaving IJOK buried under s's feeeeeet with the past SA.

Early too mGf at infernalramblings.com alerted friends via Email, and the story is at his olde --oops, young, blog. The slip is deliberate, I am jeless:


Incontrovertible Proof: Vote-buying in Ijok

A conversation which shows a Barisan Nasional official offering to buy votes has been recorded; there is incontrovertible proof of vote-buying. But hope remains, and the struggle for change must continue.

Written by johnleemk on 1:51:01 pm Apr 29, 2007.

I can't say I'm surprised. Everyone knows our elections are, to some extent, dirty. One only hopes this abhorrent display cannot be repeated in the general election because of the impracticality of vote-buying in so many constituencies:



Does this mean our electoral system is so fraudulent, so screwed up, that it's not worth contesting elections? That it's not worth casting our vote? Should we all go home and boycott the elections?

The answer has to be a firm no. Boycotts are pointless as long as the elections still (in some twisted way) reflect the will of the people. The opposition regularly takes home about 40% of the popular vote, and it certainly does seem to accurately reflect how the rakyat feel (though I am surprised that only 60% of the rakyat are swayed by BN propaganda).

The opposition must first convince a majority to support it, and oppose BN, before it can credibly claim that our electoral system is so warped as to render it undemocratic and unreflective of popular sentiment. Otherwise, individual instances of vote-buying and phantom voting aside, an election boycott just will not work.

We must continue to work to reform our institutions, not overthrow them. A boycott is as good as saying that things are so hopeless, we might as well start anew and throw out our old institutions.

I don't think things are that bad yet. The potential for change within our current warped institutions remains. It's up to us to make it happen. Don't sell your vote. Make your vote count, and vote for the right candidate.

__________________________





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Caught on video:



The best part is near the end, when he picks his nose. "--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


________________________________________________________________________________

DESI: mGf who prermaturely left freelunch2020 (for SBRunch in Peyton Placesque Kamunting or Furong?), has described johnleemk a "genius" at awe of 17, maketh Desi quite monsterish greenie. And I'm net e'en a fan of mosterballs:(

NO, john I spied did not pick his nose:(
Desi did. That bugger did!


_______________________________________________________________________________

Back to my Songs:

DEDICATED to IJOK-ians
, one lust time for olde times' s(H)akes!

I Started A Joke
Bee Gees

I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.


I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.

Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.



'Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was one me.


___________________________________________________

And from that Special SomeOne, @17 like johnleemk, a genie (fair gender to mail genius? Desi's definition!:) who besotted Desi at last week's American Idol Gives Back special:

a A*DEDICATION to Sdr Khalid Ibrahim and Awe PKR comrades:

You'll Never Walk Alone




When you walk through a storm
Hold your chin up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet, silver song of a lark.

Walk on, through the wind,
Walk on, through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never walk alone.


************** A COMMERCIAL BREAK **********************

DESI: See, Mondaes need not be blue
If I can find a rainbow in You!


CHOW -- at That May 19 Bloggers Gathering, can!
See POST RIGHT UP THERE/DARE!
Don't let Desi and Howsy and Freelunch and Lucia and Mob1900
and Nat Tan and Polytikucs
walk alone.

************* Your RM30 please to listen to Dish Jingle:) *****************

No comments: