My Anthem

Monday, April 02, 2007

Foretaste of a Miss June Gift

myGOodfriend if thou art
be Miss Patience too as she is Virtuous
though virginal might not be.

But what's this life if,
full of Wilde, minus the guile
you can't embrace Desi
like a wanton Youth,
or clueless Childe?

11.28AM,
April 2, 2007

Dismay in one's soul

as the march of May draws to a close
peace and serenity of soul is miss'd
if you think Man's state is to enjoy this life
I'm afraid it's mere wishing and hoping
strife and discord and
Noise are constantly hiss'd

this life is only worth living
if the soul finds peace and serenity
otherwise, it's merely existing
then it's all noise and 'evil conniving
might as well close this journey
than travelling
without a spirited soul
no beacon in my life


so-called friends greet with a smile
behind the facade it's full of guile
i am weary, i am dusty
with clouds of false laughter
and shouts of gaiety in the air
auld lang syne?
of acquaintance not benign

i'd rather be crowded by myself
my soul and my shadow
they don't laugh, they don't hurt
most of all, they don't betray
when a stab in the back
makes the hurt linger
and

the soul still in dismay

No comments: