My Anthem

Thursday, April 26, 2007

KTemoc -- sometimes we agree

I was asked by mGf who is host of 2020freelunch.blogspot.com what I thought of Ktemoc's writings, especially the regular anti-Anwar takes.

I generally responded that I would have engaged KTemoc more had I gotten to know WHO HE IS AS A PERSON in blogosphere who writes quite fervently on politics. Just as I do engage her regularly because I have got to know in reality, that she's trained in Journalism and known in media as JED YOONG.

I would have ENGAGED KTemoc more if I could pin a PERSON'S NAME to the "KTemoc" mask. We may have our differences about partisan politics. I left some Comments on certain occasions when I had "begged to differ"...but today, I must say I agree mostly with today's extract that follows.

I share much common grounds with KTemoc's concern, and those expressed by a Commenter Jun-E.at his Post on Saturday, April 21, 2007 titled: Ijok - praying pollies' piety?


______________________ EXTRACT from KTemoc's_______________________

Bloggers

There has been a clarion call (or prayer?) by Susan Loone for all bloggers to rush down to Ijok. She had suggested to The Alliance of Bloggers that all-Blogs must go to Ijok and present a petition to the two candidates, Parthiban and Khalid.

She wants the candidates to support the bloggers' right to freedom of expression, and to respect their blogging. And, for her, the candidate who supports the petition should receive the bloggers’ support. Many bloggers agreed to her call.

If this is taken up, it'll effectively rope in The Alliance of Bloggers as a political lobby rather than a federation with the sole issue of protecting bloggers' right to free speech on the Web.

However, Jun-E of June x 2 has disagreed. He (or she) has been alarmed by the comments on Loone’s blog, which had strayed from Loone’s point on free speech to attacking people with political affiliations different to the commentators'.

June-E reckoned we bloggers ought to be neutral (and seen to be so). Our balanced and fair (most times anyway) comments would more effectively bring about the desired change in the authority's attitude towards bloggers and their right to free speech on the Web.

He (or she) advised that “strategically speaking, it is suicide, for All-Blogs to campaign, during the clash of the titans. To be there, to be waving the (not yet existent) flag of All-Blogs, will just increase the government’s apparent paranoia towards bloggers”.

__________________________ ENDS EXTRACT___________________________


As a Blogger, Desi has from the beginning of starting this Blog, that I have been a supporter of the Opposition, mainly because I believe in REFORM and CHANGE for a BETTER GOVERNMENT TRULY PROMOTING TRANSPARENCY, ACCOUNTABILITY and CLEAN GOVERNMENT. (Which implies that the present BN Governmnet falls very short in these areas I have stressed.)

Being a Journalist/Writer, I also strive for OPENNESS IN THE MEDIA OPERATIONS and ENVIRONMENT, including a consistent call for the repudiation of the repressive Printing Presses and Publications Act 1984.Since March 15, 2007, second anniversary of Desiderata2000's founding, I've also reminded EsteemedReaders that I am a supporter of Parti Keadilan Rakyat, having hinted in earlier writings where my political sympathies lie.

But as Blogoisphere is Malaysia is in its "infancy" as the emerging Fifth Estate, Desi feels it's premature for fellow Bloggers like Susan Loone to call on ALL BLOGS (a short for the newly-formed NATIONAL ALLIANCE OF BLOGGERS (NAB) headed by RockyBru in the recxently elected Interim Exco) to descend on IJOK tomake any political statements.

I am speaking in MY PERSONAL CAPACITY TODAY, and I believe that NAB is trying to recruit as many Bloggers into its membership as possible, and therefor it's imperative that it is open to all comers regardles of their political ideologies and affiliations and beliefs, or even non-beliefs. It must be stated that Bloggers come from a wide spectrum of fields of writings, not just Socio-Political writers -- who I believe are the most vocal and high-profile by the very nature of this field -- so any particular leanings of the Players would be more negative than positive. I share Jun-E's concerns, in her own words taken from KTemoc's "(she)... has been alarmed by the comments on Loone’s blog, which had strayed from Loone’s point on free speech to attacking people with political affiliations different to the commentators'.

I hope my ER would share their views on this subject.

Better still, look to TOP OF PAGE (aMore @bum2007.wordpress.com)and come to share your esteemed views VOCALLY at a Bloggers Gathering on May 19, 2007 aimed at networking so that we know more of our fellow Bloggers as well as learn about the Challenges and Journeys travelled by the more experienced ones as highlighted by the Panel of Speakers.

As Chair of the seven-member Org Com, I can safely say we have put in lots of time and efforts on our part to ensure an interesting outing. But fellow Bloggers and friends interested in this new Estate must also lend their support. Hey, please register early by paying that RM30; better still, pay RM60 and bring a mate. Spread the cheer of the Blogging experience around!

Thank You for bearing with Desi on the commercial break I owe thee a cuppa or tehtarik; may not be at Lake View Club but we have time for a Midnight Rendezvous at the Asia Cafe, Yes!:)

2 comments:

sweetspirits said...

Hi Desi
Just logging by to Say hi " Hi n smiles , how are you ? Life is kinda hectic n long nights i'm not going to bed b4 4am .But i'm sure things will improve , it's just overload .
Drop me a line when ya free okz.
cheerz tcz

chong y l said...

sweets:

"Now you're telling me
You're not nostalgic
Then give me another word for it
You who are so good with words"

...continue reading at the nu'e Post dedicated to YOU--
Time's Person of the Year 2006:)

I Like that reminder ~~"... faith will keep us together.." GBless ~~ Amen