My Anthem

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Under Siege and Peer Pressure

Different groups in different countries are Under Siege for different reasons.
Some for not fitting in -- Peer Pressure. All societies experience this.
Some for religious beliefs -- Some countries suffer more than others. As long as Man plays God, this will linger.
Some for being God's unique creation. Or being a child born under unlucky stars -- condemned to a Dog's life. Whatever.

Desiderata is being overly productive today, this being my Third Post -- am I trying to fill the void, or vacuum, or whatever! left behind by my Blogger crony? She calls me crazyDesi, I call her the same2! No, not crazyDesi! crazyfreelunch:). She has established a reputation of publishing close to a dozen entries in wan day at her cyber-abode which is vanishing, as I pen this, into thin air.

I am sure over the sext few days, or daes, or dies, there will be loud desibelles calling on the hoRst of 2020freelunch.blogspot.com to come back from the ... I was goin' to use "dead", better subs with "wilde side of blogosphere", become wilder!:)

Did she quit due to pressure -- peer, political, media, or Desi's? -- I sighted this thinking allowed at several weblogs.
I ask of my ER: just don't speculate. You may be all headed up the garden path.

I have an idea, but I am not telling! Mayhaps for 20million..., I can be Almost Persuaded, like any C&W bumpkin:(
They say There's a price/prize (? -- take thy pick!:) on every human's head. And I am no saint to refute that.

Meanwhile, it takes such a long time for me to introduce this Under Siege episode from Down Under, where not everything is up like Ijok, Bursa Malaysia (KLSE) and Petronas, soon to announce another year of breath-taking profits;
except Desi's down, Jed Yoong may be downer, and the downest of damn awe must be Sdr Khalid Ibrahim. His mistake was having a Tan Sri in front of his nama. Jest Desi's knotty take, don't mind me; go mind him, especially PKR members.

_______________________________________
From new.com.au

Mormon mum defends teetotaller

April 29, 2007 12:20am


Daughter 'under seige' for not drinking
Shocked to learn of Big Brother audition
Rebecca wanted 'change of direction'

THE parents of Big Brother 's Mormon contestant, Rebecca Dent, are upset their daughter is under siege from fellow housemates over her decision not to join in their party antics.

Rebecca's mother, Rosemary Dent, has spoken exclusively to The Sunday Mail about her concerns for her daughter, who is finding it hard to bond with housemates.

"She should not be criticised for her belief," Mrs Dent said of Rebecca, 23.

"We have the right to worship God and we accord all the same privilege.

"The housemates are giving her a hard time because she is not participating in their drinking games.

"They have said some hurtful things.

"They are really focusing on her religion. People need to accept her as she is."

She said members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints "follow the Ten Commandments and we don't drink, don't smoke, we try to live a healthy lifestyle".

The 60-year-old mother of nine said she was shocked when she learnt Rebecca had auditioned for the reality TV show.

"But it was a choice she made for herself."

She said she and her husband Colin had counselled Rebecca, discussing the possible fallout.

Mrs Dent isn't worried about Rebecca succumbing to peer pressure from the housemates.

"I have complete confidence in her. She knows she's going to be watched and her parents are watching because she's asked us to tape every episode.

"She's not going to do anything that's going to embarrass her family."

The Gold Coast hinterland resident said seeing her daughter struggle was heartbreaking.

"It's hard seeing her on TV sad when she's such an upbeat person. And I've seen her sad a couple of times now."

Mrs Dent said she refused to read the "nasty comments" left on the Big Brother website.

"I'll get really angry and you don't want to see me mad.

"If you haven't got something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

The family have watched Big Brother previously and said Rebecca "went into BB to have time out".

"She wanted to change the direction of her life".

Tonight, Andrew and Hayley will be revealed to the house as a couple; Billy will be revealed as Hayley's ex; and one person will leave the white room with cash in hand.


___________________________________________

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it is very simple. if you dont drink, stay out, dont join any reality show. dont try to be holy and impose your beliefs on other people. Be that as it may, I dont mix with non-drinkers. I only mix with beer drinkers. Period. Be that as i may, Let It Be.

Sabrina Tan said...

hey desi: just dropping by as a courtesy call :P long time no see
peer pressure?? we all succumb to it to a certain extent :P hope you'll enjoy the Bloggers' United Meet :)

chong y l said...

nstman:

Two vantage ppoints hear -- the Girl-Newsmaker feels the Others were imopsing their beliefs on her. YOUR take is vice versa.
Can't we all "live and ler live"?
I can't join you at the bar? Cos I drink only Rut Bir?
Let's adjourn to Moo_t's caffein bar then? Me *teatotaller feels at home -- *DESI's DEFN One who compleatly drinks teas:)

chong y l said...

Sabrina: THat Gathering I'd give Y&A like thee an Honourable mention -- can get an AA cheap tic from Tony F. to come back ah?:)

I'll have a signed half-kopi for Penang-knight; you ta pau "char kuey teow" to go with my midnight tehtarik plus Ms Sunthi, or Rut Bir (Foster's if Sweets turns up suddenly!:) if NSTman allows it!:):):):) maketh it a FOURsome, Awesome....