My Anthem

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Johor becoming a cowboy state?

I remember some years back a Singaporean leader travelled by car (stand corrected on this point) across the State closest (this word has two possible meanings and both may apply!) to the republic. It hit tyhe news headline, no, not the trip, but the comment that followed with the neighbourly leader's comment to the effect that Johor had become a "cowboy" territory as he traversed the terrain.

I can't recall the "exact details" -- mayhaps some kind ER can furnish, other EsteemedReaders would be grateful, and Desi2! -- but the following news today in The Star could be part of that scenario. Rape of female victim of course compunds the robbery. Slashing the victim's body parts maketh it worse by three times over.


Cowboy TERRORtry? I share Singaporeans' concern should they travel as a couple of male-female, especially armed with SUNG dollars worth more than twice the RM.

I rest my case while we await the Police Chief's response. Or even the IGP's?
Things are getting out of hand with violent crimes in NegaraKu -- I am very afraid.I wonder it's just me and my over-reaction?
My dear ER, please tell Desi! I offer tehtarik, minus the sugar, honey. The bees are out dare...



Thursday June 14, 2007


Another woman gang-raped

JOHOR BARU: A group of men took a couple on a terror ride before raping the woman, the second such case in as many days here.

A 55-year-old contractor and his 35-year-old female friend had stopped at a petrol station along the Pasir Gudang highway at 10.30pm last week.

As he was filling up, three men armed with parang overpowered him and forced both victims into the car.

The assailants took the victims on a one-hour terror ride before stopping at a secluded area along the highway.

As in the case on Monday, the contractor was slashed in the leg when he tried to escape.

With the injured victim watching helplessly, the men took turns to rape the woman before fleeing in another car driven by an accomplice.

The victims lodged a police report after the incident.

On Monday, a 19-year-old girl was raped by three men as her boyfriend watched helplessly in Taman Tampoi Indah.

Their car was rammed into by another car. Three men in the car then abducted the couple. The boyfriend was also slashed in the leg when he tried to escape.

In another incident, a doctor, in her 50s, fell and injured her head after two thieves on a motorcycle snatched her handbag while she was walking to her car in Taman Melody yesterday.

Passers-by who saw the incident caught one of the suspects. He was handed over to the police.

DESI: In my younger days, I enjoyed many westerns, and when the law-officers (Da Sheriff, with or without a badge! John Wayne, Gary Cooper, where art thou?)caught the culprits, many townsfolk would gather to demand they hang the robber/murderer/rapist from "the tallest tree in the county".
Do Malaysians long to restore such cowboy tradition? I sometimes harbour such fleeting yen, yearning, long-ing...two of the three preceding words have my name partially, so it's understandable, yes? They call this a PRE-DILECTION for...Yeah, sometimes cowboys used "BIG" words when their six-shooters weren't so sharp!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir, as a humble Johorean living in JB, let me confirm without a shadow of a doubt that Johor Bahru IS A COWBOY STATE!!!!!

:(

sigh....

Arena Green said...

And, my SIL a Johorean for more than 20 yrs now, wants to say "AYE AYE" to Xypre's declaration. :( :(

Arena Green said...

Ooopps - SIL here is sis-IL not of the KJ variety. ;P

Anonymous said...

Aiyooooh! Singaporeans can ride horses into cowboy town via causeway! Any levy fees for horses and donkeys! Desi, madmonk here.

Helen said...

I hope the cowboy show is not one of those with a stupid/crooked/lazy sheriff.

Anonymous said...

Really? Johor, a cowboy state? Welcome to Malaysian then! If you've not noticed, the entire nation has been as such for a long time now. Save for one or two...may be.

Anonymous said...

Desi, my old friend, have a happy weekend and a poem for you:

"Animal farm says with glee,
Task force cuming to town,
To check on thee,
So watch your crown,
And clean your website,
Don't be a clown,
Watching your backside,
You may frown,
Or sigh,
No censorship, only regulate,
Says Napoleon,
It's never late,
Added the chameleon,
So check your gate,
My friend, the end of freedom,
Bloggers' fate,
From the officialdom

madmonk

Anonymous said...

At last, Malaysia learn something from USA - turning a states into cowboy town.

Now, who is going to secure Iskandar Development Region(IDR). Bolehland electronic and valuable container good hijacking are prime time "business".

Can't use RELA, since they are THE problem. Can't rely on PDRM, since they are "too busy". Perhaps those who want to invest in IDR should hire military?

chong y l said...

Folks, ap of the sincere kind for "late" replies; NO, i did knot venture into Johor and thus suffer myself to the prob of being waylaid. I dunmind the laying, but what about the way-ing eh, xpyre?

I tried B'd, B'd City, actually I lie, straight bypas IT to Subang Jaya. Met a mainland Chinese couple who asked for "fare" to Chinatown; I gave them RM10, to take a bus, they wanted TAXI!
Beggars can't be choosers, I told meself, hoping they did not have sensitive ears.
I thought it Fair even meself did not arrive by Cab so what the crap!

And my advice to xpyre: Next time bypas SJ as well, come on to PJ, said Hello to Nik Nazmi & gang, deferred their invite for tea. I later had tea -- francais, not tehtarik! -- at Deli France. With someone impotant -- your gas/guess is as goode as Desi's. Sometimes I don't ask fellow Blogger for his/her name. Impotance is to ENJOY the companie, and CONversasyen.;o:)0:)

chong y l said...

AM: can some ER unravel this Commenter who visiteth often with tit bits -- I was goin' to "pun" oMore on the tits and bits, but nah, another time lest she gal/boycotts DP!:(

Don't let me catcha taking pix of Desi at MengKee's -- this Furong monkey bytes more than he bucks!:)

chong y l said...

am:

I dunn mine my SIL being of thet KJ-kinda -- pass it on if your have a prospectuts eh?
Tell lah your SIL or outlaws to ove to NS -- we still have lots of land by Ujong River and the Anak Bulan steal shineth bright on Lantern Festival:)

chong y l said...

helen and Anonymice:
My type of Da Sheriff collects awe your six-shooters before letting you entry into Furong; you can have brawl and sex, butt canknot draw.
As for Johor, xpyre confirms those sheriffs wear "cabalang" badges wan, rite? Now If i were to drive car to Singapore, the puzzle is:

HOW DO I BY-PASS AWE THESE CROOKED SHERIFFS WHO SHOOT STRAIGHT?

Maybe Ipoh mayor shound send down his/her contingent of Helenesque law-enforcers? I now so propose. Helen, you say Yes?:)

chong y l said...

moo_t:

Militray for hire? I thought that was in Indonesia?
Johor's force is for the Sultan's doain only, No?
Maybe we can set up a Cyber-Vigilane corps?
Anywan with V xxperience? I heard of one Sabbie butt she's steal oversees.

chong y l said...

madmonk, for Awe thy verses
i do it honours by fronting them for display
if my ER cometh visiting at the monkery pretending to be nurses
charge them a levy and remember D's 30, I pray --Awomen.