My Anthem

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Jeanne is the PM's Jewel

Desi woke up this morn feeling fine
I heard It already on the grapevine
"PM to wed on Saturday", reads the NST headline
It's an occasion quite sublime, so divine

Let's be happy for Pak Lah
He was once sleepy
Now he's so skippy
I'm sending this DEDICATION in Hi-desibelles
Everything's gonna be swell, soon will ring Da Wedding Bells
Malaysians will raciously wish the PM well
Go forth and multiply
Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi
We all celebrate too for thee
Now a leader not so shy-shy!


Jean
the Song was by Oliver, actually written by
Rod McKuen?

Jean, Jean, roses are red
All the leaves have gone green
And the clouds are so low
You can touch them, and so
Come out to the meadow, Jean


Jean, Jean, you're young and alive
Come out of your half-dreamed dream
And run, if you will, to the top of the hill
Open your arms, bonnie Jean


Till the sheep in the valley come home my way
Till the stars fall around me and find me alone
When the sun comes a-singin' I'll still be waitin'


For Jean, Jean, roses are red
And all of the leaves have gone green
While the hills are ablaze with the moon's yellow haze
Come into my arms, bonnie Jean


(Jean, Jean)
Jean, you're young and alive!!
Come out of your half-dreamed dream
And run, if you will to the top of the hill
Come into my arms, bonnie Jean


Today from the NST frontpage:

PRIME MINISTER Datuk Seri
Abdullah Ahmad Badawi
yesterday announced that he
will remarry this week, saying
his love for his late wife, Endon,
remains strong but that he has
fallen in love again.


Abdullah, 67, will wed
Jeanne Abdullah, 53, at
the prime minister's official
residence in a function open to
family members only.


DESI: Syabas, Pak Lah, goode times/dimes are a-comin'
God bless Malaysia, God bless our beloved Prime Minister
Bliss be with thee and bonnie Jeanne
Peace and Progress cometh along to NegaraKu with thy ecstasy

11 comments:

sweetspirits said...

:)

mob1900 said...

Ahh the Emperor keeps himself disillusionised. Goode times for BOTH the soon-to-be mom-in-law and son-in-law. You would never know when such 'Alliance of Covenience' for mutual ambitions are conceived.

At least, S-I-L will be out of favour... for now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi, so sorry coz I just checked my mail and realized I *eeekk!!!* stood u up at Mengkee!

No offence, but I guess the KOPI has gone cold now, much like Howsy saying "Thanks but no need ler" to my offer of buying the musk'trs a round of drinks at the last BUMming togthr.

The crazy weather has got to me now - so I'm actually lying very very low. Hope u hv a great wickend, Desi. I know one 67 yr old man is gonna have a blast, heheh! ;-) AM

chong y l said...

sweets:
:):)

chong y l said...

mob1900...where have U been for SE7EN teen years?

FIL, SIL, Will NAB join the Alliance of CONvenience ah? B precedes C, see?

chong y l said...

anonymous 1241:

Art thou like Gany Patail speakin' the Truth, the 'hole truth, nothin; but thy Aching Tooth?

Ok lah, since part of thy Bl;og's nama is SemuaNya Okay, I left the signed (not spilt!:) kopi with da lady Boss, Madam Su (pls retrieve before 24 otherVICE, nrmal cargo stoarge charges apply!:(

I am standing UP as I 'rite. Awe for One, Wan foe All:(
Mave, Howsy Docs, What say yee we "hijack" her from Furong to Jalan Alor and maketh her cook Cili Crap?

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi,
If you'd youtube the song jean, you will find one version actually sung by rod mckuen himself. Enjoy.
Me dad says the song was from a movie called the Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.

chong y l said...

anon at 1106, another shy-SLY wan!

thanks for thy guidance. I surfed to youtube and listened to McKuen's version TWICE!
(I remember listened to one Long Greene's? rendition with the lyrics being recited -- like my poem-lah! -- I truly love that one. Can ANYONE, evenm Anon 10.43 June 9 can oblige Copying that Version if you spot it? Send-lah here or to my email chongyl2000@yahoo.com ...)

TQ agin Anon 110S'X!

PS: And Magie Smith as as hot as Jean (Brodie) or Jeanne Somebody...

Anonymous said...

Jean, Jean ... the soundtrack from the Sixties classic The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, is one of the enduring songs of that era. And Oliver, who died a few years ago, is one of my favourite singers. By the way Oliver also sang arguably the best song of the flower power era - Good Morning Starshine - from the musical Hair. Thanks for the memories, Desi.

chong y l said...

nstman:

did YOU APpear on May 19 at LVC? I tried looking for someone wearing some flowers in his hair, even tempted to ask thee to lead of with LET IT BE announcing K-session at 1030pm -- silence.

Badder luck sext time eh, meanwhile, We'll Let Pak Lah and Jeanne Be eh? Sixties serenade for First Couple ? -- with It's Been A Hard Day's Night, surely knot!:):)

chong y l said...

PS: I'll check it out, as Randy Jackson would say in AI --Good Morning Starshine:) TQ --Desi