My Anthem

Saturday, June 30, 2007

EN-tranzED by So You Think You Can Dance?

Was Desi glad and lifted Friday night for two hours, and my recent bout ofpessimism disappeared somewhat when the four "youthful" finalists for So You Think You Can Dance over TV8 geneerated much versatility, hope and enthusiasm that enveloped the judges, the audience and home viewers like Desi -- I was ENtranzED indeed.

It was the depiction of a nation's citizens at their best -- an aura only anchored by God's gifts that truly went beyong race, colour and creed.

I pause hereas I need to take a break and I assure you I am now convinced that the CREATIVE people in Malaysia are not lacking in talent. If only the country gives more attention to the activities that are driven by passion and love, Malaysia as a nation still has some HOPE. I say this amidst much negativity and pessimism much in the Malaysian air over the past 1o months since the 49th Merdeka celebrations.

Just a few days back I had paused and wondered ALOUD, still ALLOWED at Desi's Place, if I should continue the traditional Merdeka Day Essay Series. Now I don't hesitate. I see some glimmer of hope on which I butter my vision of a generation of Malaysians who may make a difference -- IF ONLY CERTAIN SEGMENTS OF MALAYSIA WAKE UP FROM THEIR OWN SELF-DESTRUCTIVE POLITICS AND TAKING MALAYSIA TOWARDS THE EDGE THAT OVERSEES THAT ABYSS.

...To be continued...________________________________________________

From the NST

Dance contest winner reveals his generous side


A jubilant Muhamad Alam Haslan (centre) after he was declared winner of the So You Think You Can Dance finals last night.
KUALA LUMPUR, Sat:

Muhamad Alam Haslan beat three other contenders to clinch the first prize in the 8TV reality show So You Think You Can Dance finals held at Ruums, Kuala Lumpur.

The 21-year-old from Muar, Johor, won RM50,000, RM3,000 worth of jewellery from Poh Kong and a dream role in the musical My Name is Remy ... The Life, The Love & The Inspiration, the latest project by Puteri Gunung Ledang’s lead actress, Datin Seri Tiara Jacquelina.

For his solo dance performance, he chose to breakdance his way to winning the competition with Evanescence’s Can You Feel It.

"I would like to help people who are out there in the streets dancing to be recognised," he said after the prize-giving ceremony.

He revealed his generous side by presenting the jewellery he won to his fellow contestant Tengku Noor Fatimah who had given him a lot of support during the competition.

Jehan Miskin and Juliana Ibrahim were the night’s presenters, while guest artistes included Reshmonu and Joe Flizzow of Too Phat who performed their hit songs.

Judges for the final were Pat Ibrahim, Judimar Hernandez, Ramli Ibrahim and Tiara, who was the guest judge.

Besides the solo performance, the finalists had to dance in pairs. For the first time, there was a different kind of pairing on the show — the two female finalists danced together, while the two male dancers partnered each other.

No comments: