“We stand today on the brink of history. We have reached the last twenty-four hours of a historic campaign that will change Malaysia forever. Across country, we have seen hundreds of thousands of Malaysians of all ethnicities come out to our ceramahs. The response in frontline states such as Johor, Sabah and Sarawak, the heartland and fortresses of Umno and Barisan Nasional, has been tremendous.
In preparation for our first few months of government, I am releasing a Pakatan Rakyat Roadmap outlining key actions that we will undertake in order to fulfill our manifesto promises. As I have always emphasized, the focus of this roadmap must be pro-rakyat and consist of measures that will have both immediate impact, and long-term benefits. These are reforms that BN has never dared to implement, but Pakatan Rakyat has the courage to do so – reforms that will bring back a renaissance, a genuine merdeka and democracy to Malaysia.
I want assure all Malaysians not to fear. This transition will not only be historic, but also peaceful. Pakatan Rakyat’s Security Advisory Council of former generals and police will help myself and other Pakatan Rakyat leaders through the process.
To the rakyat and supporters of Pakatan Rakyat, we thank you for your faith, your courage, and your vision. Sunday’s election will mark the decisive step in an amazing, peaceful, democratic revolution that will take Malaysia into a new era. Let us go out to vote in strength on Sunday. Encourage all your friends, relatives and neighbours to cast their ballots.
I warn the Election Commission and the Caretaker Government again – the rakyat will not tolerate any electoral fraud. We will be vigilant of all suspicious activities. We will ensure that only Malaysians will decide the fate of our nation, and Insyallah, we will succeed.
To all Malaysians: Our nation is a land of promise and fulfillment. Seize your destiny.
Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim
PETA LALUAN PAKATAN RAKYAT 3 Janji 30 Hari, 10 Tindakan 100 Hari
6 Mei – Cuti Awam bagi memudahkan rakyat pulang dari kampung selepas mengundi.
30 hari pertama: Meringankan beban, mensejahterakan rakyat
1. 7 Mei – Menurunkan harga minyak serta merta
2. Membatalkan semua pinjaman hutang PTPTN
3. Pemulaan penghapusan tol lebuhraya secara berperingkat
100 hari pertama: Menjana Ekonomi Negara yang Memenfaatkan Rakyat
1. Menubuhkan Majlis Daya Saing Negara dengan mandat untuk menyediakan pelan induk untuk menghasilkan sejuta pekerjaan dalam bidang-bidang tambah nilai tinggi.
2. Menilai semua kontrak penswastaan yang merugikan rakyat menurut lunas undang-undang
3. Melancarkan inisiatif sektor perkhidmatan awam menuju kelas dunia (world class standard) serta menjadikannya bercirikan tatakelola baik, berkebajikan, berpendidikan tinggi dan mesra keluarga
4. Memberi peruntukan yang sepatutnya bagi Perbadanan Perumahan Negara mencapai sasaran pembinaan rumah seperti yang telah dijanjikan.
5. Membebaskan media dari campurtangan politik
6. Menjadikan Suruhanjaya Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia (SPRM) badan yang lebih bebas dan bukan dibawah Jabatan Perdana Menteri
7. Menetapkan sasaran mengurangkan kadar kemiskinan yang merentasti semua kaum.
8. Melancarkan Agenda Merakyatkan Parlimen – memulakan gerakerja pindaan atau penghapusan semua undang-undang ‘anti-rakyat’:
§ Akta Percetakan dan Penerbitan 1984 § Akta Universiti dan Kolej Universiti 1971 § Memulangkan royalti hasil petroliam dan hidrokarbon 20% kepada Sabah, Sarawak, Terengganu dan Kelantan.
9. Memulakan penyelesaian permasalahan tanah adat Orang Asal di Semenanjung Malaysia, Sabah dan Sarawak
10. Menyelesaikan isu kewarganegaraan, terutamanya rakyat keturunan India dan pribumi Sabah dan Sarawak, dan permulaan proses pembersihan senarai kad pengenalan seluruh negara.
DESIDERATA: Let's pray and hope that GOoD Will Triumph Over Evil -- Yes, it's People's Power versus the Eveil Regime that's the Barisan Nasional led by UMNO, the latter BIG BROTHER described by a former PM as the "Devil-You-Know".
Malaysians can look forward to REAL CHANGE with the Programmes that Pakatan Rakat led by DS Anwar Ibrahim, has promised to deliver in the different time frames outlined above. YES, THE FIRST THREE PROJECTS ARE HIGHLY DO-ABLE WITHIN 30DAYS!
Malaysians have NOTHING TO LOSE by voting in the new coalition comprising DAP, PKR and PAS because the only Government we have known for 55 years are just sick and bloated from entrenched CORRUPTION and the People suffer from a breakdown in almost all the SYSTEMS -- be it the Judiciary, the Police and the Armed Forces, so WHY NOT CHANGE THE SYSTEM bedevilled for 55 long years.
If the new PR government at Putrajaya fails to perform and deliver on MOST OF THE KEY PROMISES -- reasonable Malaysians don't expect 100% fulfilment for NO SYSTEM IS PERFECT! -- then in five years' time, we the Rakyat will boot them out cometh GE14.
May all Malaysian VOTERS exercise their choice TOMORROW WITH WISDOM gained from your observation and experience of the past 55 years -- WE CAN TEST THE NEW COALITION CALLED PAKATAN RAKYAT for the next five years. The UMNO-led regime has plunged SO LOW it's quite UNLIKELY the PR government can go any lower! We have everything TO GAIN as proven in the case of Penang and Selangor whose citizens have tasted the fruits of change, especially when the state government was able to achieve a BUDGET SURPLUS under Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng and Khalid Ibrahim the past five years contrasted with the BN governments before them who again and again recorded deficit budgets. AND YOU KNOW WHY, DON'T YOU?
CORRUPTION -- that beast that eats way Malaysians' lovely land and our nation's soul. We should put our faith in the new coalition led by a former DPM-cum-Finance Minister who will strive to redress the past wrongs and omissions done to our nation (and to him and his family, incarcerating him in Sungei Buloh prison for 6-years-plus). VOTE FOR PR -- YOU HAVE EVERYTHING TO GAIN and LOOK TOWARDS A BETTER MALAYSIA -- Yes, Desi's belief in good faith.
PS: The highlights are awe in RED because the coming Monday will see a new FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AT PUTRAJAYA -- it's gonna be a RED LETTER DAY!