My Anthem

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Another dedicAtion to ...

A New Born Child.

DESIDERATA in his blogging journey has had many surprise visitors whose conversations -- followed by emails, incluing from femail-lah, as I am no gender discriminator! -- provide fodder for the morning after's breakfast and ponder.

Thursday's morn was brightened by emails from an obliging helen, (http://allofhelen.blogspot.com) an eeePOHlang like Howsy, (http://howsy.blogspot.com) and an APologetic 4fei (hey, send me an AP, willya?)

And thirdly, something I'd like to share with my ER -- esp those who ENJOY POETRY! like Daisy on a bicycle built for two! -- gfood things are to be shared.

This guy (I presume he's a guy, like Howsy, though somethimes in blogosphere, there's nothing to say One Cannot Be a Phantom...)
Anyways, back from digression, which is my second or third nama, he arrived modestly at Desi's Costume Ball dress'd like a Dreamer Idiot.
I call him DreamerI because aren't we all an idiot at one time or two other?

Extracting from his email, like a breeze because he had gone MIA for some weeks and his blog (http://dreamerididiot.blogspot.com) has seen some weeds and lallang overgrown through a nth's neglect, is this pleasant surprise:

"... remember the poetry thing I have been talking about many, many months back? Sharon Bakar, Leon Wing and myself are giving it a shot, and I just did the first post. http://puisipoesy.blogspot.com/ Next week, Sharon will be putting something up. I have written some stuff about what we are trying to do with this blog, the goals and objectives, and hope you would take a look, and consider whether you would like to join in. : )

Yes, Desi will definitely (note the sperring OK, NOT definately!) join in the versifying. Poet-aspirants all, please have a date with Miss/Mr puisipoesy, depending on your sexual orientation, yes -- this blogsworld is truly a democratic uni-verse. Tri-sexual butt. If you don't believe me, ask one song-writer I used to wor-ship. Sir Johnny and his/her furnishing Other.

I downgraded the 'worship' to Hol' in Hi-Esteem, but I pick from his many achievements the following song to dedicAte to dreamerI's NEW BORN BABE, and wish him "Bon Voyage, and Smooth Sailing Across the SE7EN SEAS!"

Your Song

Music by Elton John
Lyrics by Bernie Taupin


It's a little bit funny this feeling inside
I'm not one of those who can easily hide
I don't have much money but boy if I did
I'd buy a big house where we both could live

If I was a sculptor, but then again, no
Or a man who makes potions in a travelling show
I know it's not much but it's the best I can do
My gift is my song and this one's for you

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done
I hope you don't mind I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss
Well a few of the verses well they've got me quite cross
But the sun's been quite kind while I wrote this song
It's for people like you that keep it turned on

So excuse me forgetting but these things I do
You see I've forgotten if they're green or they're blue
Anyway the thing is what I really mean
Yours are the sweetest eyes I've ever seen

© 1969 Dick James Music, Inc


A Mystery DedicAtion

Our Song

Celebration of life
With a lass like no other by my side
With a perennial smile on your face
Like the morning sun lighting up our space
You sing me an old Chinese song
I respond with the First of May
Childhood innocence envelops a pair
Banded by youthful exuberance
Your smile always ringin' our domain
Sweet refrain, lifting lyrics
Binding me to the depths of your soul
I wish the night doesn't go away
Even a heavenly parting kiss is not enough
To compensate the flying hours
Holding hands, squeezing 'em in understanding
I wish to stay f'ever list'ning to your song
Drinking in the smile
Always playing around your tender lips
Sincerity defined

YLChong (copyleft)

8 comments:

sweetspirits said...

Desi
You Know Elton actually did sit on the roof top and write that song , when he was young and not wealthy.He wrote Your Song for his mother and yes that is true because in concert he told the story and dedicated the song to his mum.Of course he wrote for his brother Daniel .

My favs are
Thats why they call it the blues
Candle in the wind
Nikita :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the promo of the poetry blog, though as I rather that my blog identity be obscured... I kinda like being an unknown :)

chong y l said...

Yan:

That's OUR sacred
Dance of May
Sptember Reverie
Waltzing Matilda
With Nicole, Cybill
OR some sspirit?

I'll tell mySTORY
Provided you tell yours?
Come
"First
of May..."


PS: My choice is steal BeeGees
Hers is stellar Emi Fujita's.

chong y l said...

sspirit:

Shy, shy:
Will mGf from LandOfSpiritedS-miles
Will thee have the sext dance
Waltzing Matilda
with Desi?

PS: Hey you guys, don't get jeles -
jest Q-up! Or down under:)
4thyturn, of the Roulette Whill!:(

chong y l said...

dreAmerI:

Like Desi, so shy, so shy!
Then let's DO IT on the sly...

Blardy hell, sum IpohLang is spying
No, not you, Helen! it's Howsy,
I'm not lie-ing.

chong y l said...

sweets agin:

Thanks for info on Sir Johnny's Your Song background ... now we can APpreciate the lyrics better.

As to The Candle, we know it's to hail the Ashes of YoungDiana Blowin' In The Wind...

Now can we get back doing the Waltz? Isit 3-sttep or five-step ah?
Desi has gota only two left feet!
(REmember I am leftist, outA d'closet?)
Helen,or Howsy -- IpogLang are vely kinda! -- can I borrow one or three of yours?

sweetspirits said...

No Desi
The original Candle in the Wind ...
Regarding Marilyn Monroe .....;)

chong y l said...

sweets, agin2:

Pls tell more on MM's candle,
The light went out on Desi
I once wrote about Paradise and a Hello
Jen Harlow got in thhe way as Marilyn
But the Composer did not tell
the 'hole story;
SS, How about you?