My Anthem

Thursday, September 22, 2005

A SURPRISING POST

desiderata.truth

I think by nature, writers are radical beings. Being passionate, they reach into the deepest of their emotions and the furthest reach of their intellect to search for the truth and reasoning behind a statement, question or a problem. If the final product put forth in words is not moved by radical motivation, it will not flow swimmingly, the impact will not be maximum, the text will not shine. And if words do not shine, the writing won't sustain any Reader's interest to continue to read further, or to its end, which is surely every writer's goal.


Discerning readers at Desi's Place would have noticed I seldom wrote on Desiderata.Truth, one of the three stated categories I introduced as ranking objectives for starting this Blod. Truth is only dsicerned often by what is called The Third Eye -- because it belongs to those "indefinable" qualities that philosophers can spend long hours in discourse, and only on ocaasions o Epiphanic Appearances is Truth seen, and even then, as mere approximations to It. Truth is never close to a simple arithmetical equation like

Two plus two is four i.e. as expresssed in conventional maths 2 + 2 = 4

If I have not committed myself to write with passion from within my heArt, then I might as well be silent. For there is indeed gold in Silence, at times. If I suffer from self doubt, and I can't even convince myself about an issue, then this piece would have to call a stop here. I cannot go on -- because it would NOT be fair to you, my most esteemed reader who is sparing me your precious time, and lending me your damed good ears. Desi might not mind being a Pig, but he surely does not want donkeys for conversationists.

So it is a DELIGHT to read of dissenting views from my EsteemedReaders. That calls for real two-way, or multi-way conversations, for I do encourage that Readers also exchange views -- nay, even debate -- among themselves. I make a good listener. Yes, I do, and I have amended or minded my thinking oin certain issues on reading contrasting views which make greater sense and more convincing meat than my first bite.

But most important of all, I have to do justice to myself as a writer. I was reading a fellow Blogger's intetresting post about "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" (hey, kyels, did you adapt thy nick from that doc?...:)recently, and I added my 3sen worth.

And I just commented spontaneously to her writing -- no, second thoughts there, because in Conversations, I believe we must speak as the words come to lips, no hesitation, no holds barred ... we have to allow room for DISsent, otherWISE, there is no meaningful discourse.

Someimes, on reading back my writings, like te last two days' posts of five years ago -- I am amazed at myself. I say to msyelf "Hey, that's incredible writing from YLChong -- here referred to as a ThirdPerson, because I never realised I had indeed overdone myself. Hence I said in the INTRO yesterday I am mighty proud ...)

I believe I would not have achieved writing to that high standard if not for the circumstances and the environmental factors that impacted on one's thought snad challenged one's beliefs, for writing or action in other ways in reaction or response.

Today I'm going to quote extensively from a fellow Blogger at kyels.com on her post:

"***Dual Personalities

Posted by Kyels on September 18th, 2005 at 4:09 pm

Heard of Dr. Henry Jekyll and Mr. Hyde before?

It’s a literature written by Robert Louis Stevenson and was published in 1886. Stevenson dreamt the plot and eventually began jotting down his memories on the paper. And the short novel was finished within three days. And this was how the literature called Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde came about.
Dual personas, anyone know what’s that about?
……..
So what is the connection between dual personalities and blogging?

Have you ever thought why people keep their feelings within themselves and rather not blog about it? Blogs may be a good way for a person to rant and ramble, cuss and swear but there are also people who want to live in their own world, hidden behind a mask and the mask is their blogs. That is why they don’t portray their true self when blogging. They may write good stuffs but in the end, people think they are just trying to act all good and innocent.

Dual personalities and blogging may have connection because if one doesn’t be him/herself in their blogs, which means they are not ready to show the whole blogging community who they are and sometimes they are being labeled as liars or trying to act all pure and good. But come on, we cannot judge a book by its cover. It’s just not right.

Maybe one of you might ask me in return, am I blogging like my real self in reality?
Rest assured, some of you may call me a liar or I am trying to be a goodie person but honestly my posts portrays what I have in mind all the time in reality and I wouldn’t deny that I ponder and think a lot. Well, a lot of stuff is constantly rummaging through my brains and hence this is the reason why I blog posts that sounds philosophical. I think a lot and I reflect my past actions and how and why do people behave like that. My entries may sound rigid and structured, but hey, this is what I have in mind and hence that explains why the posts are so long all the time. My thoughts, you see.

So, how do you blog? Concealing you true nature behind a mask or you’re blogging the way you are in reality? ****"

Posted under My Humble Thoughts
24 Voices Spoken


Two of the Voices who commented:

""***sweets said,
September 18, 2005 at 7:46 pm

I think we all would be some what different at times,depending on our moods or where we are what we r doing….
cheerz gal



ylchong said,
September 18, 2005 at 9:59 pm

hi kyels:
You can tell after some regular reads of a particular blog whether he/she blogs from the heart. If a reader cannot make a “connection” after several readings, he/she won’t come back for more.

Me, I blog treating my readers like children — (O)Livers and Olivias, (and Olivettis?), hoping they will “ask for more”.

Dual personae — that’s another subject which may, or may not, be totally reflected in one’s writings — as writers suffer from changing moods, external influnce (factors), etc. So it’s not fair to use writings to judge personalities because some Bloggers set up a particular site to entertain, even quite in contrast to thei true personalities — e.g. KennySia’s . met him only once, he’s not all the time priming the F-words or flanting his “coconuts” so it’s using this medium for a focused objective.

I only agree in the area when you “journalise” your personal thoughts, and compose poems — that must flow from the heArt,, or it mostly fails to “connect”.
My 3sen worth, because two sen buy 50% less nowadays, and desi is tigtening his belt2 — like me, I try to inject humour in my writings, cos life is already too seriou-uusss, man (woman is included in da man-lah!). must always end with a s-mile at Kyels because of her warm&caring personality.


And from Sabrina's Place today, her NZD2 worth (buy me a bar of giant Choc?) on why she blogs:

"**I blog because I'd like to share my interests with certain groups of people. I blog because I want to highlight an issue, and get feedback from readers. I might, perhaps, learn from their feedback and see things in a different light.

If I had wanted to be famous, I would definitely go for something else. Do some great research or something like that.
If I want to be famous by writing, I would publish GREAT books. ( That is still my dream!)
**"

As I pen this piece after reading the shortest comments from Sabrina, kyels and sweets to yesterday's post, with the latter asking WHY THE SILENCE?, and I had responded I think with quoting from my Sifu poet, Max EHRMANN: "GO placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peAce there may be in SILENCE."

In my present writings, I'd want to rise to that standard I was so proud of attaining in penning those last two pieces exactly five years ago yesterday, so I let the words flow.****""

I have always enjoyed kyels writings because they are so spontaneous -- young and innocent most times, yet a little mature beyong her age (I only kNOw this because she states it in her Profile, othewise I'll put her out as ... I won't go public, this is NO BOSTON PUBLIC teAchere here:) Yes, I did comment to her she has been most "philosophic" in her recent articles -- and why not when one is in that particular frame of mind> Desi has been pretty "nostalgic" in his September peices, well I had partly Xplained myself, but there's no reason to, because to each his/her own in blogosphere, as the saying oes:Variety is the spice of life. Sometimes the "fever" spreads thogh as Sabrina catches on with Desi's "nostalgia" and seems lost in so many places in Haze-land, wondering and wandering ...Me, my threads of life connect with all my mGf, both Blogger and non-B, equally welcome to converse ehre, and Haridas serves pretty GOoD tehha-lia2!

As for Sweets, she just packs up to dance wantonly in the Springtime and Summer, and we'll wait for Winter when she hibernates and maybe, perhaps, maybhaps? she'll have leisure to revive her Sweetz blog. Meanwhile, she meanders away with a LuvOR.... 'est in another hideaway.

So back to kyels' rumination about Dual Personalities, I think we all have a touch of Hyde in all of us; hopefully this doesn't dominate the Dr Jekyll perona and we'll stay alright in Rightland, won't we. But sometimes, things go hay-wire, and we don't understand why cerian people allow their Dark sides to overwhelm them. That's when humans descend into the abyss of base animal writhings ...

I've read R.L. Stevenson's Dr J and Mr H, and even in my schooldays, I've wondered and wandred along with, marvelled at his rich imigaination that transported into his world of adventure in Treasure Islland, and his exploration of human nature -- this Mr Hiding behind the Mask of the GOod Doc? And I do concur with kyels in one obsevation as I stated in my comment: One can't but be true to oneselt -- writing from the heArt in one's journals on private personal thoughts, or in penning one's poems -- otherWISE, it fails.


So before I knock off, I think I've written another surprising post. Did I surpass myself? You tell me -- No tehtarik for the telling or it's bribery -- we wouldn't want that on spiritedestination, would we?

To maintain a lifting quest, Take the best medicine of all for what ails you -- laughter :)

*******

"A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon
without springs--jolted by every pebble in the road."
~Henry Ward Beecher

"Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects."
--Arnold Glasow

"Laughter is by definition healthy."
--Doris Lessing

"If somebody makes me laugh, I'm his slave for life."
--Bette Midler

"The human race has one really effective weapon,
and that is laughter."
--Mark Twain

"What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul."
-- Yiddish Proverb

"Laughter is an instant vacation."
-- Milton Berle

"Laughter is the shortest distance between two people."

-- Victor Borge

*******The foregoing was extracted from:

'Thought & Humor' - often polemical but
never tasteless/unrefined/uncouth/ribald.

12 comments:

sweetspirits said...

U hooo Desi
yes ineed we can blog from thy heart
but yet at times ,one is reminded that
others may read what is written and there is only a certain level some ppl want to share .Of course we also have to consider not all blogs are personal blogs and the blogger has a right ,to of which he/her decides to share with others. So its all good becoz no one belongs to anyone ;) ..

In actual fact the world would be a better place if ppl were judged less :) cheerioz n tcz

Spring is in thy air ,,,,i must spring clean yay...............

Anonymous said...

Wheeee.. Dessssii.

Thanks for quoting me once again. Well, I agree with Sssssspirit because we can blog from our heart and it's our blog so we can blog the way we want.

It's even better when people doesn't make assumptions or judgments because it's simply and plain wrong to do so.

I wrote that post because I felt that someone people think I am trying to act holier than thou.. In which I am not because all of my posts are from my own thoughts.

I was plugged in recently and someone commented on the other blog.. Saying that we should blog like ourselves in reality. I am like that in reality. I think way to much and I think about stuff like patience and tolerance, bias.. Everything.

Hehehe.

*hugs.

Cheers!

Wuching said...

gee..I'm surprised!

Sabrina Tan said...

yea, kyel..i guess u and i know who are the current 'enemies' in the blogosphere right now..
being writers are one of the best things that humans can achieve.
we can do so much by writing..
one can learn, teach and be humbled by the whole experience.
As Desi would be put it:
Live it up!!

sweetspirits said...

Hi ya gals
yes Desi we've taken over ya blog again hehe.
Kyels
I to have experienced that kind of thing from others in blogland , when in my deepest thoughts i posted about certain things maybe as a release only to read on another blogger blog somthing that made me feel very sad so i removed my posts a few times .I felt bad not bcoz i had posted about anything in relation to another person, i felt bad bcoz this other blogger made me feel ,that what i was posting about was way off the topic the blogger thought.Okz im trying not to go into details and a few times a certain blogger made me feel like i had done something wrong when indeed i hadn't.So i told myself ,,hehe yes i think too much .. just let it be others can think whatever they like about me bcoz it is my friends my family and God that matters and if i do right by those i have no need to feel bad.Btw it is easy to misunderstand another through words especially online, via chat or sms.

So my dear Kyels try just let it be, bcoz otherwise we can worry too much about things and it will take away the good things we can miss out on.

Hey Sabby
Yes the blog enemies tsk tsk who needs them none of us ;).
This is my safe harbour n gal don't worry about others words can hurt but the truth shall aways prevail.

You girls both are so down to earth
and Desi wonders why i want to keep Malaysians like you too in Oz .Hehe yes Desi when Kyels studies in Oz , we might keep her tsk tsk.

Okz girls im off b4 i burn dinner plus House is on ....gotta watch house ...
cheers tcz

chong y l said...

Sweets:

Be careful, I can see through your heArt -- so yes, hold back some, as there is a Shaolin temple sifu's wsie saying: Don't teAch your disciples ALL the tricks, hold back maybe 10 percent. In the event any disciple turns against the Sifu, he still has an Upper hand.

So also with OUR innermost thoughts, we can't pour out everythin', can we, even if we want to? Like I left out te "g" in everythinG, G-string remember? The guitar, you strum on the SIX strings, yet one or two are untouched, sometimes.

No one belongs to anyone;) -- I'm not so sure about that. Some parts of the world big bad wolf with the mighty $ flashing everywhere, he controls and owns almost everyone.

Well, in Msia and Oz, we are damned bloody lucky, our Ringgit and your AUS$ are mostly buried UNDER-GROUND&UnderH20 -- oil,remember, and the ISA? Lols, this is getting into dangerous terrain, let's run back into clear, cool H20. What is sui to us may be suei for others, like Dark Water, as in our writings. Desi's talkong in tongue now. Maaf, ia?:)

chong y l said...

kyels:

Don't jump in glee so SooooN!

Some assignments may be forthcoming. When Desi sings praises of thee, he may have somethin' up his sleeves -- and he wears long sleAves most times. Crepy crawlies survive in there! So it will test your endurance, patience&tolerance, and WordPlay only-lah! HaHaHa!

chong y l said...

hey wu ching -- you make a surprise parachute landing -- all the wayz from Melbourne! How do you pronounce this nama? Melberne, as in Berne's Convention, or Melborn, as in a new babe "born" see, get used to Desi's digression; just "orintating" this rare visitor -- let's give him/her a glass of TTarik to Selamat Datang:)

chong y l said...

See, Sab and kyels are always ganging up -- I must teAch 'em less than 40% each so they add up to only 80% max. OtherWISE when they rebel, I have cause for concern! And concern doesn't need their Age of Consent either. And Sab, how do yuou pronounce this bloody English "connector" -- is it "e"ther of isit "I"ther? 4, this teAcher must also become "pupil" (role reversal) accidentally. Ooops, wLong word, ne'er mine, today's WedNurseDay and the nurse is steal with us! Tongue2!

sweetspirits said...

U hoo Desi
I see you tagged me with seven hey tsk tsk hehe okz i posted by tag,,,,,,,,,,
cheerz tcz

Anonymous said...

Hey Spirit,

Well I do let go don't get me wrong.. But I just don't like the way they put their words. It hurts. Ouch!

I do agree with you that people often misunderstand messages via online, chat..

Will let it go, no worries Spirit. :)

chong y l said...

Hi Sweets:

Saw your SE7EN, but you hid behind thy First Luv! That's JUST, not fair!:(

But you're given a Second "can" (Bahasa Malaysia for Chance) to confess your first L'VE, even for that cute teAcher at secondary 1 also-can-lah!

Then you can Me_Me other Other Conversationist to do so-lah, but at Desi's Place, SO WE CAN ALL COMPARE NOTES, at my new post just UP, UP & AWAY! ("Friday's Child wins at Love they say...", Matt Monro's manly Voice serenades all you pretty dames...:)


Hey kyels:

No worries Be happy
I'm sure you're in luv
OtherWise I don't understand that
Lament
Of a Broken-heArted sir-r-R?....