My Anthem

Saturday, September 24, 2005

I'm Into Somethin' GOoD ...

Because I had to stay up late LAST NIGHT, trying to meet a DEADLINE for a newspaper weekly column and Desi ERRATIC could not convert a PDF file into MS WORD ... he bloody wasted some two hours before YoungKyels solved with a "No problem" in a jiffy!

Then thunder boomed from 9.30pm which gave Desi a convenient Xcuse to watch the Grand Finale of Malaysia Idol Season 2 -- I primed for Daniel via HP, and Nita via DL, so I was being "fair" to two YoungMalaysians who I feel make greAt role models. KEEP IT UP, who ever wins 'cos I believe BOTH ARE TRULY MALAYSIAN WINNERS!:)')

Which noew provides the real Xcuse2 for me "stealing" not just Choc Whittaker?, I don't take, Desi steals or robs in CyberSpace, like Rob Williams taking off with that nicolekid with Somethin' Real Stupid!

Okay, cos I am really "flattened out" staying up till about 2AM to meat that deadline to Catsville, I'm reproducing a 24-hour-old post from Sabrina's Place (new look needs a promo, man! visit http://sabrinawstan.blogsome.comSab did not report me to the NZPD, but instead promised me a whatever type of choc -- these NZ people are real generous -- maybe their Chocs grow on Apple trees, when I was small, and Christmas trees were tall, and Xmas came early in 2005 for Desi!

September 23, 2005

First Love
Filed under: Personal

I just wanted to try out blogsome as it will give me more space to edit my posts…so…sorry if I appear to be fickle minded…that’s the nuances of being a youngster..

Nonetheless….it’s all the same anyway…

First Love

I was reading through Desi’s blog about his first love..pretty touching and cute in a way..

I would define his story as puppy love.

What is your definition of love then?

I had puppy love(s) before. It was such a simple, young, innocent and naive thing. I also had non-puppy love, if we could call that.

But today I am just going to talk about the puppy one..as the latter group is too complicated sometimes to comprehend.

I remember I was in primary school. He was my friend since kindergarten. We used to play a lot. We also talked a lot. We got punished once in kindergarten because we talked quite loudly behind the class.

However he and I managed to went to the same primary school. We went to different classes, but remained friends nonetheless.

He was always like my buddy. We were together until Primary 6. We sat next to each other during primary 6.

I remembered I used to like him because of the comfort, the familiarity. We used to exchange notes on this artiste and that, and we used to talk crap. I used to call him the ’sissy boy’.

He always looked out for me and I was grateful that he was my friend when everyone else looked down on me. I was a rebellious student to begin with. It was such humiliation.
But nonetheless, we remained close friends.

The teasing began. People were pairing us up to be together. We ignored them.
Some other girl started to get jealous of me because we liked the same boy.

We started to had bIt*h fights, but imagine it to be the primary school version.

And so we left…and met again…

And after primary 6, we left that nice, homely school of ours to go to separate single sex schools.

Him and I didn’t see each other until when we were 15. He happened to came to the same Bahasa Malaysia tuition as mine. My heart dropped when I saw him. Perhaps we were fated after all to meet each other again.

The familiar teasing resumed. We were like old times. Funnily enough my heart strings started to tug at that time.
Rumours spread like wild fire. The next thing you know, the people in his school started to know who I am.
I don’t even know them!!!

We remained cool, we remained friends. Might not be the best of friends, but still candid and cordial at most times.

Time to move on…

It was the night before I was scheduled to leave Sydney.
We chatted on ICQ ( yes it was the hot thing then!! ) and asked about each other’s love lives.

Sab:” So, did you like me before??”
Him:” Yes, a very long time ago..what about you-me?”

Sab hesitates

Sab: ” Well I did..when in primary school..”
Him:” REALLY??!! I have heard a different version of it though!!”
Sab (with an astonished look, but staring at the computer screen):” Huh?! What versions?!”
Him: yadda yadda yadda…
Sab:” Oooo..really?!” ( plays dumb)

But at the end of the conversation, we were glad we got it sorted out.
He was a good friend. And I shall always keep that memory of him being a good friend.

What about now?


When I looked back, I laughed at our innocence. I am amazed that we have come this far.
Perhaps we don’t talk to each other as we should be, but he was part of my growing up chapter.
I have moved on ever since. ( of course!)
In fact I have met with more complicated situations than this. It is, after all, a puppy love.
I am glad that I met this ‘puppy’
At least he did leave a positive footprint in my life…:D

2 Comments »
The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://sabrinawstan.blogsome.com/2005/09/23/first-love/trackback/

Sabby

Throughout our lives

We are sent precious souls

Meant to share our journey.

However brief or long lasting their stay

They remind us why we are here.:)

Comment by sweetspirit — September 23, 2005 @ 7:36 am

Ah, Sab, you really opened UP didn’t you. I wonder if these writings are going into making up some chapters in your Romance? novel. Sweets inspired my Puppy Luv post, now you’ve caught the fever. If Saturday proves too daunting, I’m going to “steal” tis I-opening episode of your FirstLuve, caN! (that’s just a rhetorical Q!). I 4 Nostalgia and Challengia are in bed 2gether. GIB indeed, if you need to ask what GIB means, seek out Primrose garden…:) Challengia.

Comment by ylchong — September 23, 2005 @ 8:37 am


DESIDERATA: I don't understand how my own comment lands up on the frontpage of my own latest posting. Malaysia, BolehLand indeed. NZ also Bolehland2! They reward you for "theft", just don't make it a fair habit.

If I'm arrested, I swear "I'd tell the 'hole tooth, nothin' but the tooth, so Help me Sweets."

PRE-POST:

If Steven Spielberg can have Prequel, there is no reAson why Desi cannot have a Pre-Post, yes? I'm hoping at least SE7EN of mGf each posts ONE FirstLuv Story, starting with hardworking Sabrina (Hopefully Yan's BoyNextDoor is calling!), I can take a deserved SE7EN-DAY hiatus from Blogging on his own stewpid poses. Then on the EightDay he will rsie again in line with brudder Imran's Time2Rise motto, and if Desi sees any CAN to do an MIA, he'll do another disappearing act like that... who? Remember David Copperfield?... ask him to make the 'hole blogosphere vanish into the Ozone hole. It's getting' bloody warmer, and warmer in Seremban, and someone from NZ gave Desi a Warmer which is suitable for a birdday present for a September Child...he put it into a warmer and started a fire which made the hole world even warmer ...ad nauseum ... thus Ends the Never-ending LuvStory II.

Added on at 2.45AM as a Pre-Thought.



Herman's Hermits

(Lyrics by Gerry Goffin / Carole King)

Woke up this mornin' feelin' fine
There's somethin' special on my mind
Last night I met a new girl in the neighbourhood, whoa yeah

Somethin' tells me I'm into something good
(Somethin' tells me I'm into somethin')

She's the kind of girl who's not too shy
And I can tell I'm her kind of guy
She danced close to me like I hoped she would
(she danced with me like I hoped she would)
Somethin' tells me I'm into something good
(Somethin' tells me I'm into somethin')
We only danced for a minute or two
But then she stuck close to me the whole night through
Can I be fallin' in love
She's everthing I've been dreamin' of
She's everthing I've been dreamin' of
I walked her home and she held my hand
I knew it couldn't be just a one-night stand
So I asked to see her next week and she told me I could
(I asked to see her and she told me I could)
Somethin' tells me I'm into something good
(Somethin' tells me I'm into somethin')
(Somethin' tells me I'm into somethin', ahhh)
I walked her home and she held my hand
I knew it couldn't be just a one-night stand
So I asked to see her next week and she told me I could
(I asked to see her and she told me I could)
Somethin' tells me I'm into something good
(somethin' tells me I'm into somethin')
Somethin' tells me I'm into something good
(somethin' tells me I'm into somethin')
To something good, oh yeah, something good
(somethin' tells me I'm into somethin')
To something good, something good, something good

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chong y l said...

So my EsteemedReaders, GO click on the TWO spam queens promising us our RM20MILLION go=al, steal remember?

Hey, it's about SE7EN more days to go before September ends. Make hay while the sunshines; even at sunset, you can still play Poker, and MAKE MONEY ANYTIME, in the still of the nite is best, no one knows.

See, I'm giving potential members HINTS on fund-raising for spiritedestination.:)

sweetspirits said...

no way Desi
I don't gamble
cheerz

chong y l said...

Ooops, yeah, now I remember
Oz guys&gals dont gamble
they gambol round theBaBiQ
doin' Waltzing Matlda whathaveyou!

Chinoseie like Desi game-able
'ven on a toss of 3-sided coin
ne'er make a Chinaman a treAsurer
he makes off with $ and game nite-to-morn

PS: Desi no know gamble1
Poke, poke=r Russian Sparrows won
During' Cold War days tried to be I-Spy
No winning wayz, no leArn, no try.