My Anthem

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Or, is it love?

First Love continues ...

By a journalist making a Special Guest Appearance
YAN of yancorner.blogspot.com,
who always keeps her word
mGf SE7EN on Desi's list because she ask'd me to tell.
I had to oblige -- can't say NO when Yan's not just obliging, but also caring&sharing, can EyE?


"***I wrote these two paragraphs in the second entry of my blog titled “Seeing with your heart” on 16th February this year.

The mentor of my formative years introduced me into the inspiring works of Fanny J. Crosby. They included “Blessed Assurance” and “All the way my Saviour leads me”.

What’s so special about Fanny? My mentor said she “saw” with her heart. She was blind from the age of six weeks. How could she “see” the world and write such beautiful songs? She used her heart to see God’s creation. I believe Fanny saw with her heart. Therefore, she had the inspiration to pen over eight thousand gospel songs in her lifetime filled with praise, thanksgiving and trust in God.

Did I really consider him as a mentor only? Or were there some feelings attached?

He was my English teacher when I was in Form 4. He was also the teacher who stayed two houses away from my house. The boy next door played guitar and songs of Bee Gees on a spinning machine for me, the teacher two houses away taught me to “see with my heart”.

Though in Form 4, I was only 14 then. At 5, I went to Primary one. During those old days, we were allowed to go to school early.

He came from India. Yes, an Indian. I could not utter a word of English when he took over our class. Writing essay was then a pain too. Because he stayed just next door, he invited me to his house to borrow books to read. He then suggested that I write to him like the way readers write to “Dear Aries” column and he would answer my problems and at the same time correct my English.

So, we kept an exercise book, that 120-page with flower cover type. I wrote to the teacher. Very often, it was those worries of young girl, most of these worries were probably just imaginary ones. He then replied my letters, addressed the problems, and corrected the English. I enjoyed his words – full of wisdom and encouragement.

Every Saturday morning, I and some other classmates lingered in his house reading books. It was when I started reading Sherlock Holmes books one after another when other classmates were reading the Mills and Boon romance stories. I enjoyed his presence. I thought it was a place like home – warm and fuzzy feeling.

Then one day he went back to India during school holidays. When he came back, he brought a bride with him. My world collapsed, dreams shattered. But, I continued to go to his house on Saturday mornings together with other classmates. This time, beside reading books, we were made to eat all the “awful” Indian food made by his Indian wife ….

He went back to India a few years later. The old classmates have wanted to invite him back during our re-union gathering five years ago. He did not make it. This year, we are going to have another re-union gathering, will he come?
****"

To Love Somebody

Lyrics: Bee Gees


There's a light
A certain kind of light
That never shone on me
I want my life to be lived with you
Lived with you
There's a way everybody say
To do each and every little thing
But what does it bring
If i ain't got you, ain't got ?
You don't know what it's like, baby
You don't know what it's like


To love somebody
To love somebody

To love somebody
The way i love you


In my brain
I see your face again
I know my frame of mind
You ain't got to be so blind
And i'm blind, so very blind
I'm a man, can't you see
What i am
I live and breathe for you
But what good does it do
If i ain't got you, ain't got ?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chong y l said...

TO ALL MY ESTEEMED READERS


GOoD DAY, GOD's Day to thee, wherever you are:

JUST as fair Sab and Caring YAN have shared their FIRSTLuv stories with you, I hope you can also shAre your own, bitter-sweet or just chocolaty or strawberyy flavoured lollipoppy L'VEly TAiLe with US.

US are all potential citizens of that world at spiritedestination where we look out for each other, we care and share, and where finally you will find at least ONE SOULMATE because spirited people will inherently GOoD soulMates make!:)


So, WELLcome and ENjoy!:):):):):):):)

Sabrina Tan said...

hey desi

also wanna promote my INTEGRITY series at my place...
hope that more esteemed readers/writers are going to send me more essays!! please go! go promote!
i promise that it will be a very enriching experience..;)
if not, money back guarantee..hehe..

chong y l said...

Sab:

Carefool makin promises you can't keep.

My class is RM20M, and M can stand for MoneyBack gurantee or Million. I've learnt a thingy or 2 after the recent MCA Upouth elections -- their no. 2 thougt us how to become a billionaire by 27 -- me, I only want dat RM20M, alruistic summore ... for OUR I-LAND, not 4myself!


Okay: Promo for Sabrina for her wits-taker chocs>>>>>>>

(1) I've dropped PERSONAL INVITES at kyels, Imran & Ssssspirit; now going afield

>>>>>>
(2) HOWSY, Broringest, Moses, hj angus, ah - TIGER, err in broaddaylight!
Primroses still H20-ing her gardnern ...
Fasionasia still at the Milan fsahion gala ...

(3) I thought about the following, but 2nd thots cos:

>>>>>>>YAN has shared her FirstLuv Xperience with us, and I normally am NOT that Postman who always rings tHRice!

Okay, this copy-writer EXTENDS AN OPEN INVITE to ALL OUR ESTEEMEDREADERS to
'rite on INteGRITy ...and Email to:

sabrinawstan@hotmail.com...


she promises sum hot Choc, wits- taker brand:)


Desi extends with a helpin hand, TehTarik, hari-hari does it!

Anonymous said...

yeS yES Yes YeS YEs yEs YES!!!!!!!!
hahaha

Sabrina Tan said...

hahaha...!!!
cheerz Desi!!
okie, 2nd bar of choc for u..or would u prefer Penang food?? heheh..

*silently hope you'll opt for the latter...so that my parents can pay..muahahahahahahahahahahaha*
just kidding...:D
cheerz!!!

chong y l said...

choconicko:

SE7EN YES-asses! WoW, a promise of Chocs, by such coincidence fronting thy nick, has pullling power.

Thanks 7X.

Now big Sis Sabrina has an OPEN INVITE == why don't choconicko -- is nicko some sort of Japanese brand name? Wits-taker Chocs is my fav brand, but I digress.

Back to INVITE -- write on INTEGRITY -- like what it means to you as a secondary school student -- I assume you're one, right -- NOT yet in Kindie, that's for Adults! == and send to Sab who promises Whittaker chocs -- PERSUADE her to send by a CONTAINERfool and then your classmates and you can have a RealParty!:)

See Sab, don't say I did not promote your INTEGRITY values, even among I.Cowws!:) Desi took the liberty of offering the Chocs on thy behalf, just an inducement, not bribery, so it's NOT against this concept called INTEGRITY!

chong y l said...

Sab:

Penang chow keoy teow also can, but my I.Cowws over in Sabah/Sarawak are fed by the CONTAINER-load, are you sure you can afford IT!

No, we'll settle for a small 1-100th TEU container of wits-robber Chocs!

Primrose said...

First love story eh? Write on integrity eh? Hmmm... used to write lots of stories and essays for 1119 exams those days when 1119 was one of the hardest papers. Now...absorbed into the Malaysian education system and the standard dropped by more than 7 notches. Can't write no essays no more. *winks*

chong y l said...

Prim(E)rose:

"Can't write no essays no more ",
that sounds like a CowGal's line, and since you oversee IgnorantCows mayhaps, some DITTY using cowboys lingo on 1stluv OR inTEgritY also-can-lah!

No 119-lah, it's 991 call man...
(man refers to desi, call came from Sab all the way from NZ, she's like thee, the Generous1, offering nicko Chocs by Container-load for the rites, I got taken by wits-taker brand tho...I enoy this digrees; digest?)

by SE7EN notches -- there's sum salvation yet, read today (Wednesday's Child choconicko-cum-desi's ignorance shines UP there!) ...

PS: From Desi's Place, three tehtariks And Cheerz to Primrose who recently celeb her going of age birthday ... joining two other GOoD Septem-ber boys BD in young I.Cow from Sarawak Christopher who 'rites at Mum's yan's corner, and Len earlier.

chong y l said...

OOoops, this I.Cow suffers from memory loop -- Birthday I.Cow from Sarawak is 15-year-old RACHEL, another Malaysian Idol-to-B down Desi'Way. Maaf, ia!

Chris is the brother who writes over the weekends to lighten his Mum's load ..Good practice for a lawyer-designate:)

Yan: Deduct a token sum from Desi's allowance (you're Aloud to do dat!) to buy some Chocs for Rachel, Chris and Choconicko at Catsville --- those kuching go for chocs, not mouse-y because that mous-s run faster than cats...)