My Anthem

Saturday, September 03, 2005

September Morn A Year Ago

STARTING yesterday, it's been for this SCRIBE a postal mood of nostalgia,random thoughts, and wanderings. The preceding week has seen Desi through deep involvement with some fellow Bloggers in reflecting on the nation's problems, issues and challenges -- and the picture is NOT one of optimism, Yes, there is HOPE yet. Desi has urged mGf to look for those silver linings behind the clouds. We must have faith. We must persevere, for MALAYSIA IS OUR LAND.

Today DESIDERATA confides wit his EsteemedReaders that there are two months in a year which are of special significance to Desiderata. One is May -- from moment to moment, as poets become especially romantic, prolific, productive?

Then September, and yesterday begins a cycle of another 30 days of remembrance, of days gone by, of nostalgia, of Paris in the Spring Time?

I won't say much more but intimate to dear Readers if there is a month during which My Wish would come true, it's that September will ne'er leave me again. I would like to be warmed up for the Supreme Ecstasy, I wonder myself if My Wish will come true?

Do you remember what was an important event that was of significance this day exactly a year ago?


FORMER DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER Saudara ANWAR IBRAHIM was released from prison after serving six years on corruption charges, which he later appealed to ahave the case reviewed for a possible vindication. He was not successful. But he later won a moral victory of sorts when a High Court found the writer (and his wife) guilty of defamation for writing the book "Fifty Reasons Why Anwar Ibrahim Cannot Be Prime Minister".(Which had triggered his quick fall from Grace, but that's another phase in the nation's history we all know very well, but few truly could fathom and understand.) Just for the record, the court also awarded damages totally RM4.5million to the politician now on a comeback trail.

Significannt because for Desiderata, this was a man who had struggled to obtain his freedom against many odds and many hurdles. This is LIFE. Man Proposes, God Disposes, remember? Should you stumble and fall, there is a LESSON here to learn from a fellow Malaysian who rose to almost the hihest peak possible in national office on Malaysian shore, but made to fall flat on his face, not really of his own doing, but for the frailties of other Malaysians.

May be be protected from such vile fellow Homo sapiens and viler circumstances, and the vilest of all, Man's Inhumanity to Man. Save us from such similar tribulations.


I: i
S: say
A: amen.


Greetings to Saudara Anwar Ibrahim and family for a Blessed Future..





Neil Diamond Lyrics


September Morn


Stay for just a while
Stay and let me look at you
It's been so long, I hardly knew you
Standing in the door

Stay with me a while
I only wanna talk to you
We've traveled halfway 'round the world
To find ourselves again


September morn
We danced until the night
Became a brand new day
Two lovers playing scenes
From some romantic play
September morning
Still can make me feel that way

Look at what you've done
Why, you've become a grown-up girl
I still can hear you crying
In a corner of your room
And look how far we've come
So far from where we used to be
But not so far that we've forgotten
How it was before


September morn
Do you remember
How we danced that night away
Two lovers playing scenes
From some romantic play
September morning
Still can make me feel that way

September morn
We danced until the night
Became a brand new day
Two lovers playing scenes
From some romantic play
September morning
Still can make me feel that way


September morn
We danced until the night
Became a brand new day
Two lovers playing scenes
From some romantic play
September morning
Still can make me feel that way
September morning
Still can make me feel that way



TODAY IN HISTORY IS ALSO A DAY OF HOPE AND LAUGHTER FOR DESIDERATA
-- THE WRITER, and mayhaps, the POET-ASPIRANT in him (see, I don't kNOw why, I'm using the THIRD PERSON -- because we (that means all myGOodfRiends) are still much alive and kicking, having just celebrated OUR JOINT 48TH BIRTHDAY!


Now get back to a MORE ENJOYABLE pastime, to THAT CHALLENGE 4, which continues with more C(G)LUES ...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sabrina Tan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Desi,

You are in a nostalgic mood today eh?

But nice post anyway and it's great that Anwar Ibrahim fought and struggled for his freedom.

Behind every failure there is always a success behind it.

That is what I believe.

Cheers!

chong y l said...

To author of comment "deleted" there ... no worries-lah, Bro Mack is NOT checking in whether commentators are behavingthemselves -- are postings knotty or not, or saying proFUNitiy, cos we are all civilised one!

Or you have that 'RITE ANSWER to CHALLENGE 4?

Mystified.

chong y l said...

kyels:

nostalgia is sometimes more mystifying than kyels philosophy1 == esp Try to Remember
My kind of September...

Wat about trying that Challenge 4 -- don't relax the brain cells too much, I know you overworked some doing that Essay. Thanks again.

ENJOY, whatever you do -- philosophise or nostalgia-rising ... is there such a WORD, Moses, where art thou -- long time no 'ear!

sweetspirits said...

Hi Bro
Im almost brain dead my week has been too hectic,,, has it n e thing to do with kindred spirits,,, maybe im lost in the fantasy island ,,or is it fantasy island haha. Okz im way too tired .I must say a refreshing post, makes me recall

We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, "Why did this happen to me?" unless we ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way. ~Author Unknown

tcz

chong y l said...

Hi SssssSpirit:

I kNOw you're tired, that's like before: u sent 3X the same Wring Answer! NOW you're repeating youself -- if you do ofTEN 'nuff, you may get the Right Answer to that Fantsay I-Land!

You to Zzzzzzland, wake up afresh, kindred spirit,
then try to remember
YLChong was that "unknown author"
Before you knew this Desiderata
Full of TehSi and full or Errata!
(I almost slip'ed - Erotika, but BroMack censored it!)

SeYa agin tomorrow.
And ask Sab to come back == she's always finding solace in the Perthian Haze. Des's Amazed.

Anonymous said...

Desi,

My brain is completely dead. Nevertheless am still trying to figure out the clues. Huh.

sweetspirits said...

hi Kyels
I give up tsk tsk shame hehe... I will leave to you guys my brain has overload n lack of sleep,,thats my excuse ,as the saying goes n e excuse is better than none,cheers gal tcz

chong y l said...

kyels & SsssssSpirit:

Don't give up Nyet.

Tomorrow's day to bet

Answer 1, 2 and 3

It's a Combo, could be Desi

SssssSpirit & Me!

We have ruled out KyelsSab

or Sabkyels, that's mere wild stab

Fall back on Desi and SS, that's swell

But absorb other clues as well!

"ENJOY" 18X -- wat's that?

No. of letters in that Nama?

Yeh, at a drop of a hat

We've arrived, oh Mama, oh Papa.