My Anthem

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Again, It's Adieu, Not GoodBye!

kyels, one of mGf in the plural, and regular conversationists here, wrote that the NAME arrived at by gritty nitty Primrose -- how appropriate in the field of springtime blooms! Challengee for OUR I-LAND -- spiritedestination -- is "awesome". I like her description, apt and crisp.

Yes, the name is awesome, cos it was an INSpiraTION thingy, thanks to the "commonest" nick budded, bloomed and flowered in our cyber gardens, SssssSpirit, who at this moment=to=moment, is taking a "long" (living to her co-inspirator's NAME)hiatus.

I didn't realise that mGf from Down Under was "serious" until she responded to one of my comments when I visited her at http://sweetspirits.blogspot.com. But today, I'll remind her again, "hiatus" means just that "a break" from blogging, we take you for your word you'll be back. "Again" was because several weeks back, she said in one post she was planning to "close" down her blog altogether. Many fRiends urged her, including Desi, just to take that "hiatus" and come back, refreshed and re-energised. I too reiterate the call today, take that break -- yes, GO BREAK A LEG! -- come back, renewed and rasing to go, like my "horse wind".

Spring has just dawned on these Lucky OZ folks, and by extension also NZ (where allgrownup Sabrina dwells, and swells), the younger sister or brother -- in 21st century, the lad' doesn't know whether it's mail or femail, neither does Desi!:).

It's easy1 to write today's post because it's written from the deepest wells of my heART, which combines two luvly words, he and ART -- see, even on a Monday , Desiderata wants to impose his bloody Ingerris tuition on us.

Another reason it's easy2 is that I'm resorting to CUT&PASTE, just wait&4!

From SweetSpirits':

""**Tuesday, August 30, 2005

We Dont Say Goodbye

For the past 23 months i have read blogs ,been addicted to blogs, made some gr8 blog friends.
But like everything in life all things come to and end , i've done my time in blogland and its been
good its been sad its been bad at times ,there has been laughter and tears throughout the almost two years.So i never say goodbye but i shall say take care :) Now i must go email a special friend whom i have neglected.
cheerz tcz

posted by sweetspirits @ 9:41 PM **""

Some comments that followed:

"""***
letti said...
sweetie!!!! i can't believe this..but I guess there is a time to move on to other things. I just hope you'll be in touch and my thoughts are with you.

8:34 AM


sweetspirit said...
Hi sweety of course i'll be in touch n log by, it is the first of spring over here and i just bought a car like the one on my blog,i pick it up at 4pm yay.Maybe i will blog again in winter when i hibernate hehe,,,
cheerz gal ill log by
hugs tcz

10:26 AM


Broken Hearted said...
Hey Sweet,

Great to hear that you bought your car already. That's awesome.

As for moving on, it's hard but I guess all of us have to move on right.

I've been having a few probs in moving on because I just can't but... Am trying now.

Take care and huggies for you!!

Cheers!

5:13 PM


sweetspirit said...
Hi Kyels
Yeah moving on is hard ,but sometimes we just have to and no matter how long it takes eventually one will arrive at the next door or next stage in life..
huggies n cheerio gal mail me anytime
tcz

10:42 PM


desiderata said...
We don't say goodbye? (I kNOw about the car-buy) And wat's this Moving On...art thou serious SssssSpirit?

I peekd by but there has been NO updates at this Blog -- then I realise You're Serious!

Anyway, Glod Be With Thee wherever you are
Always miss your Hi-spirits -- in fact, come to Desi's Place early Sunday morn (less than 1/2 day from now) and you'll 4 (for see!) I've dedicated somethin to thee!

It's just adieu, NOT goodbye...

9:49 PM


Broken Hearted said...
Sweet,

But I don't know your email address. And would love to email you though. Can I have your add?

Sometimes it's really hard to move on. Really, really hard. Hmmm..

Thanks. *hugs*

10:49 PM


sweetspirit said...
Hi Desi
Yeah im serious no blogging for me but reading blogs i shall do.I really feel its time to move on and it feels good of course its not easy.
Spirited destination kewl ,maybe we'll meet there oneday Insya Allah '
My God be with Thee always
adieu tcz

1:57 PM


sweetspirit said...
Hi Kyels
Yes indeed moving on can be very hard ,but it is also normal to find it hard to move on from something to of which has played a significant part of our lives .Email me anytime i am online almost everyday doing something .
sssssspirit@hotmail.com if u wanna chat n e time and use im just add me.
Cheerz girl n tcz
huggies 2 u

2:02 PM


desiderata said...
SssssSpirit:

I know you enjoy song and dance.
So as you ove on, I want to remind you of this "Liverpool
anthem":

When Sab worte on FAITH RALLY...I "borrowed" if off her. Also I do have faith. My faith in the Almighty.
Who makes the Stars and the Moons and the Earth.
Who oversees human behaviour and oversights the governance of Man on Earth.
Who rules our Day, our Night.
Wo makes me wonder
As a Child, as an Adult, and as the Me-in-the-Future.

I just know because I have Faith--
I’ll Never Be Alone.

So SssssSpirit:

You'll Never Walk Alone


When you walk through a storm,
Hold your head up high,
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm,
There's a golden sky,
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown..
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone.......
You'll never walk alone.


(Richard Rodgers (1902-1979) – music, Oscar Hammerstein II(1895-1960) – lyrics)

PS: pls continue to "log" by at Desi's, kyels, sab's so we can continue our home-y chats and to remind each other, We'll never walk alone.

10:55 PM


sweetspirit said...
Hi Desi
Thank you :)
I am sure you are aware that i have faith in God and in my life time i have lost many things but never lost faith ,for i know that God has been
with me in my darkest hour and my happy hour actually his been with me all along :) and he will never leave me as i shall never leave him.
So i never walk alone as God is my guide.Thank you again for your comment and for making me feel at home at your blog, it can be my cyber home .You know your blog is a comfort to many bcoz you relate to others and i thank you for taking the time reply to my comments .

So tcz my friend and i will be there at your blog often.
cheerio

10:59 AM ***"""


DESIDERATA ends, with some saulty H2O flowing somewhere?, with this short message: "SssssSpitit -- The piping-hot (like thee?) teh tarik from Haridas is waiting her for thee, Hari Hari does it!"EasyDoesIt3!!!

Also, REP:RISING:


It's just adieu

I miss you so, my friend
A daily diet of AM
now is denied me

I miss the invigoration
The quality words
the beautiful lines

I hope AMigo
I'll see your face again
Smiling to greet me at early morn

I drank of your wine, made of
Grapes of soothing rhyme
Songs of knowledge sublime

But you said it's time
To ring down the curtain
As the money has run dry

I wish I could write out
A cheque for a million
To make you AM stay

I pray it's just adieu
And not goodbye.



Copyright YLChong©2005

16 comments:

Dangerous Variable said...

Farewell, doesn't it mean goodbye? Then again, adieu? What the heck, see you later...

We always have farewell parties for people who are going off to someplace but then they will more often come back.

chong y l said...

testing only...

don't know why when I tested access via PPS: advised that pop up closed access to this Blog...???

chong y l said...

Dangerous V.

Thanks for eraly response -- your post crossed path as I was posting up the Test Message. Thanks2 for the relief, I was a li'l worrried spirits lifting raeders such as thee can't reach Desi and may think I'm also MOVING ON...

No worries, I'm still here serving piping hot TTarik as a sort of "Adios" -- NOT fare thee well -- party...for SS...on our spanking new, prim and rosey, A&Awesome ..................spiritedestination!

chong y l said...

iNATION!

sweetspirits said...

Hi Desi ty
There will be no time to miss me, i shall be here nagging you as always :).
Have a gr8 day my friend n tcz

Sabrina Tan said...

hey ssspirits...

sorry to have missed all the conversations above.
it's sad to see you go, cos i've only known you recently...but if you believe that this is the better choice, then move on it shall be and have fun doing other things :)
do drop by our places often ( esp now with the new home of mine..heheh) and we shall offer thee a teh tarik...or Merlot, which one you prefer...
and may God bless you richly...hopefully will see you in your bloggin mode some time soon :D

cheers matey!

Anonymous said...

Desi,

Missing Sssssspirit so much. Hmmm. But am sure she will be here nagging you.. Tsk. Hehehe.

Well, glad that you've composed a Farewell song to her.

Yup, "awesome" is the word for the new name of our I-Land. Lo and behold. Hehe.

chong y l said...

Hi SssssspiriT:

Grrrrrr...8 to hear thy Voice again -- if you nag me, I shall greet thee with a Grrrrrr...owl, like tigers do.

(Just now at Desi's I heard some crying, I opened the golden gate, saw twas kyels shedding salty H20, and that's serious. She was missing you,Sweets, so I will entertain even your nags, just make it short and sweet!;)

If you make it long & fierce, I'll descend (some protesteth that I ascend) into olde Ingerris like I takut lu, I tak dengah stengah whatUsay! (seek bro Im, gone MIA again! or sis Sab's translation! I hear Sab wanders into the Perthian springtime showers often - vitim of Nostalgia - I hear the Haze has gone!)

Right hear IN, Left 'ear OUT! Sama computer lingo tau -- giGO!

Nah, it's nothin' OBscene like gigolo or watgolo ... just so that there is NO MisSunderstanding, it's "Garbage In, Garbage Out", so OZ lad' like Sweets can't accuse me of committing proFUNity at spiritedestination, we're very civilised there!

SS, Adieu,
Be seeing you.

chong y l said...

Sab:

I also want Merlot -- isit some NZ wonder I haven't tasted Down Under. I did merlion, mermaid, merMUR! or shafts, I overdid myself, and you're talkong to Sweets. How rude of this hostess!

Sab, maybe I'll go on Hiatus for a few months, enjoy springtime in Paris on the Riber Rhine where damamemoseilles don't nag, and the gomen don't gag, and Desi wont sag -- I really what the last means, just wanted to rhyme!

WoW, Sab, I like your new home -- is that in Perth or still at Dunedin ? -- I want to make sure in case Sweets goes hibernating there comes Winter.

Nag, gag, sag>>>HAG! I didn't say that, it's the Bard acting up.

chong y l said...

kyels:

The "farewell" song also CUT&PASTE one! I told you it's was EASY4!

Maybe that's the next Challenge 5, guess what does AM stand for, give the best RAT-ionale, mosey1 also can! -- what the F/H (pick1! can of getting it right is so-so, meaning 50-50, 4see?) is Desi talkong about -- overdozed on HariDas' TT!

kyels, here, take some tissue, don't go philosophical no more cos OZ fRen wants to nag, gag, hag thee after me is gonna Bungkus, or isit Bonkers!

Hey kyels&SssssSpirit: "Jumpa lagi":):) -- what does "Insya-Allah" mean?

Anonymous said...

Insya-Allah.. Hmm.. Wait.. I think it means "hopefully".

Cheers!

Sabrina Tan said...

Insya Allah-- I think more correctly put is "God Willing"

Desi: Thy new abode is my dream place...not in NZ nor Aus...
Perhaps make a guess?

Merlot, I shall give thee...
And may thee enjoy it fully
What shall we toast to
The spring, the abode or the adieu?

sweetspirits said...

Hi Desi
Yes Sab is correct Insya Allah means God Willing.

So Desi was in a happy mood last night, teasing as always hehe.
I promise not to nag too much hehe.
Okz Desi im off to say hi to Sab n Kyels i shall be back later cheerz

sweetspirits said...

Where art thou Desi
tsk tsk no new post ooops im nagging, well i am off to do some cleaning.
Btw instead of blogging i am selling things on ebay :) and it is time consuming but its all good .
cheers tcz

chong y l said...

Hi Sab & Kyels:

I was just testing SssssSpirit in her Bahasa Malaysia lessons when I asked about Insya-Allah ...I was subtly 'Rebranding" SS for on SpiriteDestination, theofficail lingo is a fuuny mix of OZ, BM and Ingerrr...rrris. The most conversant in those 3 lingo will rule the I-LAND for a year, plus 1 more year for performance, subject to Desi's preparedness to relinguish the post (4, I've learnt from the BN ppl!) ...hehehe HAHaHa .. .

SssssSpirit: Today's post was delayed becos I planned for GOoDNewsweek from tomorrow, but Stark (naked? that may be profane in Mcak's vocab, so I refrain!) Reality dictates I go direct-in-the-Face off with the Issue ...check this out an hour from now, it's reading 10,00am here now.

chong y l said...

PS: to the 3Masketeers?:

Marketeers?

OR biting ones, Moskuitoes!

kyels sells the I-LAND membership;

now Sweets is selling on Ebay;

Sab is selling her Romance No(?)-vel.

Hey, Sweets, see if you can get RM20million for desiderata2000 on eBay? OK, bargainable to RM19.99million also can1! We can raise the balance RM0.01million, which is equal to RM10,000 which between us, is sap-sap-sui-leh!!!!:):);):)

Insya-Allah, I get up that "depressing" post by 11.30am, another 1/2 hr more lingering here
kay=pohing with 3Impossibles...Okz, 3 TTarik to thee:)

Wondering aloud where is Primrose after she gotaway with R-o-m-a-n-c-e -- Sab, check her out for some input for thy R=Nobel!