My Anthem

Sunday, September 04, 2005

THE ANSWER to CHALLENGE 4 IS: ..................!

spiritedestination!

SpiriteDestination!


And the WINNER OF THE BOOKER PRIZE is:

PRIMROSE!

Congrtas! Congrats!! Congrats!!! Congrats!!!! Congrats!!!!! Congrats!!!!!! CONGRATS SEVEN TIMES!

as SEVEN is also Primroses' fave number!!!!!!
This Esteemed Reader showed lots of grit and gumption. She truly represents the MODERN MALAYSIAN GAL.

Believe It or Not! primROSE spent more than an hour -- like 75 minutes from10.45pm last night trying to arrive at the final DESTINATION, landing at OUR I-LAND! She complained towards the closing she in fact had spent the better part of Saturdy sribbling on tonnes of paper (could have gone into making another romance novel!) jotting down the potential answers. TRUE GRIT.

Give PrimRose SEVEN ENCORES as the Challengee who kept the Challenger on his toes for an interesting ding-dong CONVERSE, taking Desi till about 15 miutes past MidNight!



THE RAT-IONALE (c)YLCHONG

A Mousey One also can, Desi has avowed!


BACKGROUND



The Clues lie within this Poem © YLChong composed on August 24, 2005 at 8.58p.m.

CHALLENGE 4

A combo from Mark Twain
dissected-nick
Commonest yet chick
To attain that Utopia
Maybe MALAUSTRAYSIA?
Perhaps not, just a trick
Mayhaps
Song Of A Roaring
Itching Nitching Geek
To Our Final ‘hore
Can’t give more .


A COUPLET POEM IS GIVEN BELOW
to the First Poem,
Giving DIRECT CLUES to Glue the Jigsaw puzzle TOGETHER!


********Me and SS are two of a kind
We help each other to raise RM20million
For that OUR I-ISLAND
She in OZ, me in Msia
No MalAustralysia, no AustraMalia
The COMBO has to reach a final place
A bit dissect-ed, still rising,
Up.Up & Away!********



Dear EsteemedReaders esp ThePlayers:
I'm piecing the clues together line by line from the initial POEM -- here we go!

(1)A combo -- COMBINATION>> combing from ...
(2)Mark Twain -- duo, twin, >>two ...
(3)dissected nick -- broken up,or separated, but notice "ed" is in italics,>> may or may not have some "significance" ...
(4)nick -- short for >>nickname
(5)Commonnest yet chick -- >>Desiderata & SweetSpirit; could be Sabrina and kyels
(6)To attain that Utopia -- Utopia suggests Heavenly Place, Paradise, >>Final Place of Rest of Human Longing
(7) Maybe MALAUSTRAYSIA? -- This was explored as a possible NAME when Desi proposed the merger of two countries to form a >>new Country/Nation
(8)Perhaps not, just a trick -- first Red-Herring ...
(9)Mayhaps -- a word coined by Desi (using Poetic Licence) which is a combo of "maybe" and "pethaps" ... >>may or may not be useful as a clue, I dunno...
(10)Song Of A Roaring
Itching Nitching Geek
-- Notice each word starts with a CAPITAL letter (Upper Case?), hence >>S-O-A-R-I-N-G ...always associated with Spirit/s, as in Soaring spirit/s
(11)To Our Final 'hore -- The Capitals in the first 3 words are to MIS-LEAD (Second Red Herring); the (')Apostrophe can mean the 4th word is Whore or >>Shore...>> destiNATION
(12)Can't give more ... means exactly what it says. Desiderata believs that the IQ of his EsteemedReaders is soaringly high that within this Poem, there are ENOUGH CLUES for you to reach that NAME for OUR I-LAND!

REVIEW:

Taking all the above inferences, now aided by the COUPLET POEM, and the further HINTS sprinkled among the ROSE Garden, any Dr Watson should be able to conclude: those word in BOLD with the 12 points analysed, dissected, indeed point to the ANSWER, the OFFICIAL NAME FOR OUR I-LAND!

spiritedestination!

SpiriteDestination!





DESIDERATA
must apologise to Primrose when I also got "blur" last night -- I did NOT notice she had sent in HER RIGHT ANSWER among the many machine-gun ammo she was firing away, TIMED 8.37 am (translating to 11.37pm Malaysian time, i.e. a safe 23 minutes before deadline! SEVEN Congrats to a gritty gal after Desi's heArt! My Converse with her said she beat the deadline by seconds, which is now proven NOT CORRECT! (On trace back in my more sober moment, I verified she had beaten the deadline by a comfortable 23 minutes!)For the record, Primrose spent some 75 minutes, yes, one plus 1/4 hours!from 10.45pm last night doing the challenge. Dsi helped by sprinkling some roses of hints, and new clues, or glue, along the garden path.

WELL DONE, PRIMrose!

Add another SEVEN teh tariks, yes, from Haridas' wherelse, which we'll adjourn to at 11.59pm?!:);) for our PRIZE PRESENTATION! Hari Hari does it will do the honours!


By the way, primROSE enjoys R-o-M-a-N-c-E, which makes her a Bloody, Damn GOoD Winner of A CHALLENGE TO LOVE, a romance novel by Catherine De Costa, from Seremban.


SPECIAL REQUEST FROM DESI:


Now re-visit OUR MARATHON CONVERSE -- between Desi and Primrose, whoelse? -- don't get jealous! For the details, VOYEURS can turn back TIME and p-e-e-p at the COMMENTS of post CHALLENGE 4 - MORE C(G)LUES, of September 2, 2005.

ENJOY! (18 times, for a GOoD REASON………………)


NEXT, please visit PrimRose at her Garden where Roses and Other Flowers Bloom to give her Hugs&Kisses (Ladies only...:) and Hugs&Misses (Lads only ...;)

NEXT2, EsteemedReaders please give a Frank Critique on the way Desi has DESIGNED THE CHALLENGE.

RATE the design, not Desi! from this coring scale, so that Desi has an indea of where his I.Coww's IQ stands, or sits.

(A) Excellent

(B) Very Good

(C) GOoD

(D) Fair

(E) Teruk!


mGf -- myGOodfRiend in the plural -- would be entertained with a constant flow of TehTarik (MistyEiz, spiritedestination's official TehTarikGal! art thou ready?), and Desi has promised he will continue with his sunday's column, desiderata.english, because You Asked For It!


Desiderata now adjourns at 7.33am for that bourgeosie meal on spiritedestination -- now in the wilds of the minds, Yours and Mine -- with mGf in the plural for a singularly outstanding supper-cum-BF-cum-lunch -- nice COMBO of Continental, Oriental and OZ!!!!!!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sabrina Tan said...

CONGRATS TO PRIMROSE!!! man, she must have a lot of patience and diligence! yeay!!

Me offering thee teh tarik, though its more customary to have wine here in NZ...but not sure if you are underage..haha

Anyway, Desi...it's a pretty long name...but guess its with a significant meaning ;)

And the clues are a bit deep for me..hahah...perhaps i overanalysed

Congrats to both of u and the opening of Spiritedestination!

Primrose said...

Sab: Teh tarik satu, kurang manis! :)

Desi: Wow, you're up early! Ei, I really like to drink teh tarik and eat roti pisang.

Primrose said...

BTW Desi, how did you know I enjoy R-O-M-A-N-C-E?

sweetspirits said...

Congrats primrose
well last night i though of spirits des tiny island haha sounded self centred hehe, anyways no more challenges for this spirit , bcoz i have other challenges hehe. But of course i shall log by often.
enjoy ya day Deesi hehe
cheerz tcz

chong y l said...

Sab: too deep?

Yes, some of you OVER-Analysed!
Now you kNOw that sometimes the answer is right there in from of thy eyes!

Hey, I know you gave PrimRose hugs&kisses, BUTT you forgot about the Rating (a) to (E)!

Come back here, willya, exercise the brain cells on a Sundae!

chong y l said...

Orimrose:

Me early, I oversatyed the midnite,and my cells went "blur" keeping pace with you!

I had double number of TehTarik, CON BF and all, ate your Roti Pisang2! You ne'er showed up in Seremban! I kNOw we are not DEVELOPED as PJ/KL. yyou havetwo powerful ppl -- Semuanya OK and our former MB wat's his NAME: I:i S; say A; amen.
Hehehe...I've learnt to laugh like thee!

How do I NO about your Romantic leanings?

Hey, it's all there in YOUR OWN PROFILE -- Desi does not cook up Others' CV, I dare NOT, nanto not only TTarik bungkus, somethin' else2!!! Hahaha, I like this version of Blogger's lauff, more mail!!!!!!! 4: SEVEN E> marks, still in last night's midnite mood.................. 18 dots!

Now you need email me at: chongyl2000@yahoo.com so that I can gift thee that Romance novel, remember? Or you find your way to Hari Hari Does s It stall, only opens from 7.00pm, rests on Sundae, don't come down today! OR is today Saturday? I think I lost a 'hole day! HeheHaha! (now I'm acting in-betwen mail&femail...)

Knotty here, but everythin' goes at OUR spiritedestination, SweetSpirit, what says thee? Primrose, you kNOw how to sing that song alWAYS heard Up North, no, no, no, not North to Alaska!

It's Rose, Rose, I ....u!

chong y l said...

SweetSpirit:

When I "duet" with thy Nick, you can't take leave without telling where you're heading with thy NEW CHAR!

(pronounced CHAR to show a person who has ARRIVED ... so fitting, at OUR NEW I-LAND called spiritedestination.

SS: Do you like it? REALLY, really like it? Sab finds the wy leading there too deep. Of course, it's surrounded by sea! I-land, remember?

SS: kyels was also wandering where you're headed, North, South, E-W????

Or are we knotty P=E=E=Ping?:(

God Bless, wehrever you're drifting, like a Moon River...?

Reminds me of me, Huckleberry fRiend, Mark Twain's fRiend2!

See ya back in SpiriteDestination eh? Or you still prefer
"Spirits des tiny isle?" (SLIGHTly Changed island to isle to make it 18-letter!) -- We can table it for CONsideration at OUR FIRST AGM, OK, alongside Howsy's, Boringest's and many OTHERS' -- vely demokratik1 on OUR I-LAND!

chong y l said...

Oh yes, Primrose, you also declared:

"I am a forgetful little Primrose ..." now I see, though you don't.:)

Sabrina Tan said...

hey desi

since you are thy mentor, i'll give u an honest answer of (C)-- Good.
It's a good set of exerice to exercise one's brain, but the clues are a bit too mind boggling for us...but my hats off for Primrose for her diligence and her GRIT!
*3 cheers to Primrose!!*

But I wouldn't say that the clues are too bad either, bcos if it's too easy, the challenge would be too easily won, and nothing in life comes easy, fair to say??
Heheheh

Now, since it's between Aus and Msia, let's hope that tis' geographically strategic for me to visit when on hol! Hehehehe....

Desi or SSpirit, can one of you spare me an air ticket?? Or perhaps, mayhaps a ticket to Perth would suffice, and I would find my way to spiritedestination! Heheh...

Tata folks and have a blessed week!

sweetspirits said...

Well Desi

As long as it is all good things are allowed ;) , SpiriteDesiNation sounds good to me.
I take leave no way im still here ,just falling behind with my assignments bcoz of ur challenge hehe, see Kyels i am blaming Desi when in fact the truth is i just couldn't be bothered tsk tsk.
Actually i must learn to apply myself even at my age tsk tsk.

Truth is it seems there is not enough hours in oneday for me to do everything i must do ,i am and in overload :( .

Anonymous said...

Spiritedestination...

The name is bloody awesome. Hurrah!!!

Primrose, congrats to you!

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Everything is great!

Heheh. We have a new name and a new winner. Woot!

Somehow I got lost.. Bleargh.. Hehe.

Offering everyone a teh tarik!

Primrose said...

Gracefully accepts teh tarik (almost wrote teriak) from all! *beaming*

Yes Desi, will write to you to claim me R-O-M-A-N-C-E novel and silly me! Of course it was stated in my profile. Forgotten I had one. Heh!

chong y l said...

To Primrose:

Your R-o-m-a-n-c-e is floating thy way, Thursday is GOODie?;)

In case you've forgotten, one of my Ratings ask thee to grade my CHALLENGE DESIGN: (E) is Teruk, not "teriak"!
SeYa1!




Kyels:

AWEsome is apt and prim.

I'm replying to your msg after posting up Monday blu=sey "farewell", not it's Adieu, msg to SweeTSpirit -- can't write more, some H2O salty like still flowing, like tehtarik-ing!

Seya2!

Boringest said...

lol...don't think i'll be able to figure out spiritedestination!

anyway, i'll be gone for like 2-4 weeks depending on when I get back my internet connection...so I'll probably try another time in the next challenge(? still have more?). =)

chong y l said...

Thanks Boring-est for dropping by -- the TTarik has turned a li'l cold.

Ne'er mind, better late than ne'er.
We enjoyed thy company at the early stages while it lasted, exercised the minds all round, including Desi's. You and Howsy really started the intellectual journey -- but I wonder if HOWSY is also very busy scouring the Streets of London, or the ExaltedHallways of London University?

Challenge 5? Mayhaps -- see how Yan, mGf, responds to me on Wednesday morn ...:) Keep In Touch with her at yancorner.blogspot.com.

Hope to CONVERSE again with thee, my NOT boringfRiend at all!:)