My Anthem

Friday, September 23, 2005

And words are all I have ...

First Love

Today I dedicate my post to two luvly ladies I met at Blogsworld -- one I've met in person, the other I think I spied in my dreAm -- but I digress. (See Threads of our Lives, September 19, 2005.) This dedication is in addition to the choice of TWO fRiends I tagged for SE7EN minus Famous5.

SweetSpirit
took me seriously when I suggested she should follow with a ChallengiA (ONE IS CURRENTLY ON at http://sabrinawstan.blospot.com) BUT she did it in 1/2 -- she posted a short post on First Love, but did not throw Readers a Challenge with a Prize. Sabrina entices with a bar of Choc, and I plan to win it -- two bloody OZ songs -- Sweets, canya tell me?? I won't go public on this shAring.So you don't kNOw we had a rendezvous at http://sweetlluv.blogdrive.com, but if you wonder why she abadndoned l'st, I really don't want to kNOw! Anywayz, now check her OUT if you need sum hugz!:) I spelt anyways with a "zee" replacing the "ass" because that's wat most mG-bloggers-f do it, I must not rock the sampan or they will throw rocks at Desi and you wont gonna get your daiRy fix. Ah, the pleasure of AGGRESSION, throwin' rocks! What don't we settle for barbs - you know, bra wrapped in BS, baby suit-lah, why you need to ask-one? See, Desi also speaks Manglish-one sumtimes, and his spelling is hollor, man, I dunno what came over him -- I see myself in tHE tHIRD pERSON when I want a critical l=o=o=k, fats, warts and 'alls! aND WHEN HE'S IN THE 3p, THE SUBJECT IS FOLLOWED BY SINGULAR VERBS. eXAMPLE, dESIDerrata WRITES FUNNY SUMTIMES, OR MOST TIMES, BUT IT'S ok AS LONG AS HE enjoys IT!Theses last few sentences were all confused with all the Caps and LCs (for lower caps, not French though) all inter-CHANGED. Blame it on either Sweets or sleep deprivation -- bloody deadlines! -- I had to work 18 hours a day and they pay me pee-nutz!


wHAT FOLLOWS IS Xtracted from Sweets brief -- don't you be knotty, brudder IM, it is kNOT that brief!:) Are you reading (or p-e-e-king in?) bro Imran?

I thank Sweets 'holeheArtedly for that brief1luv, but it would be EASIER on my rusty eyes if thou had done niCE paragraphing like this with thy ORIGINAL, now given a dressing over by Desi, Xperimenting with F-designing?: (F- is not a four-letter word, maybe FashionAsia?)


"***Desi hinted to me blog about first love haha i thought about it.
But it is not me for i don't believe that the first person you fall inlove with or first human love is any more significant then the next or the last unless it is the one you have been with all your life.

Now that is a different story as for love it comes and goes and if we don't learn from our mistakes of the love that we leave or we lose then not much luck the next time round. I think the worst things is thinking the next person will be like the last and so , one starts to think and sometimes believe he she is just like the last. That is bad because no two people in this world are the same each love is individual and each to his /her own.

The best we can do is not look to replace the last person we loved nor compare that person to another because that is not fair.I know so many gals that go from relationship to relationship , not healing from the last one.They always say but this is it he is the one until next month or next season.Of course we are all different so for me , i just say what will be will be :)

Here is and oldie but i very nice song.
Endless Love Lyrics

My love There’s only you in my life The only thing that’s right
My first love You’re every breath that I take You’re every step I make And i I want to share All my love with you No one else will do
And your eyes They tell me how much you care Oh, yes you will always be My endless love

Two hearts Two hearts that beat as one Our lives had just begun Forever I’ll hold you close in my arms I can’t resist your charms And love I’ll be a fool for you I’m sure You know I don’t mind You know I don’t mind ’cause you You mean the world to me Oh, I know I know I found in you My endless love

Oh And love I’ll be that fool for you I’m sure You know I don’t mind You know I don’t mind And yes You’ll be the only one ’cause no one can’t deny This love I have inside And I’ll give it all to you My love My endless love... ***"


Posted at 04:04 am by sweetspirit

See, Sweets, I told thee I make a good sub!:) Trumpets sound ...)


Now I can feel the touch and eye thy heArt!:) Better! Best!!:);)

If I respond with my version of First Love, Do I get a Prize? -- No Booker, an OZ choc also-can-lah, butt NOT croc! will do -- you can keep Croc Dundee for Sab if I don't win her Choc?;(

"***I was nine, going on 10, and she was the beaut of the class of forty-ODD pupils, Desi might be the oddest.

She was especially good at ART, which Desi modestly claims to have some talent2! (Trumpets roll2)
Miss X looked especially luvly on Saturdays, because then we all were allowed to come in mufti. No, it's not te religious type of mufti ... it means not in uniform-lah.

X would come with a blouse of light hue, smartly overlaid by just some flowery tom-boyishly worn shirt that made her look more matured than just 9 or ten. I'll score her 10/10, of course, but there's bias on my part, no doubt. (Aside, just like my bias for that OZ gal called sssssspirit-lah, but I score thee 9/10 steal one point behind my First....)

Back from digression -- yes, I was already doing that at that olde age of 9OR10. I glanced at pretty girls when they were not looking, and the teAcher was writng on the BlackBoard. Yes, those days they used chalk scratching on the cancer-causing scratched board with white dust flying everywhere, including on the teacher's dress that made her blue dress coloured with twinkles of white. I digressed too much.

Where was I?

Ah, one hot (summer?) day, Desi was feeling restless, maybe the hormones were acting up. We had a class monitor who was well, quite close to me, well-behaved (that's he was appointed the M!), hair combed neatly and always weAring an A-smile. Desi's hair by comparision was scruffy, and my s-mile then was like watelse, Smiley! (Pls, I. Cowws, don't spell it as Smelly or else the teAcher will smack you!)

And smack does not mean a kiss on your cheek, you chicky one. It mans a whack on thy bottom that sometimes it sounded like thunder clap .. when the Punisher was one BIG-sized Headmaster whose approach would render even the cats quiet. The mice ran away of course.

Well, as I was saying, I was restless, so I put pen to paper, and drafted the following addressed to:

"... Miss X: I admire you light blue blouse very much. You sparse flowered shirt too.

I'd like to meet you after school at the Lake Gardens, can?

Just turn and smile at me if the answer is YES.

Yours sincerely,

CWK ... "


CWK was that monitor's nama, and smart YL was using his name to project my "secret luv" for that gal-with-the-sweetest-smile in KGV School.

Miss X picked up the piece of luv letter which I scurried like a mouse to leave at her desk when the teAcher was absorbed at her writing some long poem on the BB for us to "meme-rise" (you see, those years ago we already played me-me-ing) about some stupid Cows grazing on the grassland While the farmer was busy milking the cowgal ...

But the projected luv took an unexpected turn.

"Teacher, teacher," X Xclaimed, "someone knotty has sent me somethin knotty .." I guess X's vocab then was limited.
.There
. was
.a long
.long
> pause.

Then TeAcher Miss Boon (that was how we called her that oens years ago...she must have married, and have many niCE kids by now... but I'm no beesybody!).

Long story-short:

Miss Boon read the luv letter, smiled, and said someone had indeed been very naughty. Being a Sherlock Holmes, Miss Boon could tell straightaway who the culprit was. He asked YL to stand up. I was indeed an obedient boy. I stood up as quiet as a rat. "YL, (I was not a friend of Desiderata of max ehrmann fame yet ...) you are the only one capable of writing 'that' LETTER. Yes?"

Yes, I had to stand up, bowed my head as my face was first turning first pinkish -- then Red Indian red -- finally Lobster Red!Every thing has a First Time in one's life. That was my First Love Lesson:):):):):):);) for SEVENth HeAven!

But YL did not receive further admonishment but a remark "YL, your writing is very neat and arty. And I can't fault your gramma' -- (Now added a century? belatedly: Hey Miss Boon, don't bring my Granny into 'is!)At least that was Miss Boon's "punishing" words that I could recall. Maybe I heArd wLongly because thw 'hole world was looking' at Me-Me! (Yan, I blame thee for making me so precocious. Yes, I went on to read DH Lawrence's "Lady C's Lover" in Form 1, but I did not fail any examns. In fact, Miss Boon treated me lightly (smiley?) because i was a sort of teAcher;s pet! (I'm an honorary citizen of Catsville, Kuching then was near Seremban, for Peninsular and Borneo were joined by a fly-bridge ... Jules Verne told me so, of was it H.G. Wells? Well, it's Long, Long Ago ...)

To the mGf who sportingly played the Game of SE7EN with Desi after I received the baton from Primrose, to my number SE7EN who asked to reveal my age, I referred her to Miss Boon, hence this story. Also, I recently told her in one comment at her Yan's Corner -- In Touch:

Yan:

Stormy sea testing fRiendships to the fullest
Banquet time when crowds swell and wolves in sheep's attire their best
I shiver in the world's cold
But it's still warm in one hold.


Yan, at 8:18 AM

Hi, Desi,

Jurno's poem here is (translated from Chinese) -

Photo-taking, I stand in front
Delegate task, I stand behind
Donation time, excuse me, I have to answer the nature's call


Thanks for the poem.

Thanks for tagging me. I am honoured.

Yan,
at 9:16 AM

So to These Two Special Bonny Lad'es:
I end not with Endless Luv, but Elvis rendition of

WORDS

"It's only words,
And words are all I have
To take your heArt away ..."



PS: I know Yan loves the BeeGees version, and also Sweets is from Australia, so both are all too familiar with BIGies, so I make 'em feel small, when Xmas trees are tAll!; and Desiderata is always a JUST, not fair, man, so he stays medium -- neither small nor tAll:) for an American singer's take. You have not heard of Elvis the Pelvis, then you must be coking!

Smile an everlasting smile, a smile can bring you
Near to me.
Don't ever let me find you down, cause that would
Bring a tear to me.
This world has lost its glory, let's start a brand
New story now, my love.
Right now, there'll be no other time and i can show
You how, my love.


Talk in everlasting words, and dedicate them all to
Me.
And i will give you all my life, i'm here if you
Should call to me.
You think that i don't even mean a single word i
Say.

It's only words, and words are all i have, to take
Your heart away




PastScript from Kuching, extracted from September 07, 2005 post at http://yancorner.blogspot.com: YAN happily accepts Desi's CHALLENGE 5 to run a Booker Review of Mitch Albom's TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE.

The First Prize is an autographed copy of CHALLENGE TO LOVE by Catherine De Costa (donatted by Desiderata;); and also First PUBLICATIONS RIGHTS to The Borneo Post (where Yan has a little say!) to feature THE TOP2 REVIEWS:);) where normal payments just like for anyother freelance contributions apply...

MGf Desi has promised to be hardworking Judge and his decisions are final & muktamad, to be announced Three Days after Borneo Post's use of the 3 reviews.

Entries of at least 2,500 words must reach YAN by Email at phylliswyy@gmail.com or chongyl2000@yahoo.com.

Deadline is 2400 hours, September 30, 2005.

ENJOY! ENJOY!! ENJOY!!!

WRITE & L'VE!

PostPastScript:
Now before Yan settles in for the night, I wish to reminisce for her The First of May, and her TheBoyNextDoor, surely her First Love which is compulsory telling after Sweets and Desi have opened up their heArts to shAre. Desi knows you're shAring and cAring2, Yan.

And if you wish, you may invite ONE of your regular conversationists to write, yeah, about his/her First Love. See, I caught the Me-Me-Me-owing fever, But it's for only ONE along the LuvLane!:)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogs aid in reporting on Katrina
During the tumult and in the wake of Katrina, bloggers from the Gulf Coast as well as around the country provided a unique, personal, and not any less informative alternative to mainstream news.
##screenwriting## site/blog. For all your ##screenwriting, script consulting, script coverage, and writer support## needs.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sweetspirits said...

:) now Desi that is nice n sweet just like me he he jj. Btw Desi
no paragraphs at my blogdrive bcozim too lazt to use html as line breaks aren't standard ,,whatever that was one reason i moved to blogger.But i am taking a break from blogging until winter or i get really really bored hehe.Btw Desi i am a friday child :)
cheerz enjoyya weekend tcz gb

sweetspirits said...

Btw Desi one of my sayings is oneday,,
You want help with Sabby's challenge
maybe someday ,,,,, Hehe
cheerz tcz

sweetspirits said...

Someday is today Desi
I have left some clues for you a Sabby's blog ,, go use those brain cells hehe .
cheerz

sweetspirits said...

More than words , words are all i have.

Words are indeed very important in a relationship, without words there is no communication ,so without words without communication .Where does the grow ? Or where does the flow? Sometimes it just goes

chong y l said...

Hi sweets:
I hope Desi is not distracting from the House work, which means BF, lnch dinner sup -- a cowagl (I was gonna use sheil.but the guts failed me)'s work is ne'er done.

Chalenge help eh, you're broadcasting it all o'er the Challenegr's place so I've lost the addvantage!

Now tell me shhhs, no1 is list'ning in -- the correct answers -- I don wanna hints, bad for the brain cells, o'lady overworked last nite preparing this Luv Story... better than that Ryan O'neill with Ali McGrown's!

sweetspirits said...

Desi
Hehe the answers my friend aren't blowing in the wind , maybe a season or a fine not rainny day..I am not going to give you thy answers bcoz it is all too simple if you read my comments at Sabby's ;)

Primrose said...

I agree with Sweetspirit that words are important in a relationship but not only words but the CORRECT words at the CORRECT time. Sigh. Nobody's a mind reader...

Sabrina Tan said...

yes..i agree my challengia is all too simple...
sweets is practically giving it away in one my comments post.
by the way folks, me moved my blog to http://sabrinawstan.blogsome.com for a better template.
cheers!

chong y l said...

Now there
Winner of Challenge 4? Primrose is back, and she may get CORECT answers to Sab's Challengia yet, for shie's very good at WORDS. spiritedestination, WoW!

So how about it, PRose, detour to Sabrina's, I've tried, I've bribed, but it doesn't work with Sweets. Maybe you work thy brainy cells (furthermore I've given tuition on Sherlock Holmes ...) and win that Choc and we'll split it so-so rem? 50-50, me for reminding you-lah, the DEADline's Sunday!

And flattering words are all I have
But Sab says that would win me my Choc fave!:(

chong y l said...

Sab:

I no 'ear TM, nicolekid, yes (dueting sumthin real stupid with Rob Williams who robbed Desi of the dueting with his fav2nd luv?...)

Hey I like your Present blue-ish template at blogpsot better than that doggie flagoff at blogsum ... Do I get a bite at that Choc for my volunteering critique? I really have a sweet tooth, I'm speaking nothin' but the tooth! So help me Sweets;)

Sabrina Tan said...

desi...

change has to occur...hehe..MOVE ON!!
i'll personally hand u the chockies!!
we have a date!! *wink wink*
opps, better not let wifey kNOw..
pulling desi's LOOONNNGGG legs here...
off to zzzz land and continue enjoying my doggies..they are there to greet u with a warm smile every morning...
u can see my 3 dogs there!!! :D :D

chong y l said...

Sab:

No *wink, wink* aloud at Desi's Place, it's rude and many I's are watching' us!

Just becos I gave fair warning I might "steal" your FirstLuv Story you have to do a tit4tat?
My legs, oh, one long & one short JUST won't do, I'm no LONG John Silver -- long, yes, john, yes some ppl mishear me, call me by back at the AHC, "Are you the Press Officer, John?...", SILVER, "NO", I'm made of Au ...silver is Ag. I.Cowws there, don't ask any Qs, it's JUST BTW2US...trying out Boringest's adapted version on "between the two of us".

You want dates2? Make sure they taste sweets like thy Oz fRiend -- Oh, yeah, make it in containers, Puasa month's just arpund the corner, I'll dump CON for dates (do they grow in NZ/Oz, Sab, Sweets?...)No problem with wifey -- she's connected via a cable vely long, long but visible only to children with Hans Christy I's, "Emperor with those holes in his Clothes, remember?"

Sab, don't touch THAT cable, it's several thousand volts, you may JSUT shoot through your apartment roof and hit tat Ozone hole -- cum to think of it, maybe you should encourage ALL to touch the cable, and if ALL shooot up there, the hole would be filled UP and be 'whole again.

Talk about Warmest. Welcome to fantasy destination, thespirited one spirited away for a short momemnt, looking for kyels. She's now taken o'er Sab's role -- lost in te north of Sydneysian Haze.:)


PS: A BIG THANK YOU U to YoungKyels for connecting me with the BefRienders! last evening, couldn't buy her a tehtarik, she had to run to the Genting Arena of Stars to join Daniel.. or isit Nita? ...:);)

chong y l said...

Yan:

Yes, yes, yes -- it's a deal
To this Dealer of FirstLuv cards, it's a GOoD deal, so just send the script to my Email (you don't no? Ask the chief dealer, Cupid, Cupid, where art thou?)

In fact, that arrangement is what Desi is waiting to hear, then my Post for tomorrow or Monday, whenever it suits thee, the GalNext Door? is taken care of:) Yeah!

chong y l said...

Yan: If my acceptance speech comes late, I had a GOoD reAson -- watching Malaysian Idol 2, and the Winner is DANIEL, with the results just announced L'VE from the Arena of Stars about 20 minutes ago. Congrats to this YoungPerson who makes a fantastic role model for Youths in Malaysia. I'm proud to be a Malaysian senor with such greAt youths ... We have hope yet for OUR COUNTRY.

Nita also made a worthy opponent -- I'd say the competition was almost neck and neck -- I believe what "won" for Daniel was Heaven Knows ... that was angelic if an angel could be an Choir boy!:)

Nita,you just "lost" by a thin edge to a worthy opponent -- Chins Up2!

To All Malaysians who voted, Well Done!:)