My Anthem

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

politics, poliTICS, POLITICS

Politics, politics, politics -- like the Ancient Mariner with his water, water everywhere -- but not a decent drop of humanity -- like the AM, not a decent drop to drink. No wonder, IT -- no, not H2O, otherwise I upset the legion of the Band fans everywhere! -- has become a dirty word.

Recently in my wanderings, I acquired a few NEW "friends", and lost a couple too. I count among myGoodfriends (mGf intheplural I used to say...) among my second hand's fingers DAVID CHAN, who honours me with some thing on POLITICS. You can't get away from IT!

Office Politics

They come together to the office,
With smiles as sweet as sugar and spice,
One man big in belly,
One woman large in fanny.

Beware, woe to those,
Who step on their toes,
Behind close doors temperature rises,
The oil heats up to fry the enemies asses.

Such is a typical day,
Of office politics at play,
A game that deserves much credit,
It is even awarded in merit.

A dragon today, a worm tomorrow,
That is what moves the barrow,
Here today, gone tomorrow,
Remember that every dog chews down to the marrow.


By David Chan

PS: DAVID, Let's adjourn for a good "steak" dinner to get away from Politics -- office or party -- for a long Interlude. We need to earn our daily bread -- politics don't buy us no food and bottled-likeFrenchwine-H2O, as the cowpoke would sing at nightfall!

No comments: