My Anthem

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Politics-free Party at Desi

For the Whole of This Week, DESIDERATA's PLACE has decided to leave all politics out of this homely place, except if Readers still want to rant and rave via COMMENTS, that I can't help it. My feel and feedback is that the ordinary citizenry, except those who walk the corridors of power at PUTRAJAYA and the PWTC, Kuala Lumpur has had an overdose of all the cacophany of noises, silly wise-cracks, "UGLY" Malaysians who are selfish, selfcentred acting in the annual sandiwara, whose universe does not extend beyond their wants, their demands and robber baronry politics.

Some say they are getting "tired of being tired".

Some say they "have wept till the tears have run dry".

Some say it's no use caring, "Just give up".

One group, increasing strident, especially now resident abroad as young students, or more mature professionals working as expatriates in London, New York, Tokyo, Sydney, Beijing, or New Delhi, Johannesburg, or even in Cold Iceland,say "Just migrate..."

Some say "Let's pray for our country that we may yet see more leaders of Pak Lah's kind".

I say "AMEN" to the last voiced prayer.

Desi has decided, and will make this week welcoming Readers to send me contributions of the light and laughter kind -- defined as those that give us LIGHT, LAUGHTER and are KIND to fellow Malaysians, regardless of race, class, religion and gender.

I await thy kind soul to give us some light and laughter, OK? This is NOT a rhetorical question -- I need a response from thee, will you!

Just to flag off -- I've found no other Limerick to challenge this on mirth&laughter:

There was a young lady from Niger

Who smiled as she road (sic) on a tiger

They returned from the ride

With the lady inside

And the smile on the face of of the tiger.



(Anon, which means could be George, Ahmad,Siva or Along
I wished it was desiderata-ylchong!)

PS: Came back after another continental breakfast -- which is a record, two in 2 consecutive days, as I believe in indulging in occasional bougeousie excursions; sorry mGf outstation cannot join me; here's just another light starter as dessert OK? -- That's rhetorical.


I wave a keris
To show I am master
When the barbarians are at the nation's gate
I'll my ma cai pack and muster
The foreign devils' arse-holes to kiss


PPS (Updated 12.33pm): If my language is a little strong towards the end, and should offend, Please visit kennysia.com, and become his fRiend!

13 comments:

Sabrina Tan said...

yay! it's time for a breakie....
thanks for reminding us, esp ME! about being true to oneself...
that's very important!

Anonymous said...

Make the language contemporary-lah... so hard to follow on the thee and thine thing,... ;-)

how about yo-brrrader?


occassional blogcrasher,
moses

chong y l said...

Hi Sab:

The privilee and pleasure is mine, in return for thy mentee-fellowship. and answering SOS as a Guest Blogger! Thaks again.

Ho Moses - you're obviously a new visitor, not used to Desi's old language experiment done ala Shakespeare-aspirant(meaning me&someofsimilarilk...)-way.

Never mine, just trying to convert some of my Readers to Poetry lovers, and this message to you is written in CONventional mode.

But truly, sometimes you can learn to ENJOY poetry, go ask Yo-brrrader Imran! (Visit him at:oops, can't recall the suadara's blogname, but you back copy at Desi's, spot him under Comments.

chong y l said...

OOoops, I was a little rushed just now: a belated "WELCOME" to Moses since I believe this is your first -- can I use maiden? -- visit here. I always extend a "cyber" teh tarik too, until we meet in person, OK, that's when I offer Haridas', with ginger (Ha!lia!) perhaps?

As for Imran's blog, checked, hope I'm careful this time: http://time2rise.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

In a way I'm a newbie to your thoughts. I suppose I qualify for it since this is my first comment trail here. First visit was some months ago, don't remember when, but I think it was not long after you started this posting. Did put you on the bookmark though but not the visits.

;) Must admit that screenshots & BNM dominate my blogosphere experience thus far, off-hand figure is something like 99% ;) Now trying to expand more.

Thanks for the welcome. Good to have that. Teh tarik sure can do.

I like to know the face in front of the thought. This helps to avoid wrong judgment & prejudice.

Still, what's with the "consumate seeker of truth"?

Cheers
Moses

p/s my blog does not have a lot words, but you are most welcome to drop by.

chong y l said...

Glad to hear from you again,Moses:

Yes, I'm a babe by Blogsworld standards, but Big Brudder to h j angus (hey, are you ENJOYING your first SEVEN days?)

Yes, JeffOoi I consider my Sifu (to many in Msian blogsworld too, I believe); and Brudder MackZul wins my admiration for his real efforts to expand our horizons, often as a team with Jeff.

I strolled to your Cyberhome too, and congrats to having a vibrant "Junior" to brighten the home, obviously a relatively new delight!

As one of three objectives/goals when I started my Blog, the "least written" about is desiderata.truth; desiderata.civilsociety is my pre-occupation; desiderata.english is my passion (an extension from Those SchoolGirl Days; BTW, I am NOT femail; yes, this spelling was adopted by a mainstream nespaper just a few days ago, following Desi's fun-with-Inggeris. Poetry features quite rampantly, and this has some "invisible" tie with the TruthSeeking. Because poets are very reflective, and write from the deepest receses of their "heArt", I beleive that's the class of writing akin to truth-seeking. Sufficient elaboration?

By the way (short for BTW, which I deciphered only 2 weeks ago in Internet/Blog language? Still trying to figure out some sprinkled out there, and I'm too timid to ask!)"Desiderata" comes from my fav poet's work of the same name -- "Go placidly amidthe noise and the haste, and remember what peAce there may be in silence ...

Sdr Imran, I did some "marketing" for you, why no response with a Teh Tarik offer-lah?

Have a Laughing Week to All!

Anonymous said...

I first saw those verses sitting in a dentist chair in the midst of my root-canal (or something like that). It was strategically located in my line of sight sitting on the dentist chair in its flat position. Very reassuring I suppose ;-)

I dunno if Mack had ever heard of it before but the one time I send it to him, he 'complained' that sound like his mom ;) ;)

Right now there is printout of it right in front of my workstation cubicle.

Regards

Anonymous said...

"...the flat position..." should be written as "...in its reclined position..."

imran said...

Yes, thanks for the free marketing. The offer of teh tarik is always on the table, no need to ask. Just give me a ring on the ring-a-ling whenever you are in KL.

chong y l said...

Hi Moses -- you are my SECOND Reader who said she (I don't mean you're a s-he,OK!) saw it also at a Dentist; maybe Sabirna Tan (the one who's my Esteemd Guest Blogger now in final year Dentistry in NZ who shares my indulgence in Bourgeosie BFast!)will frame one (drawn in original ink by Desiderata here!) when she opens her clinic.

The "incline positin" is the most "thinking" mode apparently, no wonder the Doctor wants you to put your mind elsewhere .. before he/she starts working ...

I sighted the COPY ina Reader's Digest in mid-high school, I was voracious -- both oral and written -- but never helped Malaysia achieve its first Nobel laureatte. The DewanBahasa&Pustaka tries very hard, but the GoOD ones AlWays land up anywhere but within Malaysian shores. Ah-political digression, but this is Comments, so I breach no rules.
Anyway, if you feel like breaking some rules ehere, it's OK, SEMUANYA OK JIKA KITA SEMUANYA CIVIL, OK? And like Sdr Imran, be generous with the Teh Tarik, don't pull the T, just his legs, not Fe-mail either, he's assured!

H J Angus said...

Desi

I cannot complain that blogging is a new experience for me.

But writing to newspapers goes back about 30 years - I used to write to Star, NST and Malay Mail -mostly about traffic woes.

In bloggers land we are free to write anything but of course I always try to be rational.

Now it is almost a crusade (dare I use that word) to tell all and sundry that we need to change the way we are governed or we are never going to hear the end of the NEP(Never Ending Policy?)

chong y l said...

Some typos to be crooked out here (after I posted Two Dead Boys Walking... so quite Expired!):

Top Moses, AhP=ologise for your inclined replacing falt position referred by Desi as incline ...just for the record, for the DBP may just do a due diligence for my grant APplication.
PIG money's involved, RM30K for each lie that's the troth, the hole troth, notin
but the twoth. so Help Thee Gawd!

Hi h j angus -- like to hear you again:

Your crusading spirit is laudable (almost slipped, laufable, but that would be a DeadManWrit)H)in, so its pardunable, right?)

Wishing your Blogging journey an ENJOYABLE one, and PRODUCTIVE two, and mayhaps, also ask the generous DBPolisie, Indonesianised, hence NEPolisie tow!). Desi tends to digress, a lot here today, becos that's the privilege of sharing your Blog, you can sound nonsensical, yet ppl pay attenshen.Come join me apply to the DBP people for a grant (30% for Desi yah, this is MY suggestion (C)RIGHT!


I conclude my Sifu's way -- Jeff used to say: Way To Go!

Unknown said...

Glass Offices I do not even know the way I stopped up here, however I believed this post was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger in the event you are not already. Cheers!