My Anthem

Thursday, July 07, 2005

do nothin', think nothin'

One Regular Conversationist's message in Verse
Struck a chord in my mind'
Lingered for most of today as I went about my
doin'
thinkin'
caring


For Many Malaysians?
It's like 7eleven, or
should it be 24/7
like clockwork
we did
we thoght
we cared
Today.

We also did
thought
cared
yesterday
&
the day before yesterday

Now at midnight as I write
I decide
When tomorrow comes
I'm doing nothin'
thinking nothin'
caring nothin'
And it'll still be
A 24-hour day


PS: Hi ginger:

Thanks for thy Inspiration
Except for 10 minutes composing this, on the 7th day of the sevent month of the year
2005, I'm really followin they dictum...!

(as in a duet...)

Feel like that too
as expressed at your end
Do nothin', think nothin'
Don't care.

life's an illussion
playing tricks with your mind
so it's safer
do nothin', think nothin'
don't care.

PPS: The muse in ginger has on July 5 commented thus:
Ginger said...
Hi Desiderata:

Joining you in early morning pensive mood....


July rain washed away the haze
Sunny rays break the early dawn
Woolly clouds drift aimlessly above
A happy butterfly flutters amongst the lillies

Shrieks of laughter in the pen
Not a care in their innocent world
Mothers stand watching idly
Mind drifting, chores waiting.

The aroma of coffee whiffs the air
Two slices, butter and jam
Do nothing, think nothing
Don't care.

2 comments:

sweetspirits said...

If only it was that easy

chong y l said...

Hi sweetspirit:

It's not THAT easy
true
But for today only
all of 24 sweet hours
I nothin' do
nothin' think
Don't care

IT was all That easy
so far, 18 hours to midnite

Then when a new day breaks
Six hours from now
Like thee, sweetspirit
I don't think it is that easy
to repeat the whole cycle

But I promise I'd think
whether I'd do
whether I'd care
I really don't know

But this I know --
If I think nothin'
Forever
Life stops.
My writing stops.

I'll then say
my last
goodbye.

(Responded to sweetspirit at 6.00pm)