My Anthem

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Pennies from Heaven ...

Desi has planned Not to Post Today, BUT ...this warm Email from Ginger descends like a Penny from Heaven, thus saving my potential "addicted" fans from suffering a withdrawal symptom. No, actually it's Desiderata's withdrawal symtom from Blogging addiction who needs his daily fix!

So thanks to GINGER from the place up north where they serve the highly addictive Char-Kway-Teow: -- "Hi Desi:

Here's something to warm you up after a week of self imposed chilling
out
and being apolitical.


Have a wonderful weekend,
Ginger.


=============================================================


Sitcom of the Month:

Desperate Minister


Best Local Act
"Tun dan Kak" (Adaption from Punch and Judy)


Best Referal of the Week:

"Oh My God!"
"God is my witness"


Cliffhanger of the Week:

"A detailed explanation on the correspondence among the various parties
will
follow to avoid any dispute"


Quotable Quotes of the Week:


"Actually, Malaysians are not capable, therefore, we should get
foreigners
including running our country too...."

".....we can have a foreigner as a Prime Minister...why not.... if he
has
the brains?..."

"Although I am already 80 years old, I am still not yet senile."

" I am quite sure Proton would do better under new management,”

"Mahaleel was sad but he did not cry. Other people might have cried. He
is
very manly......"


Product of the Month:

"Premier Tissue" saved the day of a VVIP during a critical moment of a
press
conference.


Ugliest Day of the Month:

July 19 on all major local dailies front pages.


Highest Debut in UMNO's Billboard Top 40:


'Don't Cry For Me Malaysia'
(lyrics)


It won't be easy, you'll think it strange
When I try to explain how I feel
That I still need your love after all that you've done
You don't believe me
All you will see is a girl you once knew
Although she's dressed up to the nines
At sixes and sevens with you

I had to let it happen, I cannot hide

Couldn't keep my friends here at bay

Looking out of the podium, staying out of the
glare

I had to publish
Running around, trying everything I knew
But nothing impressed them at all
I never expected it to


Chorus


Don't cry for me Malaysia
The truth is I never lied to you
All through my good days
My wide experience
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance


And as for fortune, and as for friends
I never expected them to

Though it seems to the world they were all I desired
They are my good friends
They're not the kind you thought them to be
They are with me all the time
I love them and hope they love me

Don't cry for me Malaysia

(Chorus)


Have I said too much?
There's nothing more I can think of to say to you
But all you have to do is look at me
To know that every word is true


Don't cry for me Malaysia

(Chorus)



DESIDERATA:
Ucap ribuan-ribuan, terima kasih, my Penny from Heaven. Pada mulanya, Desi ingat hari ini tidak akan Post sebab sudah hilang tangan kanannya semalam. Pada lebihkurang 4 petang baru-baru pulang dari Koala Lumput, say nampak LapTop saya tidak ada atas mejanya yang saya ada nampak pada pukul 9 pagi. Saya tanya semuanya dalam rumah baru sedar PC saya sudah terjalan-jalan luar rumah.

Jika anda jumpa satu LapDog yang mengandungi banyak entry bertajuk "desiderata.english for ...(tarikh)" dan "News Digest for ...(tarikh)", silalah, hantar message melalui COMMENTS, boleh-ke?

Yang nsaibbaiknya, saya masih terdapat RM3.00 pagi ini utuk ke InternetCafe untuk membuat POST TERHARGA ini; sila hantar ribuan Cafe atau teh-tarik kapada Desi ia, sebab say membuat perutusan akan "skip" Continental BFast untuk satu tahun untuk "savings"/melabur pada satu LapAtasORBawah pada Julai 2006! Salaam.

PS: More or less writhing under the influence of preparing a report for the BalaiPolisie at Temiang.Brudder Mack or Im, Boleh Tahan Tak? So to my Esteemed Commenters at previous Post, Manyak Minta Maaf, bolehke? Another Rhetorical Question!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha.

Great post. I like the new version of Don't Cry For Me Argentina.. Haha. Super funny.

Cheers!!!

imran said...

Hey there,

I'm sad to hear about your laptop going for a walk. What actually happened?

To answer your question, tidak, saya tak boleh tahan.

chong y l said...

Hi kyels: The credit goes really to GINGER' who has been sending me Uplifting stories as she enhances my Politics-Free Party Week at Desi's Place. And I like and appreciate your post on Friends&Betrayals. Of course, your Taiping promo too, but Seremban's Lake Gardens rivals yours(my biased view!).

It has been a revitalising and refresing six days. Another day to go -- I may just extend the HapPYness ...

chong y l said...

Brudder IM:

Walk ke Lake Gardens, niCe cool Place, better than Desi's, I guess!

TakBolehTahan -- di mana?
I bleh jadi rakan-mu, tapi I bukan fe-mail tau. jika ada problem, baik e-mail I OK -- chongyl2000@yahoo.com