My Anthem

Sunday, August 14, 2005

An Ode to Hazelin'

Soothin'
A sweet young thing
Visits me in a dream

Chills the cracking skin
bristling
drying up like lemon skin

Oh the haze, dizzying
Enveloping me
Choking
My thraot tight
Even as I drink

Leong cha
of Mumm's time-tested recipte
for cough, dryness
of body, thorat
And intestines

Yet the light scented liquid
dripping through
Hurts

Oh the Haze
Hurts

On my suffering
bod'
Yearns for My Darlin'
Hazelin' snow
Plaese don't go

So this SWT
visits surprisingly
I say welcome


She caresses my body
and we travel to Dreamland
Unto ecstasy

Can thee be a constant companion
To all myGOodFriends
They're suffering too
Unwillingfollowers of
The Haze

Chase this Haze away
Back across the Sin(G) straits
to where devilisl forests
and mercenary merchants roam

While here me and
mGf groan and moan

Of weathered skin
and of head spin

Hazelin' my dear
Drawing in deep breaths of ecstasy
My Soothin'
thou sweet young thing
Come, make it our guestsy zing
I'll be in heaven
And thou my angel be
Snowhite Hazelin'
Soothin', calmin', descending


YLChong (c)


PS: I did not have a "topical" topic to post this morn; but THE HAZE says "NO, THOU HAVETH ME!" So I put pen to paper, sing a song of Hazelin'! This Ode is a Dedication to all Malaysians, especially to Asthmatic patients, who include one mGF, who hardly slept for forty winks each night for the past SEVEN days. Hope Soothin Hazelin' will descend to make amend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi,

The Ode to Hazelin sounds really cool. Haha. Makes sense to me.

Cheers!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi,

I was getting into the rythmn of this doggerel(?) and, man O man, when it hit THEE, I felt like slipping on a banana skin after having coolly jiggling along the pavement on the Ode to Hazelin.

Have to admit it that thou and thee is not my cup tea yet ;)

Mind you I was enjoying it all. IT WAS NICE...:)

p/s - Just to let you know I once had a Gideon Bible given to me by my aunt and actually read it in THOU & THEE, but nowadays just couldn't get into that rythmn.

Never mind me though... you just continue with what you do best and I will keeping rocking to what can get me rocking from you and get slip with what will get slipping from you.

Cheers

chong y l said...

Hi kyels:

A fan I've made thee,
now Moses is back for the swollen company!

Hi Moses --long time no see! Hazey eh?

I counted just 3 thou/thee for you&you&you, pls bear with me, I'll try to make a convert of thee nYET? (just share a secret sacred? -- I canvas'ed some mGf about using the Bard's thou and thee, maketh and speaketh, protesteth, some say it's OK, yeh, even Romantic, sweet sweet Hazelin'. (I chase away Shakespeare's PESTS from posts like the modern PETRONAS thingy & THE I-LAND! See!

yes, let's just ENJOY our posts and party and repartees, don't mind the thou and thees!

Salute to kyels and Moses
For seeing through the Haze
Reachin' Me.