My Anthem

Sunday, August 28, 2005

CHALLENGE 4 - Cos You Asked for It!

desiderata.english

This is a really Special Sunday.

Desi has first to forego sleep to upload Sabrina's THE MALYSIAN DILEMMA at 3-something in the morn so that SsssPirit and other fans of hers, plus newbies too, could wake up to butter/spoil (your choice, Life's about CHOICES, Sab used to say...)their CON BF! for newbies, that's for CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, which is an addiction for Desi on SUNDAYS! So if you're treating me, please act like a CON- ma/woman/lady, whatever, PERSONAL COICE again!)

So, are you ready to take on the challenge?


Because YOU ASKED FOR IT, DESIDERATA obliges with the continued challenge to find a winner for that CHALLENGE TO LOVE, by Catherine De Costa, who needs no further introduction. Desi has decided, after sle-eee-eping on it for endless hours, decided on the NAME of OUR I-LAND.

The Booker Prize goes to the first among Desi’s EsteemedReaders to guess the CORRECT NAME that Desi has decided on (Hey, READ MY MIND is the name of the Game!) first via COMMENTS channel at this post. YOU MAY LIST THREE ANSWERS (1), (2) and (3). If more than one respondents get the answer right, the ranking of these 3 answers may factor in as the decider. I wonder why I am so confident that this 4th challenge will 4 any Winner. Maybe there will be CHALLENGE 5, and this is thinking aloud.

The Deadline is 2400 hours – midnite for IgnorantCowws!--Tuesday August 30, and the WINNER will be announced bright and early to welcome Merdeka Day on 31 AUGUST 2005 at 10.10am.

The Clues lie within this Poem © YLChong composed on August 24, 2005 at 8.58p.m.

CHALLENGE 4

A combo from Mark Twain
dissected-nick
Commonest yet chick
To attain that Utopia
Maybe MALAUSTRAYSIA?
Perhaps not, just a trick
Mayhaps
Song Of A Roaring
Itching Nitching Geek
To Our Final ‘hore
Can’t give more
.

ENJOY! ENJOY! ENJOY!



POST-Script (that is normally spelt PS at Desi's, but today being a day to teach IgnorantCowws some Inggeris, I'm allowed to, you know, "P"L -- Lesen Lembu!, and it means just that -- after the main script. No, it doesn't represent a request for you to send me the ANSWERS by slow mail. No eamil either. Just via COMMENTS!

Earlier atthe earlier Post's Comments, I said I'm going to cheat -- yet get away with it -- yes, post this second Post today (special, remember?). but it's ranked below Sab Tan's THE MALAYSIAN DILEMMA ESSAY becos, as in news ranking, it enjoys on;y 2nd ranking! --so for LazyCowws who have not read the first ranked ESSAY, please go back to the TOP, read as a precursor to doing this puzzle,there is this thingy called WARMING UP, remember, before the run?! (half rhetorical, half-NON-, hence an Exclmation plus a Question mark, and such issues come under PUNCTUATION. And please, IGONORANT ....I was going to say Cowws, then I realise I was the one I include under, so taken back, the PS DOES NOT form part of the CLUES.


NOTE: I'd do a PPS later after I wake up from adjourned sleep to answer that stupid CHALLENGE 3(b)! Some people don't even know one exists! Poor communicator, this guru engrund. SOS to Howsy, take over, polliiiisssss....
Now the exact time is 4.42am.

12 comments:

sweetspirits said...

Okz Desi
Im too tired to think although i went to bed b4 midnight i didn't crash until 3am so i'll be back later .
Cheerz n enjoy ya sunday

chong y l said...

SsssSpirit:

Pls come back well rested to answer the Challenge. 3 Attempts allowed, with the 1st accompanied by a RAT-TIONALE! A Mousey-onealso can-lah!

Hey, pls send over thy Poem to share, it's stoeln Desi's heArt and I wanna my GOod freinds (mGf) here to mend it after reading that "POME"! (I hear some Brits PROnouncing that WAY, Howsy, am I 'rite?)

Nicolekid, how do you Oz-ies pronounce p-o-e-m?

sweetspirits said...

smiles Desi haha kinda hard to explain how aussie pronounce poem p o em hehe try gigure lah...Just steal the poem Desi and put it up on ya bloggie ,its all good .
cheerz

sweetspirits said...

Btw Desi i know you like Nicole Kidman but i would prefer you didn't relate to me using Nicolekid term, i actually don't like it. Any chance you can just call me sweets short for sweetspirit or ss ... Although right now i am coming across as rude that is not my intention.
cheerz tcz

chong y l said...

Hi sweets:

Nah, you're rude, nah, I've come across worse, so no worries.

It's just a li'l teAsing just Malaysian style, maybe the Oz ppl differ in thei dept cos down here we call each other lots of nicks, depending on our moods & fancies, like I call mGf Mr Coww -- de does like like to be identified.

Hey, you're doing lots of assignments, what kind? Can Desi help? Really, it's anything to do with Creative Writin'?

Take your leisurely try at the Puzzle, Ok, it's down your alley!

Yeh, I'd just "steal" the poem from thy site. in the stealth of the Perthian haze!

sweetspirits said...

Okz Desi
teasing hey tsk tsk , well shame on you haha.Actually Desi if you were a
accountant that would be good ;) i am so lazy an don't want to do an assignment based on the minister for health reducing a certain sector of health care from 7 billion to 2 billion.I'm just too lazy and too tired plus find it boring tsk tsk.
cheerz im off to bed tsk tsk i will only have 4hrs zzz. nightz

Fashionasia said...

i wanted to say MALAUSTRAYSIA...
but i guess it cant be??

I'm thinking....im thinking.....

chong y l said...

Hey Fashionasia, how did you get here while I was at Your Place and hearing some1 calling thee "auntie"?

Did you travel faster than c? (Well, if you need to ask me what See is, pls ask fellow-traveller Sabrina Tan, I just educated her at another tea break.

No lah, hpow can te answer be SO EZY1? Must study the Po-em-lah, how do you pronounce this po-emm? or Pom..like in Pompus? I know I digress, but we have time, don't we, since you're capable of travel more than c!

4ya! again. Yu aloud 3 answers, but (1) must have a RAT-tionale, a mousey1 also can! Just in case of a tie-breaker, I need a good Xplanation (no sexy one, this is NOT an adult blog! I have vely young I.Cowws peeping in sometimes, esp on Sundaes!)

Chow, a 4-letter word here, but proFUNe!

Primrose said...

Am I racking my brains or am I seeing a crack or am I just a plain donkey?

Interesting pome (the way the bri'ish say).

Mark or Twain
Chic or chick
Utopia Utopia or Utopia Downs

*thinking thinking*

chong y l said...

Hey Primrose:

I like your ENTHUsiasm! You are at least cracking the brain which God gifted us.

Just break each teaserr down, get some inferences.

Scientiifc method, like Sherlock Holmes, it's elementary each step of the way.

When I give the snswer YTOMORROW, if I am in the MOOD, you know, men also suffer those priods! -- you will NOD YOUR HEAD in WONDER.So ELEMENTARY ...my deear Watson, also Primrose.

One blue rose and one black tulip to thee, my constant Challenger-Acceptor. Where are the rest???

Hey, SAB, you asked for IT! (Oh, tomorrow is not a public hol for you DU! Sorry lah; I'll apply pressure on the OZ and NZ govts next year. Lol!

Primrose said...

Utopia country or Utopia social improvements
Roaring tiger or lion

*sigh*

My mind keeps chanting Singamerica (haha) but that's totally off!

*sigh again*

Malaysia boleh! No time to crack anymore...

chong y l said...

Hey PRIMrose:

You are my MOST DELIGHTFUL acceptor to the Challenge, I'll give you 1/2 the Booker Prize, OK, like HOWsy -- you'll have to travel back in time (Opposite to Back to the Future -- that ovie bluff us 1!).

Ethiopia? Popiah, They rhyme with Utopia alright,

but ain't not GOod, or even CLLOSE 'NUFF!

Snuggle CLOSER (like nicolekid...my fav actress..), thanks for all your HARD WORK. Ne'er mind, I've EXTENDED THE DEADLINE, till Saturday midnite becoae a million, like your Doodle? -- asked for it!

Read Merdeka Day belog post dalam Bahasa Malaysia. Jangan main-main, Desi sangat ada gaya jugak! Manyak-manyak datang, eh, buat Challenge 4, Prim Rose, sila jemput kawaan- cawan put boleh, sebab MintAnda diSayangi!