My Anthem

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Conversations and Foot-prints

I ENJOY CONVERSATIONS WITH MY CYBER=FRIENDS, WHO I HAVE NOT MET PERSONALLY SAVE ONE – YAN all the way from the infamous Kennysiah's state!– AND I’M THANKFUL FOR SUCH FRIENDSHIPS. I HOPE THEY STAND THE TEST OF TIME.

TODAY’S RAMBLINGS ARE MOTIVATED (INSPIRED, INSTIGATED?) BY SUNDAY’S EXCHANGES WITH A FEW CONVERSATIONISTS WHICH PROMPTED ME TO RE-VISIT THE FOOTPRINTS I HAD LEFT BEHIND AT SOME OF MY MORE “REGULAR” CYBER-FRIENDS AND ACQUAINTANCES' HAUNTS, AND EVEN RECENT-TIMERS WHO MAY YET BLOSSOM TO BECOME mGf?

SO HERE GOES:


I sighted Sabrina Tan of http://sabrinawstan.blogspot.com, my most constant Guest Bloggertemporarily resideng and roaming the New Zealand wanderescape, in also a “rambling" mood recently (August 8, 2005), and I reprise her opening para:

Ramblings

I am currently very tired...so I don't have time nor energy to think or write something properly...
Plus, it just seems like no one is visiting this place anyway...:P
So I am just going to add in a few ramblings here and there...stuff that has occured over the weekend/week...


Fellow Blogger Imran assured Sab with the following via Comments, with a cheeky follow-up from Desi:

Imran said...
Hello Sabrina,

You are wrong about no one visiting your blog. I for one visit your blog everyday in my quest to find topics to write about.

P/S:hope that didnt sound a bit stalker-ish.

3:11 AM


desiderata
said...
IM:

You stalk Sab; I stalk thee.

So the Bard says The world is all a stage, and we are all players -- it's okay mate, act like one - a stalker. I mean a mean one!

12:26 AM


Sunday yesterday saw me Rambling on and on, and I hope my desiderata.english did not bore Thru?) any followers (my mchief target were YoungOnes and IgnorantCows!). Then via my COMMENTS channel, I had the following conversations, warts and alls, typos and “Poetic Licence” Inggeris et al, reproducing some relevant parts:

"desiderata said...
kyels:

thou maketh me blush singing my praises. I praise thee for your amended Blog's new design -- so designing and winningly swimming. That's to return the compliments on a sunny Sundae when I'm not just inclined to have a CON BF, also a steak for dinner with mGf just recovered from Haze-induced asthma, mama-mia!

Writing a post for Sunday is when I cruise along with my latest thoughts ... hope my rdears would cruise along and ne'er mind my ramblings


Yes, Nat King Cole says:

Ramble on, ramble on
When your rambling days are gone ...

I hope those days are a million dark years away. Kyels, brighten up my Chome for me eh with some LIGHT!
11:11 PM


sweetspirit
said...
Oh crickets if you like those creatures of night i'll sent you all of them that hide in my walls to my dislike.
I shall wish you a nice week tcz
11:46 PM


desiderata
said...
Hi ssssspirit:

I still haven't acquired our neighbur Thais' penchant for FRIED, or to chinamen like me, 'flied', crickets or locusts -- but if you should venture to fly some and it tastes AUSsome, send them over by Qantas, don't know if it'd be aloud to land in this Haze 9unless you throw in a fistful of AusD to the state chief!). Hey, we had some "snow" raining down on tropical PJ the other day -- was it also unwanted one sent down from Perth as pre-emptive striko?

peAce to Malay-Austra-sia?
1:32 AM


Kyels said...
Dear Desi,

Well, you don't have to blush because I praised you. Lols.

However, thanks for singing praises to me over my blog design but that should go to the real designer though. I took her design but I modified it a bit. :)

Well, we won't mind your ramblings Desi. Why on Earth should we mind your ramblings? You speaketh your thoughts and posted em in your blog.

Haha.

Btw, Sweet Spirit, do you have a blog? If you have, can I check it out and link your blog in mine?

Thanks. :)

Cheers everybody!!!
1:47 AM


desiderata said...
hi kyels:

SS resides at sweetspirits.blogspot.com -- visit her with songs and music, and some dance of life too. Send sum of my teh tarik, tell her I'm still waiting for her "filed" cricket!
7:09 AM "


IN AN EARLIER COURTSEY CALL AT KYELS, I READ HER PROFILE AND LEARNT SHE’S ONLY 19, STILL AT COLLEGE, AND I HAD COMMENTED THAT “FOR HER (YOUTHFUL) AGE, HER WRITING SHOWS MATURITY BEYOND HER AGE …).I GIVE YOU A HINT OF WHY I “BLUSH”, READ ON THE “SERIOUS” SUBJECT SHE TACKLED AT AN AGE WHEN I WAS EVEN SHY TO ASK THE GP TEACHER FOR A FORM 6 DISCUSSION IN MY NOT SO YOUNGISH DAYS:

WILL SEX SAVE A MARRIAGE OR DESTROY IT INSTEAD?
August 11th, 2005 at 12:07 am (My Thoughts)

***“Well, as we all know lust is a common feeling that resides in our souls. And each and every one of us has lust within us.
What I am going to blog here is a very subject topic which there will be no concrete conclusions for it because lusts, sex, obsessions, are subjective matters and it can be categorized under emotions.
So, back to the question that I have proposed earlier.

Will sex save a marriage or destroy it instead?

As I’ve said in my second paragraph, sex is a subjective topic in which no concrete conclusions could be made at the end of every debates or discussions about it. Well, sex is important in marriages, I don’t deny that but sometimes it tends to destroy marriagehood. “


For the rest, please visit the Young but no so IgnorantCoww at http://kyels.com and enjoy her newly designed home.

I added my Younger&Immature comment, subtly via Versifying thus:

1. ylchong said,

August 12, 2005 at 11:44 pm

Sex can be beaut, when love is blind
Sex also can be ugly when love is no more kind
God creates Man for many reasons
Woman too for all seasons
If two souls can unite as Heavenly1 in sex
Then let the duo be bathed in Ecstasy …
often preferable to less.





Now back to that Sweetspirit from Down Under -- with whom I have some "chemistry", mayhaps her Government paid my GAJI for 12 short years but did not grant me a PR (ah, I digress!)for my short service! She had bloged in mid-July saying she was taking A HIATUS, may not be coming back, a possibility ...


desiderata
said...
Hi ssssspirit:

I gotta a little surprised on your need for a Hiatus.

From today Monday July 25, I too statrted a weeklong hiatus from POLITICS Blogging. Overdosed on it, NEGATIVELY.

I shall venture into Laugher, Light and the kindred spirits terrain, so I shall visit vistas such as yours, but you take leave.

Go have a deserved break, abd come back HIGH-SPIRITED, OK? That's another rhetorical question!

7:17 PM

sweetspirit said...

Desi
I was just about to post n say i will be removing my blog n give blogging up.Plus i was thinking of you and the beautiful poem u left on my other blog. Considering your so wordly can you tell me if it is in fact true, that the word goodbye actually came from God Be With You .. As in God b with ye...

Well about coming back , i am not sure if i will .But will always log by your blog.Thanks for your comment n do take care

2:09 AM

desiderata said...
Hi sssssSpirit:

Yes. it's also GOD in GOoD people, and the word hiatus means "a break" -- so live up to your word NOT to close this Sweet&Spirited Blog!

Just share this Poem with thee (last persuade!):)


"It's just adieu"

I miss you so, my friend
A daily diet of AM
now is denied me

I miss the invigoration
The quality words
the beautiful lines


I hope AMigo
I'll see your face again
Smiling to greet me at early morn

I drank of your wine, made of
Grapes of soothing rhyme
Songs of knowledge sublime

But you said it's time
To ring down the curtain
As the money has run dry


I wish I could write out
A cheque for a million
To make you AM stay

I pray it's just adieu
And not goodbye.


(C)YLChong

PS: take as LONG (one of 3 names in me, so it's double meaning here)a break as you need,
Come back for more converse, Prose or Verse
11:05 PM


Methinks Desi has rambled on long enough, and NatKC has sung his number endless rounds reminding me, so:

I end today's conversations borrowing some wisdom from my “maiden” visitor who homed at Desiderata’s Place on the Ides of March and never failed to “drop by” for visits with her own nuggets inspiring me on many occasions; just one sample in touch with her at http://yancorner.blogpsot.com:)


Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Have a good sleep first



Lately, I am in a low valley, deep deep down. Today’s posting is pick up from Desiderata’s Let it be. (http://desiderata2000.blogspot.com)

Yes, there are many songs and music that comfort our soul in the low period –

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom let it be
Let it be..


Let it be …. That really gives openings to our hurts. And certainly, wise.

When I was younger, a group of friends used to say this – It does not matter whether there is one person more or one person less in this world. Life still goes on. Nobody is really that important. I begged to differ from them. I thought if there is no Battles, life still goes on, but something is missing. At least we would not have someone saying to us when we are down in a song – Let it be! Many people are actually angels sent by God to tell us – Let it be! Remember the Bible says this –

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it – Hebrews 13:2 NIV

I have a friend who went through many trials and tests in life, she loves “Let it Be” very much. I think it’s cool when she said –

Let it be, have a good sleep first….


PS: I often refer to yan as among mGf countable number among my fingers on two hands, hopefully proceeding to count the toes down there. I reprise the above without seeking her permission, but I know she will say, inc sync with desi, what’s a little playgiarythm among mGf in the plural? Yeh, LET IT BE …


PPS: I had wanted to link brudder Imran arlier, but he's an IMpish one, hiding behind nonsensical.drivel home whose name I had to play Robin Hood to reach, ah, finally at: http://time2rise.blogspot.com; I hope by 3.13pm as I write this update Bro IM is up and about, or you twangkaki again, this morni? oops, it's after-noon! Ne'er mind, just to reprise our cheeky converse when you upset me with your politically correct Hood tale killing off my childhood's memories:


desiderata said...

Maaalox?

Bruddder IM -- metinks you're a little high on it, writ(H))ing off Little Hood riding into the sunset,I must protesteth. And Granny not living to 80, that's cruelty to old folks, which is politically incorrect nowadys. I'll refer thee to the Society to Prevent Cruelty to Homo spiens. Stick to Tradition is better, that the woodcutter would chop off the wolf's head, and send it to the PWTC next year for all to see -- what a prize for the AP king, and they all can do the Modern Dances of the Wolves, with Red Riding Insides. Then we can all sing to APWolves -- AP Hood, AP Hood!.

6:52 PM


Imran said...
Desi,

Maalox, a cure for indigestion for the poor old wolf after eating Little Red Riding Hood.

Maalox is also useful for the Ordinary Joes, i.e. you and me, after reading all the scandals in our country, especially after consuming a Continental Breakfast which you like so much.

Nice way of relating the AP scandal to Little Red Riding Hood. Treat yourself to a glass of your Haridass teh tarik on my behalf!

9:44 PM

11 comments:

chong y l said...

Hi anonymous:

Don't know what msg you're sending here. I'm OK with strangers poping by for a teh=tarik but our conversations must be open and revelant - lah! I don't see how your ironman treadmill is reverant here, early visidar?

Sabrina Tan said...

seems like ur place has turned into a market place. perhaps shall name it YL CHONG's PASAR MALAM.

anwayz, thanks for quoting my blog. though, i got lost half way.
pardon me for being so pee brained.
too many things at one at the moment going on in my mind.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Blog! I added you to my bookmarks. Feel free to check out my blog on sony PS3 secrets anytime!

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi,

Geez. What is happening to your comment page? Seems like a place to advertise things and Sabrina's right, you can now call it YL CHONG's PASAR MALAM. Just kidding.

I just want to say, thanks for quoting my blog and I am blushing now. And I love all the other quotes. Really nice.

Well, have a nice Monday and take care. Till I hear from you again, peace out.

Cheers!

chong y l said...

Hi San & kyels: This is an SOS, these people must have read about OUR I-LAND piece and want a piece of the ACTion.

Pls do me a favoyr, Sab&kyels: Jointly set up a new blog, name it SabKyels-Place or KyelsSab-Place and both of you do te amrketing for Desi' Place and I'll be the Rent-Collector (Pak Lah will make an exception to this Rent-Seeking vbecause we are promoting that island of Terengganu.

Looks like the RM20 million dream is on the Horizon after all.


Seriously speaking, Sab, or Kyels, did you do your marketing THAT WELL? 'Wat's the 'sacred'?' -- please share with all the Hazey-line Islanders out here!

chong y l said...

Ooops, Sab! sorry for calling thee San (not yet there for sainthood, you're TOO YOUNG, queue up behind Desi, in front of kyels!;)

Sleepeth my mind: call the new BLOG
KyelsSab-YLChong Pasar Malam; or SabKyels-YLChong Pasar Malam -- both of you toss an Ausssie coin, ask ssssssSpirit to referee, my weakness.
As I saith earlier, theBard's disciple'll just sit back just to collect just RENTS -- ah, Our RM20million I-Land is just on the Near Horizon, not just Nyet!

(NB: 3.33pm local time, just don't want ssspirit thinkin that we Malaysians have nothin to do but just collect rents!)

chong y l said...

Yan - in touch:

I'm truly, thoroughly touched.


JUST OF GENERAL INTEREST TO PEOPLE, LIKE MOSES WHO ASKED "What's desiderata.truth all about?:
When I decided on using DESIDERATA as my blog's name, the meaning selected from the open field was "imperatives" or "essential features". Desideratum is the singular form, of course.

Another meaning for desideratum is "Of heart's desire, yearning,or longing ..."

From among myGOodfriends, I told her in confidence, because she asked for it, she was SEVEN, my fav number. Today I add:
desideratum.fRiendship can be counted on, but in value it is priceless&uncountable.

desiderata2000, I also shared with yan, will L'VE on even if there remains just ONE&lONE Reader. But I'm sure OUR I-LAND won't be THAT lONEly after 'THAT' PASAR MALAM gets into ACTion!

sweetspirits said...

You never fail to amaze me
About the love n lust topic kinda interesting i actually started a blog on the topic in april and haven't been there since .If you should get bored take a peek http://luvorlust.blogdrive.com/

Well are we going to decide on a name for our I-land or will it just be a cyber fantasy hehe.Okz i better go to bed soon.

tcz okz

chong y l said...

ssssspirit:

The lustOrluv journey was actually launched by new found mGf kyels -- so the amazing credit goes to theYoungOne.

"The YoungOnes, darlin' we're the Young Ones
and Young Ones, Shouldn't be afraid ..."

SSSSSspirit, you remember Sir Cliff's everyoung rendering...I'm sure...

On OUR I-LAND, now the endeavour depends largely on the YoungOnes like Sab & kyels -- we'll just go continue on thy AprilLuvOrlust hiatus ...

That honour of selecting The Name shall go to the one who returns with the most AUSD! Our target of AUSD20million divided by 2.5 is quite visible -- now THE HAZE is gone! -- on The Horizon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi,

Yeah. I agree with Spirit. A name for our I-Land. Woo hoo.

Hehehe.

Peace out!

chong y l said...

Kyels"

"Woo hoo" -- That's nice sounding name.

I know the meaning of the first one -- to chase after a gentleman (by a lady) or to chase aftre a gal (by a gentleman). I-landers don't want The Bard running all over the place looking for Desi -- No, I've 'nuff of studying olde English, tho Hishammuddin thinks otherWISE! (look at today's Aug 16 post...)