My Anthem

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Monday Morning Blues

This ia a Mornin Blues rambring, so be forewarned: if Desi does not make sense, it doesn't mean I've reached Stage SEVEN. Many of us nowadays protestheth too much the attainment of the age of "wisdom", damning that "s" word that rhymes with futility. SENILITY is not a very welcome guest.

So I won't spell it out to whom it refers, not even spill it out for a million hairs, though I'm partially bald. No, make that vely bald!

Do I digress even at the first paragraph? -- for readers I have conversations with intimately like those who I offer cyber teh tarik, they Always indulge me. For first-timers today, I'm definitely not 80! And even when I'm sixty-four, the Beatles assures me it's still okay to Do It!

Poor Michael Jackson, he's no more beating it, at what his age again? ... ah, Ne'er mind,forever young.

Now I quote from one of my fav authors, who entertains me with Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn No, it did not take place in Finland, nor in Neverland, but up and down the Mississippi River where the buffalo still roam .... Is Desi kidding, cowws and ships roaming down a River?

Ah, dear readers, exercise some imagination-lah,ken-or=not, even on Moonday, by the banks of the river-lah! Why need to be so dilect-one, imitating some pasar Chinamen spiaking Ingerris, or one KennySiah who committed hara-kiri by writing for a mainstream paper yesterday! (I saw it, I saw it, yelled some spoiled Sarawakian 'rat.) Desi vows they do NOT surf desiderata.english on Sundays, because their lapdogs have all gone for a walkie-talkie compulsory on that rest-day..

Yes, the quote from MARK TWAIN, on AGE:

Age is mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Many people, mainly the adults, wake up Monday morning wishing it was the day before, or the day before yesterday.

Rainy and Mondays always get me down, goes ... right down our blankets this morning.


Yes, the start of a working week to put bread and butter on the table. An essential task for most Malaysians, or even for the majority of the peoples all over the world, numbering mayhaps 90 percent of us, my hazardous guesss? Well, Mondays can be a joy for a lucky few -- those with li-i-i-ght feet and a light heArt who have made lIving and lOving an art. They then write books on Being Happy, Being light-fingered and Being S-miley:) and in do\triple-quick time make enough money-honey to default the cash registers, and keep a few bank counter girls truly happy. This species may account for about 5 percent.

Then the luckiest group of dammed all -- another 5 percent of 'em born in Disneyland with a Golden Spoon in the Mouth. Some also have spoons in their Ears, so they dont 'ear. They speak, they eat, they yell at those slow maids. They rest on Mondays through Tuesday, Wednurseday, Thursday, Flyday, and Saturday's Best! BUtt Sunday, ah, that's their day of bliss, and rest again.

This is the type of luxury for some rare species whom the Roman gods have blessed with their fathers' Midas touch. Boy, boy -- these kids shop at Harrods at every Semester break, throw in another weekend or2! Me, I'd be happy to just stroll along, and carry their bags, pick up the tips they throw into the air.


Take my word for it, the Jacko-nian world is populated by Malaysians too. My journalists-spies in London, Los Angeles, and Perth tell me they still use the greenback to light up their Mexican cigars (Greenspan must be spinning and whirling in his executioner's chair) , and the ladies-in-tow-and=awe are stark naked, safe/save daintily covered up with pounds, euros and, ah, Sin(g) dollars and Malaysian ringgit. Money they say has no colour, it sticks to a special type of body odour. Desi wishes he has that deodorant, and he'll share it with mGf in the plural! BUT HE MADE A MISTALKE intloducing himself when overseas as Donald Dumb! Chinamen when in foreign lands of10 are so awe-struck by the mat-Sallehs can't plonounce their "r"s and "l"s properly, and nine times out of10, start the day on the wlong leg with a Good Molling, Saay, but I digress!

So Good Morning, everybody, dear Esteemed Readers, let's get back to the serious business of L'VING!



Rainy Days And Mondays

Words and Music by: Paul Williams & Roger Nichols


Talkin' to myself and feelin' old
Sometimes I'd like to quit
Nothing ever seems to fit
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.

What I've got they used to call the blues
Nothin' is really wrong
Feelin' like I don't belong
Walkin' around
Some kind of lonely clown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.

Funny but it seems I always wind up here with you
Nice to know somebody loves me
Funny but it seems that it's the only thing to do
Run and find the one who loves me.

What I feel has come and gone before
No need to talk it out
We know what it's all about
Hangin' around
Nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down.



PS: So the CARPENTERS brudder Richard and sisdar Karen, are assuring us through Light&Easy that WE ARE NOT alONE with Monday Blues!

9 comments:

imran said...

Desi,

More serious issues being put forward. I for one have decided to take a brake, and write some fun stuff instead, you would have noticed it if you visit my blog.

Carpenters, good music. In to add to Rainy Days and Mondays, I would suggest Freddy Fender's 'Wasted Days and Wasted Nights.'

Anonymous said...

Dear Desi,

Have you been really busy lately?

I like the quote by Mark Twain. And I haven't been posting lately. My laptop ko-ed. Lols. I need to reformat it asap... All my docs are in there. Geez.

I've changed my blog add.. Just click on my name and it'll take you there. :)

Have a nice day Desi!

chong y l said...

imran -- it's good to swing between the highs and lows;
I tried happiness for SEVENdays, now I'm leaving it to the days' we(A)ther.

What goes up must come down -- the Immutable Law of Nature, or the Cycle of the Four Seasons.

I enjoy your fun and pun posts -- but I'm still waiting patiently for responses to those Ads!

chong y l said...

Kyels:
An answer to thy Q -- I'm not that busy that I can't post at least 1 item per day -- I set a record for yerterday with 1+1!

I'm sorry I pass'd the laptop "virus" to thee -- my dog walked off on AWOL (AwayWithoutOfficialLeave),& now yours decided to go for a holiday, luckily, it's just AOL (AwaycOfficialLeave).

Next brudder Imran's may just land up as another Curious Incident of that Doggie in the Nighttime! (I'm angry with him for making luvly Little Red Riding Hood another Dog-gone!)

Hey, Im(p) -- re-surrect that poorgal will ya. so our little kids can continue to live AP-ily ever-after.

Anonymous said...

Desi,

Hopefully I will be able to compile both essays together by the end of this week and send it to you. :)

Waiting for ur reply. Patiently.

sweetspirits said...

It is mind over matter my dear friend.
Sometimes the only answer comes from within.
tcz

chong y l said...

Hi sweetspirit:

HOPE everything is sailing Down Under
Up here it's still hazy mazy lazy
From Monday till Friday, then it clears Sat/Sundae
Malaysia and Australia have one thing at least common
They are damned bloody TakeItEzy and luckY!

You have lots of koala and sexy PA
We have lots of petrol and lots of AP people

From an InnerVoice...

sweetspirits said...

Hi Desi
Hehe well all is okz here ,although i have tonsillitis :(..So i just logged on 4 a sneek peek at ya blog.Heres hoping you enjoy your week n tcz

chong y l said...

Hinssssweet:

Did you need an OP?

This recalls meself at age 8 or nine; Mum took me alONE to the Ops theatre, and I underwent a sleep under ether.

Woke up from ethereal X[erience with 'nuff breath and energy to survive 4 decades tow rite and rite and right! I don't rant, want or can't!

Say fare thee well, with me, sssssspirit, to a girl/boy called tonsilitis!

Malaysians with asthma are now crying Mama-mia a lot these SEVEN days with the Haze (& polite politicians who keep MUM all the time!) turning Malaysia into a cloud number 666.

Ssssspirit -- Get thee well soon so you can drink our Teh Tarik -- mGf Haridas has kept a Nice&Warm one for you!