My Anthem

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

May Day! May Day!

From January to April
A writer can scribe on whim and fancy.
But when May comes around
The Muse and Inspiration abound.

I sauntered from civil to political sojourns,
Often it sinks the spirit amid woes and mourns.
The politicians preach but do not walk the talk
Expecting the Citizens to swallow all their poppy-cock


This month of smooching the magic of May,
I try to write of happier and optimistic days.
Still I meet more and growing dismay,
Yet I try best, crafting my poems in positive ways

But the past 30 days or so,
Did not instil in me much besides sorrow.
Fellow Malaysians question what's in for the morrow,
To survive now -- need to beg, steal or borrow?



DearFriends, don't ever fall into any Illussion,
That our troubles will be over through wishing and patience.
We need a GamePlan, we need a Leader with Vision,
SomeOne prescribed V2020, yet the Rakyat stagger on false medicine.

World petrol prices go up, logically it's good cheer for Malaysia,
We earn more from our oil resources, but They make our petrol costlier.
Pak Lah promised a cleaner, more accountable administration,
But after a year and six months of honeymoon, it's growing frustration.


So it's not happy days in May,
It's more like May Day, May Day!
The only option now is for People's Power,
For grassroot democracy to once again flower.

So dear one, somewhere find time to ponder
Don't leave the Quest to others, and just wonder.
On this significant date of May the thirty first,
SomeOneSpecial in Port Dickson is quenching some thirst.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about alcohol and drug addiction treatment and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about alcohol and drug addiction treatment so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!