My Anthem

Saturday, June 25, 2005

CAMERAderrie at the PPS Do

The skies did not open up
Everybod' of importance was there
In longs, minishorts or merely a cup
It's the PPS derring-do to dare or bear

Mack held court in the yarn yard
I even heard him discourse on Bard
JeffOoi the usual humble self was a wee bit late
He knows he's up for grabs, so much lately on His plate


At Charlie's Place I expected to be greeted by a dame
But alas, Des has no Tan Sri or Puan Si in front of H's name
So it's just merely formally signing in
Leave thy blogger's Name, 'tis not a Sin


And thus proud to be an Early bird
I thought I'd look for De Book Worm
Is she pretty, groovy, cookish I heard
I failed --mayhaps, another night, I'd learn

Settled with Pak Adib an engineer
A foursome we turned philosopher
Rosman Motor Kecik did not go boot-boot
Young Mustaffa theatre-man did not scoot

When a familiar tee-vee Smith appear'd
I vus wonderin' where Mrs Smith's hidden
I kinda like his flowing hair and hippie sound
Minus the video sreaming, but wide S:)m-i-l-e-s all around

Then the chow arrived smelling good and looking nice
I had ordered chicken but downed a lamb shank
Still it's the company that made it all chewy and spice
An hour late, Mus' pangs almost made him go blank

Then there was a yell
Time for 2nd B-Day celeb and swell
I heard female and feminine voices shouting
Ah its Keeny, Canny or Meanie Sia they're A-applauding

No coconuts fell at all
It's not Thaipusam, it's just PPS Ball
A cheeky masculine coitus interruptus the royal court
Asking to see 'staid The Little Bird, ken-or-not

I saw no faces turni' red, blue or black
A little buffonery, fun and pun, what the heck
Jeff as usual was all so subtle
Quoted Scarlett O'Hurrah N some Butler
Voted top in Ping-ing, second mostold profession
I did not know he's also into Mandarin, such confusion
Someone boasted Size Does Not Matter, it's the mind
Over matter, Cos +++IF you don't mind, It doesn't matter!

What, somebody couldn't care a damn
What Des writes prose of verse
Blogging may all be a scam
But still it's entertaining, light or terse

I heard the mention of mudpond somewhere
Bullied by a guy called Simon
But fear not Percolator, my dear
Better luck -- with my INsite help -- next year

So wine, wome, the birdday song did flow
I surely enjoyed the cameradearie
Maybe its all sound and fury
Dont take it so seriously
We can all do with a touc of humour
Trading insult, scandal or rumour

So till the same date come twenty-oh-sex
Let's do the Charlie Palace aG'in-N-Mess
Oops, I must apologise I did not record all names
Forgive me, we have many years ahead for such PPS games

PS:

+++ Borrowed from Mark Twain; Give credit where it's due!

PPS: Practising Giving credit ..." ---

Saudara Aizuddin
Amid all the nooise and sspin
My kudos and warmest pat on thy back
I just say: Terima Kasih
We really enjoyed, What the Hack!
And to Sdr Alex Lam
Pass me a pic, not not spam!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice....

percolator said...

haha... 'tis ticklish, desi!! where were you in the pics?

sultanmuzaffar said...

i'm still hungry...hahahhaa

suanie said...

*salute*

chong y l said...

Hi Anon:
Yes, Everybod' ws Beaut&Nice!
Percolator:
Noc pics, dont have Cannys tits!
sultanmuzaffar:
'Tis OK, company subs for the hungry!
suanie:
I spied thee from afar
Too crowded afield
I can only feel the fever
Of thy name that conjures up a-river

Yoong Family said...

good stuff man!

Berisman said...

I like your poem:-)
It is my pleasure to know you,sir.

--Adib

chong y l said...

Hi Yan:

Miss you tho,good soul from S'wak
Kenny was a hit tho, of' my mark.

Simon:

You've made amend
Like that also can/cun?

Hi Adib
Must consult thee on Islam more
A Sepet-spinoff ($$$-sign!) to score?

dr1/6 said...

wahlauwei~damn cekap larr you ;)

cheers~
sarah
http://www.tabulas.com/~shireen

chong y l said...

Sarah:

Cekap, cakap, tak tau bikin,
Sebagai menterilah, cakap, cakap,
Masa untuk gal-guy-dlm-bikin!.

Que-sera-SaRah
Jumpa 200-sex, Ia?

veii said...

Well met, good man.
Thanks for the note, methinks was left by the poet of PPS. Mucho Suerte