My Anthem

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

inSINcerity

What in my life's vocab is the greatest SIN of all?

My answer is inSINcerity among humans, especially those who call thee "f(R)iend"?

I have traversed this writer's path for some 30 plus years, and often friendsghip boils down to this TEST: Is that person sinCERE?

When I spelt the word in the UpperCase, it is meant to highlight the NEGATIVE; in the lowercase, it shows the normal human form where there is not doubt about it -- the question of honesty and goodwill towards one's comrade.

Those who have experienced the ups and downs of Life would easily grasp what I mean. For others, be patient and learn...

A mainstream paper columnist recently wrote, in tandem with a Sage's observation, that one would be lucky if you've gained in your lifetime a number of friends to equal the fingers in one hand. Hence I'm doubly blessed till now -- I think I can count up to a number maximised by the number of fingers in BOTH hands. I hope before I whispered my last breath, I would be triply or quadruply BLESS'D -- pray to God I do -- have proceeded to count the toes down there!


Meanhwiile,I spopil thy mood and peroceed to the Other Pole from Friendship -- drop the "r" and you'll comprehend -- here goes another ranting in Verse:

I Can't Stand

I can't stand his voice
Mouthing holiness without damned conviction


I can't stand his gestures
Patronising and agonisingly goofish

I can't stand his boastful tales
Self-promoting his own concoction


But most of all I can't stand
His back stabbing behind a smile

I guess I can stand
When he suffers jaw cramp
And his hand movements cease
And his voice falls silent


Yes, I will jump with ecstasy
When even the mirror
Cracks in horror
When the Moron takes a breather
To ask admiringly:
Am I the greatest of 'em all?


By YLChong


PS:
Please read a complementary piece "Tuning on life" on June 23, 2005 by mGf who has a great yen for life, with compliments of http://yancorner.blogspot.com

3 comments:

thquah said...

If you are sincere in doing anything for a friend it should come from the bottom of the heart.From the heart comes sincereity.

chong y l said...

Hi TH:

Welcome again, TH, always good to hear from you.

Yes, the most lifting moments come with doing things from the Heart. One just hopes the recipients responds in tandem with a heart too!

Anonymous said...

Hello desider a, been looking for the latest info on carbuncle and found inSINcerity. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.