My Anthem

Thursday, June 16, 2005

MJ's Court 's a Circus!

The newspapers headlines worldwide today sum it up in two words from his hit: Michael Jackson Beat It!

Beating it was overcoming week after week of circus acts that don't belong to a court. It has been one long circus parade or charade, good fro entertainment, none for education.

I won't detail any here because it's time wasting, energy-sapping and de-humanising.

Watching prime time news on TV3 last night, I would only highlight one NUGGET of WSIDOM from the mines of news reams and wordage, verbiage and millions and millions of line-age,im-age from Juror no. 10:

"What
mother in
her right mind
would allow that
to happen? Just
freely volunteer
your child to
sleep with
someone. Not so
much but
Michael Jackson
but any person
for that matter.
That's
something that
mothers are
naturally
concerned with."


Also, on Page 10, NST June 15, 2005

2 comments:

imran said...

I see that you've also chosen to jump unto the MJ bandwagon. All the radio stations have been talking about this topic to death the whole of today, and frankly it was getting unbearable.

Funny how they can go on and on about something that does not concern our country, but instead turn a blind eye to the happenings here.

The jury has spoken and the ruling has been made. Just accept the decision and move on.

I still see MJ as the man who touched many people across the globe with his music. I'll remember him for that, and to me he is still the King of Pop.

chong y l said...

Hi Imran, Glad to see you joining the "chorus" here.

Yes, one can't avoid the image of MJ everywhere in today's media - my post is just a record of an 'EVENT' and I think today's is the SHORTEST post in my exactly 3 month's of cyber-journey of write&rite.

Well,yes, let's enjoy the music!