My Anthem

Sunday, June 26, 2005

loVe

desiderata.english

Following is another perspective on that beautiful emotion called LOVE -- a youthful and wondering one -- on the intoxicating experience from a Malaysian student, SABRINA TAN, who is pursuing dentistry studies in New Zealand.

Something called LOVE

I don’t normally like to talk about this topic openly to people whom I am not close to nor people that I do not know at all. But I think it would be great now that I come clean with my views and my perception about this seemingly complicated issue that clouds most youngsters nowadays.

I don’t know whether to be happy about it, or to be sad about it really…because I think LOVE can go both ways. I wouldn’t tell you if I have ever loved someone, because that’s still one of my taboo topics that I impose upon myself at the moment.

Many people would say that love is such a hurtful feeling and it’s tormenting and it’s painful. Sure, we all go through all those feelings. I am not talking about pure ‘boy-gal’ relationship here. I am talking about every aspect of love here…from parents’ love, to friends’ love, to even owner-pet’s love.

The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 13: “Love is patient, love is kind, love protects, trusts, and hopes. Love never fails.” It also follows other stuff that I would leave it up to you to do your own research. I am sure everyone has heard of this before. You hear it at your neighbour’s daughter’s wedding, to movies like “ Jerry Macguire”.

But to be honest, does it really have all these qualities in life? Do we really do all these things in life when we are in love?

I find that it’s unfair that in a love relationship, we often find that one party gives out more compared to the other. It’s because love is never equal among the two people. One almost always loves the other more, it just depends whether it is worthwhile to invest so much time and energy on it.

I have not had many experiences in this arena compared to a lot of people my age. I have also experienced A LOT of failures in this arena as well. However, each time I would tell myself that I have to pick up the pieces and move on. It’s a struggle most of the time, and it’s not easy to get over someone.

Believe it or not, I still have faith in love, though till this day I haven’t exactly found the person that I should be with, but I like the experience. I believe that love can bring out the best in everyone. On normal days one can never be able to express the best that we can be, but when you love someone you would try so hard to be the best of who you are.

So, don’t give up hope on love, I wouldI believe that love can bring out the best in everyone. On normal days one can never be able to express the best that we can be, but when you love someone you would try SOOO hard to be the best of who you are.

You are so amazed at yourself sometimes of your capacity to give and care about someone. It’s the only time where you can exactly see COMPASSION

You stretched your limits just to hope that you would have an edge to win that someone’s heart.

You sacrificed your own happiness sometimes, just to give that special someone the freedom that he/she rightfully deserves.

So, don’t give up hope on love.I would say:
Rediscover yourself…..

5 comments:

Aurora said...

So YOU were the culprit who usurped the name i wanted ;-)
It was sheer serendipity which led me to your comment as I'm a complete IT-noramus who hasn't a clue about trackback or technorati or pinging or whatever. I first saw desiderata in a doctor's clinic years ago and I just fell totally in love with the sound of the word. Anyhoo, it's 12.51am and i'm absolutely braindead but i'm always keen to unscramble the minds of like-minded soulmates.

Dangerous Variable said...

Love = Lust: these are the times...

chong y l said...

hi bunnywunny:

remember the tortoise and the bunny race?
Too bad you played bunny, me I'm the desiderata.tortoise!
Anyhow, for certain subjects that you FEEL are better lodged at desiderata palace, welcome to be my GUEST BLOGGER; I'll return a favour when I feel like bitching! (Hey, this is on complimentary&complementary terms!)

Hey lowlyDangerous&highlyVariable!


If thy art a Juliet, and I fall in loov with thy bright blue eyes and soft wavy hands,and snaky-contoured body,

I'll NOT lust, I promise I'd just look from afar and drown in the spings of romantic longings of theLO'ely.

Would you reward me with a (re)partee with a long'' response?

Aurora said...

Not feeling particularly exhibitionistic so am going to be very economic with words here. Read your comment and would like to respond in like-minded fashion, but don't have ur contact. So... how?

chong y l said...

Hi BunnyWunny:

Desi's contact, occasionally sprinkled among the flowers, buds, and soil around my cyber plants here, is Email: chongyl2000@yahoo.com.

I share my Desis' cyberhome with thee, you're esp Velcome in Verse.