My Anthem

Saturday, June 04, 2005

CHERISH

GUEST BLOGGER Sabrina Tan shares her thoughts with us again -- this time in a Poem -- which strikes a chord in Desiderata's heartstrings. Welcome again to YoungSabrina taking time off from her Dentistry studies in NZ to share with us Verses to Relish.So


Cherish!


I am sorry if I hadn’t shown you

That I appreciated you

Though I may seem like I don’t

But deep in my heart

You always have a special place in my mind




I took it for granted

That you are always going to be there for me

But you aren’t

We change

People change

Relationships change

Circumstances change



Whoever you may be

Wherever you are

I just want you to know

That I shall always cherish you in my heart




Someone once told me

Life is like a train

Your friends are like the passengers on the train

They get on and off at different stops



Some are going to be there with you

Through the end of life

But most aren’t

Some are staying longer than the others

Some are just there for a stop



However they are there to teach you something

To show you something

To open up your eyes to things you haven’t seen

To make you feel the emotions that you would never have felt



Cherish them while they are there

Hold on to their memories

Cling on to them as if they are of gold




And cherish them I did

And cherish them I didn’t

I was holding on to them so tight

But Life told me to open up my hands

“ Let the butterfly go

It’s time for it to climb out of its cocoon”



Reluctantly I opened up my palms

And there I saw

You slowly flying out of my palms

Soaring up high above the sky

To where you are meant to be




Go, my friend

Be happy

Be sad

Be angry

Be thankful

Be young

Be wise



But most importantly

Be yourself

And hope that you will not forget

This old friend of yours

And the memories that we both had

No comments: