My Anthem

Friday, June 24, 2005

Rachel Got It Right!

A YoungReader, I guess she's a student, named RACHEL, was the first to respond to my TEAser-CHALlenge, and she's GOT IT RIGHT!

From the lady's own words:

My mummy asked me to correct the English of the first prize winner of the Star's tribute to fathers.(Sunday Star, June 19, 2005) I have tried my best -

He simply LIVED in a world of poverty,
But didn't once demonstrate he WAS in agony.
A filial son to his family,
Our well being is his destiny.
Daddy always gives us his best,
Never FAILS to contribute to the rest.
A figure to boast,
A father I NEED most.

However, it still does not make much sense to win such a big prize.

Rachel, 14

Desiderata's response first noted in Comments: Hi Rachel, plus her Dear Mum:

Congrats for your response, and getting it right and explaining it well.

If thou honour me by writing me at Email: chongyl2000@yahoo.com, I'd like to forward thee a romance novel (autographed too by the author herself!). Idunno about fwding the 2 teh tarik for Mum's initiative and Rachel's time and effort in spotting the "winning" entry with all its flaws and howlers!

PS:
I also renew my challenge here to Readers to solve the TEAser puzzle on an earlier Post. Another prize of an autographed hrad-bound copy of the Author's collection of exquisite essays on Poetry awaits thee! To know what the challenge is all about, please read desiderata's Post of April 1, 2005 -- yes, All Fools' Day! ENJOY! ENjoy! enjoy!

No comments: