My Anthem

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Voices from Within

A former PM warns that Corruption has become a culture
The people Know who the lambs are, but Not the Vulture
He said 'twas corruption under the table
Now it's above the table level

My inner voice tells me somethin' is not right
SomeOne ruled for 22 years with claimed vision and and might
Telling us now that thatlong a gestation period from under to above
For that bug of corruption to finally come into sight

The Other Voice took office from November 1, two-Zero-OH-three
I for one had hoped he could attempt to set us a "little" free
For he vowed his team would fight Corruption tooth and nail
But alas the earlier Voice declared 'tis now on a higher scale

Somethin' somewher' is not right
Could it be me hard of hearing?
Or is it my Mr Average Citizen's heartstring
Fearful that that earlier Voice is Still/Steel/Steal Might?

No comments: