My Anthem

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Deadline Relief

Three long months of slogging
Enjoying midnight quiet but for the music
Even the neighbour's dog takes a breather
Howling at the moon or some unseen ghosting

Sometimes bumping into walls of questioning
Is this useful exercise?
Words don't flow easily tonight
Yet the deadline creeps nearer

My computer screen remains blank for minutes
Nay, sometimes hours
While Faith Hill serenades me with C & W courage
Tonic to my unsettled mind and nerves
Trying to put prose to poetry
Or is it the other way round?

But once the Inspiration comes
Streams of ideas flow like sweet wine
Breezy phrases, words so sublime
Today my Muse enters my soul
No wall can stop me, no wind so cold

Just my Muse and Me
I hear my heart singing
I just unveil my inner Voice
I'm liberated, I'm soaring
Across the sky shouting
My story so far Untold.

2 comments:

imran said...

I wonder why the sudden change of direction in your blog? However, it's nice reading about your posts. Keep it up!

chong y l said...

Hi Sdr IMran:

You're so astute and alert that you saw the "change in direction"! I owe thee a Teh Tarik if you should pass KL or Seremban way!

Can you please be Patient as I linger in Verse for as long as my Mood and INspiration hold me HOSTage?!

Read Tuesday's post 24 May 2005, and also some comments in my Intro in earlier Posts, you get some hints, about the Magic of May, may I?