My Anthem

Sunday, May 08, 2005

A Salute to Mum

desiderata.english

A dedication to a Special Day in May. By right, this same spirit should hold true in our hearts EveryDay. Now I understand a little more why May earns more dedications than any other months of the year, especially by Poets -- I hope this Ehrmann aspirant is included -- and so I enhance the popular tradition.

Salute to Mum EveryWhere

We stumble, we fall
We run to her, with problems big or small
SomeOne who’s always there on call
To caress us without question, warts and all.
We tell her our small secrets
Her smiles multiply our joys
Confide in her your first kiss maybe, your regrets?
Your tiffs with this gf, that bf & some tom-boys?
My Mom has moved on
To a better place I know
But everyday, every waking hour
Or when I’m at rest
I know she watches over me
That I’ll be out of harm’s way.
We all know with Mum around
A house becomes a universal home
She may be by your side
Present, or Unseen
She remains Everyone’s FirstLove
Constant, caring and evergreen
So on this SpecialDay in May
Let’s Salute Mother everywhere for her guiding,
Loving, tendering, and caring
AlWays the Best, that’s Mum’s Way!
Remember her EveryDay with a grateful heart
Say Go’dnigh’ with a warm kiss and a big hug
O Mom, ‘tis a small prayer of praise for thee
Keep a watchful eye o’er me.


YLChong

No comments: