My Anthem

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Make not a fool of thyself ...

Of all the sayings on Fools, I pick this one for my partial title for Post today.

Make not a fool of thyself, to make others merry.
+++ Robert Burton, The Anatomy of Melancholy II.3.7

A follow-up to yesterday's post on a senior Minister-Opposition Leader exchange with due respect to the ACA regarding RM99 small change (oops! million follows the 99!), theSun updated us kindly with a page 1 story headed Lim lodges report on Parliament renovation. I quote:

PUTRAJAYA: Conflicting figures given by two ministers on the cost of renovation on Parliament building have prompted MP Lim Kit Siang to lodge a report with the Anti-Corruption Agency (ACA).

He said yesterday that Works Minister Datuk Seri S. Samy Vellu had given the sum as RM60million and Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Nazri Abdul Aziz RM85million.

Desiderata:I won't detail such stories any longer because I have grown quite wearied by them all. Is this present report going the way of the 18VeryVeryImportantPersons later amended to read as 18VeryVeryHighProfileGroupsorOrganisations? I continue to add on to PakLah's Laments, the avearge JoePublic's too.

Just round up with another wisecrack:

A rogue is a roundabout fool.
+++ Coleridge: Table-Talk, Jan 4, 1823

No comments: