My Anthem

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Limericks -- Tongue in Chick?

I'm so happy to have some fun from GUEST BLOGGER gingerly entertaining us with, yes, several cheeky Limericks. So continues steam of posts in Verse, and I thank one alert Reader who wrote in to ask why there has been a "change in direction" ... I'll answer the RM64 question maybe before the week is out. Meanwhile, have some Fun, or is it Pun?



There's an art in Penang
Where hibiscus is made from tin-cans
A councillor calls it art
Ratepayers scream it's smut
A critic spewed his guts.

The councillor says Penangites are not smart

They do not appreciate fine arts
However we know its insane
It's 360,000 ringgit down the drain
The ratepayers are now suffering in pain.


The queue is 5 km long
We pray the bridge is strong
"You don't need another link
We can't afford this thing"
Uncle Samy is the King.


Come one, come all

Come out and have a ball
Welcome to Bolehland
Where rules can be bent
And anything also can.



Desiderata:
Thanks Ginger for giving us such pleasure and enjoyment. I'd offer thee Teh Tarik when you pass my way, It's sungguh Menarik on the highway and byway!

6 comments:

imran said...

I've been studying all night and I'm tired,
But I can't sleep because I'm so wired.
So I'll play on the net
'Stead of going to bed,
And my tests will seem a quagmire

chong y l said...

Hi Saudara Imran don't worry
My verses will keep thee company
Have you guess'd yet why I cahnged direction
May is the magical Reason
Thou know the Muse in Season

You' frien' Des'
Als' in a Mes'
You and your tests
Me and my pests
It's alright We're Kickin'&Alive
That's sufficiently bless'd

imran said...

Shouldn't it be Tongue In Cheek? I am still trying out to figure the reason for the change. I noticed that some words are capitalized and some or not. Does that have to do with anything? And also I'm confused about the Muse in May. Maybe I'm not deep enough to decipher the underlying meaning.

chong y l said...

Sdr imran:

I'm adding to my conversation after posting May 26's rumination, it's ESSENTIAL reading for thee, and for this, you owe me a cuup of tea!

Don't be too serious-lah! I like to pull some legs once-in-a-why; I hope I guess right you're male ...

Now you forced my hand -- I used Chick to hint at the poet's gender; tho most could have guess'd GINGER is of the fairer (I like this definition, even in this age of equality, tho some feminsists somewhere'd protest!)

As for Caps (not French, a poet's Licence!) and lowers or downers are just Word-Play, like this Aren'tWer!

imran said...

Err...do you see any female Imran's walking around?

chong y l said...

Imran: in Blogosphere one can never be sure who's wearing the skirt and wielding the power. I must NOT assume gender by sound, someone may protesth too much, and there's no hell like a woman unrecognised! Pls Readers, don't take Des too seriously, we do have time for laughter, don't we-wee?