My Anthem

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Try to Remember

Today I received some bad news
Some sad news
I wish instead it was some glad news
Even mad news

But life is not always a smooth ride
We must learn to flow with the tide
There are dangers lurking
Accidents are always happening


Plans go awry
Someone fails to deliver
We still must try
Around corners to manoeuvre

Just exercise more care
Just watch every little step
When venturing out be more aware
Mind every minefield on the map


Just try to remember
To begin each day
With a little prayer
Of thanks we're still here
The morrow's cares can come later

So tonight
It's right
I shall remember

My friend in prayer

We have a rendezvous
We await September
'tis the season of sweet refrain
Friends -- That's when we'll meet again!

Desiderata especially remembers some GF (in the plural) -- some truly have treated me more than I've treated 'em as a Gem.Thanks.

Giving credit where credit is due, I was reading Sabri Zain's Face-Off in which the Inroduction quoted a line which is used at today's Post Title; more is shared here as it's that month of great personal significance in my life, young or old:

Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh, so mellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When grass was green and grain was yellow


Do you remember 2nd September? or 911? Just send me comments of what you remember of these two dates, will you?

No comments: