My Anthem

Monday, March 19, 2007

Moving On...NegaraKu

Sometimes I am amused by the general populace ranting against the government of the day as if they did not have any role in electing the same government into office for the past (how many general elections?) 50 years. I will bet my last ringgit (not 20million nyet!) that after the next General Elections (my prediction is to be called by Pak Lah mid-2008... *Yes, he will enable past DPM Anwar Ibrahim to contest!), the 14-member BN Coalition will continue to rule. It's not to govern, but rule by decrees and dictates as the citizenry asked for it, and the Governent has obliged the past three years under Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.


* Now you ask why would the Prime Minister want to give Anwar a chance to contest?

Because of two main reasons:

1. It would reflect well on the so-pronounced God-fearing leader, that he's generous of heart.

2. It would enable Pak Lah (the shrewd and silent one) to gauge Anwar-PKR's position and status among the chiefly Malay constituency who will determine the government of the day. If Anwar-PKR perform well, UMNO led by Pak Lah will have to deal head-on with ex-DPM Anwar to see how another Malay-majority-based pary can be accomodated.

If Anwar-PKR perform badly, well, it's another feather to Pak Lah's cap. It would also once and for eternity silence chief critic-from-within former PM TUN DR Mahathir Mohamad.

I am analysing the situation as objectively as I can, more from the point of view as a journalist, though I have declared my stand as a PKR supporter for "some time". Let me state for the record I was on-and-off (when journalism workplaces allowed it) a card-carrying member of the Opposition party/ies for as long as I can remember.

I beseech my EsteemedReaders who have not regsitered to vote -- DO SO NOW.
The next General elections may be called any time now, at the whims and fancies of the Sleeping Beauty. (But better a Rip van Winkle than a dictatorial and ill-performing Robert Mugabe, yes?I don't know the relevance of this aside. YTou ask Desi, who'd Desi arse?)

To the Barisan Nasional, I beseech the leaders, CONTINUE WITH YOUR PLUNDER (Sabah CM Musa Aman, Selangor MB Khir Toyo and cronies like Zakaria M(a)d Deros et al) and MULTIPLY YOUR ANTICS (Tengku Adnan Mansor, ZAM; Samy Vellu, Keng Yaik and Fu Ah Kiow, et al), hear me?

As for PKR, DAP and PAS: JUST GET YOUR ACTS TOGETHER-lah, for NegaraKu sake.
Everyone has its partisan interests, no doubt, but visionary leaders know when national interests must sub-ordinate party's. And in the interests of the Rakyat and NegaraKu, Anwar and DAP SG Lim Guan Eng and PAS leader Nik Aziz must subsume their party's and personal interests for a common goal to defeat the ruling BN.

To fellow Malaysians:
DO THY DUTY, TO YOURSELF and NEGARKU. Don't sit on the fence. Don't continue to rant against the ruling Government, yet cross against the Dacing! Don't give lame excusess like "Better the Devcil you know...",
and asking rhetorical/acadmice questions: Will Anwar-PKR be better or worse than the BN? How could the DAP work with PAS?...ad nauseum

YOU EITHER GIVE "CHANGE" A CHANCE, or HOLD THY TONGURE AND REMAIN SILENT FOREVER!



There is just one or the most two occasions in the elctoral horizons where Malaysians still have a chance to move back from the slide towards the Edge. Can we arrest the slife before the whole nation goes over into the Abyss?

Can we Move On from waste and plunder into a state of sanity and light that we -- a resource-rich nation -- may yet fulfill te potential of being advanced and great?

Malaysians seek that more economically and socially equitable, ethnic-unbiased, and religion and colour-free nation, where for everyone called a MALAYSIAN, there's:


"A place in the sun"


Stevie Wonder

Like a long lonely stream
I keep runnin' towards a dream
Movin' on, movin' on
Like a branch on a tree
I keep reachin' to be free
Movin' on, movin' on

'Cause there's a place in the sun
Where there's hope for ev'ryone
Where my poor restless heart's gotta run
There's a place in the sun
And before my life is done
Got to find me a place in the sun

Like an old dusty road
I get weary from the load
Movin' on, movin' on
Like this tired troubled earth
I've been rollin' since my birth
Movin' on, movin' on

There's a place in the sun
Where there's hope for ev'ryone
Where my poor restless heart's gotta run
There's a place in the sun
And before my life is done
Got to find me a place in the sun


You know when times are bad
And you're feeling sad
I want you to always remember


Yes, there's a place in the sun
Where there's hope for ev'ryone
Where my poor restless heart's gotta run
There's a place in the sun
Where there's hope for ev'ryone
Where my poor restless heart's gotta run
There's a place in the sun
Where there's hope for ev'ryone...



UPDATEd @3.43pm:

Now be a good boy or obdient galguide, surf to anwaribrahim.com
to view a 3-1/2 minute-video~~~~~~~

SUPPORT A NEW MALYSIA


___________________________________________________



March 19th 2007

Keadilan to Focus on Economic Growth, Institutional Reform and Tackling Corruption
Tom Burgis

Financial Times, London

Anwar Ibrahim, the former golden boy of Malaysian politics, said on Thursday he hopes to stand for prime minister in elections that could be held by the end of this year.

The former deputy prime minister spent five years in prison convicted of sodomy and corruption after accusing his government colleagues of graft.

In an interview with the Financial Times, Mr Anwar said he would stand in May for the presidency of the opposition Keadilan party, a post currently held by his wife. He said he would seek the premiership in elections late this year or early next, provided he wins the backing of his party’s allies.

(Go to the ex-DPM's weblog for mo... and Desi will bribe thee with a goblet of tehtarik;
if you're not carrefool, you may succumb to UMNO's 3Cs instead!
myGOoDfriend quite used to SUE-ing in a bengkok city offers a C4:)
IF you want to know Amore, go to Arabian 1001 Nights @sloone.wordpress.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will vote as usual. But I know SPR will help BN to cheat.

TH said...

I can officially vote now!

But I'm not at home.

Overseas vote don't count right?

Anonymous said...

I am a registered voter and I am overseas. So how do I go about casting my vote for the next GE?

chong y l said...

moo_t:

we all know that the SPR is not totally independent and answers much to the Government which pays its salaries. Wella, the Rakyat then should VOTE FOR CHANGE!

The worst case is filure to register for those who are qualified, and for those who have registered, for failure to votes on polling day.

Hey, we owe it to ouselves to do the minimum of our duties as a Citizen of NegaraKu.

I hate those who know just how to grumble and complain but when GE comes around, they won't take the trouble to spend just an hour to go to the polling booth. Such people desseve the shenanigans they get served by the BN 'idiots...Ooops, replace last word with 'ideal' Wakil Rakyat, only during the campaign period-lah!

chong y l said...

twisted heels and imran:

welcome to the 21+ Club where Desi belongs. Put thy cross against Desi's nama eh?

chong y l said...

PS to Theels and Imp:

I think you should be able to REGISTER at the Malaysian High Commission/Embassy nearest you.
Howsy.blogspot.com has a Post just a few days back advising about the procedure! Tell him I referred thee, and give him a frying kiss on my behalves!