My Anthem

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Blooming youth, wasted youth?

i see a rainbow
colours

exuding beauty
lifting my heart's wavelengths
to dance in tandem with its spectrum
of youth gathered to protest the toll hike
to protest the landpressed squatter huts being demolished
by uncaring warlords -- landlords
in cahoots with councilmen with slippery fingers


i see a cesspool
murky waters

myred by effluents from progressive investors
building large chemical progressive factories
motivated by love for the country


but
at nightime

when only seeing lampposts shine their light
they discharge wastes from the chemical plants
killing off Mother Nature's greens
wasted youth
hanging out at Internet cafe
plying their foul language
pitting their adept fingering skills
killing off imaginary foes

another slew of F-littered words let fly
marking high scores
by wasted youth


a common interest
in wasted

factories of idle mind
grabbing entrepreneuring landlords
investors with the future of young minds in mind
it's plunder first
the young minds can pay later
wasted environs
like a cesspool
a tiger machine arcade
and a dank, dark Internet cafe


where doing my blogging, i seem an alien
from another age
of another Youth?


10.45am
sundae inter:luding


PS or izzit BS?
to meself lest I forget:

I 'rite a poem
w'ile thinking of the recent happenings
in NegaraKu
I see much pessimism
yet i see Hope because I also see Youth
composing rainbows
in my heart-land


This composition on the spur of a sundae morn
is dedicated to Young&Articulates like
Nat Tan
Freelunch2020
polytikus -- mousey like Desi?
johnleemk
kyels
sabrina tan
imran
primroses
Twisted Heels


and sirprise, sirprise
twisted minds like
NSTman
Zorro
AweOfHelen
Howsy
Maverick
MIA -- AM?
xpyre minus da d
sloone

:
:
:
(Drums roll&rock!)
did I 'ear
DEsiderata2?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have wasted more than 50 years of existence.
Life is but a walking shadow
It is a poor player
strutting and fretting its hour on the stage
It is a tale told by an idiot
Full of fury
Signifying nothing.
THE ONLY THING THAT HAS KEPT ME GOING IS THE BEATLES

Helen said...

Ooops, exceeded Y&A age limit and now in league with twisted minds lamenting wasted youth. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Desi,

I am no longer Y&A as i just turned a year older last week. I am praying for a change in NegaraKU, and it's an eye opening experience reading Syed Akbar Ali's 'To Digress A Little' book.

Anonymous said...

tks for the lovely sunday poem..it's nice :D tks tks tks....meet up soonest?

chong y l said...

philip yong:

welcome thee -- first timer hear yes! -- wit' tehtarik; sext visit I gift thee Rut Bir!:)

chong y l said...

nstman:

You are indeed sunk into Beatles brew eh?
No worries when we meet up, we will wise up and do some sober numbers like Eight Dies A Week -- we work one day, sing a 'hole blardy weak!:)

"THE ONLY THING THAT HAS KEPT ME GOING IS THE BEATLES" -- I am not so sunken nyet -- I still have Cybil ShepherdESS + Nicole KidWOman; come join US -- four is more than a row!:):):):)

chong y l said...

Helen + Imran: You both trade places can. I'm hung in suspension, don't know whether it's UP or DOWN the staircase.
Or iszit lavatory/purgatory between H'aven and Hella? Luckily I have NSTman for CO!:(:(
"Et tu, xpyre+d?"

chong y l said...

2020freelunch:
Tks for APpreciating the pome; I did not lace it with ..SEN.. thou the scene at PD on Sundae is alluring and Sinnic!:) Hahaha hAAAAAAAA -- you rub off on Desi Hahaha hAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PS: When I recoiver from laffter, I'd call thee from SubangBERjaya wedNURSEdie!

Anonymous said...

you are, as always, far far too kind desi-san!.. but humble thanks nonetheless... :)

Arena Green said...

So you caught on that I'm not so Y&A, eh?? I was going to hide in the bushes for a bit longer but one SO-LO came and disturbed my peace & quiet. And got me coming here to read a sweet dedication from this uncle (heheh .. I get a kick out of this, that I am still entitled to address you respectfully due to our age difference.) Thanks Desi for keeping me in your thots and knots.

Oh well, I wasted my youth but am I glad I am still a-blooming like beautiful helen. Yeyy to women power and all the anti-aging gobs we slather on ourselves!! :D

chong y l said...

nat:

You Y&A (like johnlee&freelunch 3)deserve the credits I put in words; one day when you guys are in a position to dish out Tun-ship, I wanna A*1,000,000-tonweight cruiser like Q Elie II(I)?
OtherVice, golden perahu oso can-lah.:) as long as it can tahan the SoSamy!

chong y l said...

anak merdeka -- where did you run to for MIA hydeout? With another Dr Jeckal?

Age, what age art thou referring to? I was saying Young&Art, or Young@heART!:) Same, sama.

Anonymous said...

nat told me when i got back that you wrote a poem and dedicate to us young and articulate youths with names mentioned and all ... i was like "no way".

lol. great job desi! looking fwd to seeing you soon :)

chong y l said...

polytikus:

The dedi is not all altruism-inspyred
I'm betting on YOU Y&A when I'm retyred
that when the recturm is stretched and myred
in cobwebs, by Y&A I'm re-wyred:)


PS: See you people at HOWSY's initiate-greAt Do-DO for bLoggers, COMING to the theatre nearest YOU!:)

+Nat&PolyT+:

If we can't log the timber
we might as well bLog A timbre!:)