My Anthem

Monday, March 26, 2007

I hear on the blogger gripevine...

Ooops, it's grapevine, my knotty fingers in a hurry...
that one Malaysian based in London is planning a BIG -- or small also can! it pays more -- do for SoCo Bloggers in May, to commemorate our very own Media Day!

Visit howsy.blogspot.com and see if you squeeze aMore juice out of the newly minted Doctor. No, this Doc is not for healing the body kind. The biology type -- like finding that Elixir of Life, or maybe something to outshine Tongkat Ali/Elie. Or more macrebre-ly,The Island, remember? SENsintrovert's a movie buff himself -- if you're lucky, catch him in the buff at his Movie blog!

Meanwhile, I am rushing some deadline, which as is usual of journalists, is pushed to hardpressed printer. Just a hint of what that's awe about:



Saying Adieu to May

As May comes to a close
Despondency descends like bad weather
For 'twas on a bright May morn
That an angel arrived on the wings of a flower

So every May dawn breaks
With a shy, quiet smile
Gives a lift to sagging spirits
Makes light the burden on my shoulder

Pettiness of man waves goodbye
And purity of friendship warms the heart
But when tomorrow comes, I bid adieu
Till comes again May, my dear


TEASER: This poem was written end-April 200S'X;
anticipating the arrival coming May! let's do a re-mix:)

Herman Hermits vow: "I'm Into Somethin Good"
my dear EsteemedReaders, For thee too, I'd provide the mood
If thou would join the merriment and solidarity
Bloggers United gathering, "Getting to Know You", I would

On eve of May 3 -- World Press Day
Bloggers too long to belong if we may
Come one come all, full of awe --
We celebrate at LakeViewClub hall?

_________________________________________



Relief

Long lonesome months of slogging
Enjoying midnight quiet but for the music
Even the neighbours' dog takes a breather
Howling at the moon or some unseen ghosting

Sometimes bumping into walls of questioning
Is this useful exercise?
Words don't flow easily tonight
Yet the deadline creeps nearer

My computer screen remains blank for minutes
Nay, sometimes hours
While Faith Hill serenades me with C & W courage
Tonic to my unsettled mind and nerves
Trying to put prose to poetry
Or is it the other way round?

Finaly, I hit the word count button
22,318 is the magic figure
I only need 15K for my mistresspeace
What a relief!


Copyright 2007 Chong Yen Long

No comments: