My Anthem

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Call of the Faraway Hills

If you miss me
Just turn to a page of poetry
Then read ALOUD
I'm beside thee
List'ning to thy music
E'en your heart beats
And my spirited will be lifted
As the poet's words to us are gifted
Without any DOUBT
~~ Desi


Wanderers



A clear, cool night. I have been reading,
but the thoughts of man do not solace me.

I raised thec curtain and looked at the moon,
clear and silvery; and I brushed
some of the unrest out of my mind.
I know all the theories of the moon.
There have been times when the symbols
of science have robbed me of some of its
mystery and charm.
But no one can explain the moon any
more than a grasshopper can explain me.
In youth, the moon promised too much.
But now I understand better; that was not
the moon's fault.
Also the moon and I have this in common:
we both are wanderers across the night.


By
Max Ehrmann


To one Joe.psc, who composed like it's for me ~~

" The Veranda
(Poem)


A new dawn broke with its first golden beam,
piercing dense foliage of spreading trees,
in a cold morn smoking low misty fumes,
shrouding sandy beach by the scenic sea.


O What a day sitting at the veranda !
sipping hot black coffee along with breakfast,
let eyes and mind wander far mountains yonder,
ever scrubbed by bobbing water of sea vast.


Bright sunlight struck with heat upon leaves and grass -
cold, smooth, wet, and heavy with night's dew laden -
that welcomed the warmth of sun as morning last,
to help rid their faces of dewy burden.


Night tide had receded into boundless sea,
towards the far horizon's mountainous range,
leaving to early birds a muddy shore free,
to scavenge alongside swampy creatures strange.


:
:
:
Desiderata responded with~~



it's also for Desi the call of the Faraway Hills

After picking sea shells on the sea shore
Barefoot dancing over hot rocks and needdly pebbles
Chasing after mudskippers we kids thought were ffflying fish
And wondering how come star fish would no swim round and round

Joe. thanks for bringing back the sun
even at twilight time
Hot scones with generous toppings of peanut butter
Oh, tehtarik piping hot on a cool windswept evening
That's heaven on earth
I'm glad we can still put in words
Such ecstasy


Monday, July 31, 2006 12:06:02 PM




If you still miss me,
PONDER and then take flight with
The Little Prince


And now here's my secret,
a very simple secret.
It is only
with the heart that
one can see rightly.
What is essential is
invisible to the eye.


by
French author Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.



12.10AM
August 1, 2006

6 comments:

Helen said...

You know I'm not the puisi puisi type. But the one at the very top I like very much coz it has a tinge of erotism. Goes well with the dream I had last night.... Woke up blushing ler...

Wait, is that a right word??

chong y l said...

helen:
I think you overdos/z-ed on DH Lawrence. It's OK - the lust time I heard, you're over the age of ascent. LOL.

Blushing -- I don't remember using any 4-letter words? But my brain cells suffer from poor recall...

About that brain prans-plant, can still arrange -- Desi wants to be having Dr Yang Chen-Ning's IQ, also that cool assistant!:)

Helen -- I don't believe in "right" word, LEFTist, remember?

Maverick SM said...

When did you become a poet? Remain a politician or a political writer.

chong y l said...

mave sm:
YL is a sort of chameleon (Helen: Check sperring!).

Try It sometimes, brudder, it gives you a HI higher than Syabu/ecstasy!

"GO PLACIDLY amid the noise and the haste ..."
Desiderata's tagline, remember?

PS: Someone did also say: Politics is the opium of the common people -- so there is the common denominator with Puisy. Like dada/H! addictive.

JOEPSC said...

Desi,

You really need a good rest; your mind and heart deserve one to recharge you with new inspirations. Just let your spirit free to roam the hills that constantly beckon you with an elusive dream, and yet, you'll find some measure of happiness!

chong y l said...

joepsc:

you read Desi's mind so cleverly
and never miss'd a Q!

Thanks for "stealing" your lines
without permit
But as they say:

All is fair in love and war
And theft is a sort of war?
Anyway/s/z, Belated thanks with a tankfool of tehtarik!