My Anthem

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Somethin' Light,

And Somethin' Heavy, later?

Sometimes after BF, I surf JeffOoi's to find out the latest HOT topics whirling in Blogoisphere. On laidback Tuesday, quite cool and not persdpiring though I started 'late', I put my legs up for a leisurely BF with my morn papers. No 'U' for moUrn which often is the case with malaysiana-itis because finally the PM broke his trademark "silence" with a V! -- also no CON today as last Sunday passed less than 48 and I'm suffering from an overdose of peaNUTS butter -- so later, I surfed my Sifu's Blog and had to enter the ring of CONversationists to lighten up tghe match featuriong~~

Guna & "Media-and-the-Political Masters" Syndrome




Is the Malaysian Society prepared for total Press Freedom? NO. It is already obvious that many Malaysian bloggers have appointed themselves as Crusaders for ‘exposing’ Malaysian Govt. ‘misdeeds’. The power hungry politicians of the Opposition parties & people with vested interests have started attacking the Govt. through these ‘righteous’ bloggers. Do we Malaysians have to wash our Nation’s dirty linen on the net for every political Mongrel, the likes of the Retard Bush & his Coalition of Dickheads worldwide to glee with happiness?
Journalism in Malaysia is in its infancy. Our cosmopolitan society cannot afford to make mistakes on the net, media or in speech. There is no shortcut to maturity. Hence, let us not get impatient with our Govt. policies but strive as Rakyat Malaysia for the Solidarity, Integrity & Security of our Nation. Does it make sense to some of our brain death citizen bloggers out there? Or has somebody given the order to 'shoot' them already?


Posted by: bnaipal | August 7, 2006 12:03 PM

"To Bnaipal...
Your statement is CRAP yes in capital letters.
I have never heard bigger nonsence.
Malaysia has plenty of capable journalists, only they all left the mainstream media to pick up good jobs elsewhere, and it is absolutely NOT in its infancy.
Whats left in the mainstream media is a bunch of pen (keyboard) pushers who give a damn what they write, as long as they earn a nice living.
So go and defend your boss elsewhere!


Posted by: Albert | August 7, 2006 03:29 PM


::
::
(The above symbol shows a REFEREEE to keep the two Boxers in their Corners so that Decorum -- I don't know about Peace -- is maintained. ~~ Desi
::
::



"Dear Albert,
Your kind words depict the current standard of journalism in Malaysia. Need I elaborate more? And by the way, I do not live & work in a place where there is a 'boss' - It seems the remnants of Colonialism still reverberate in your gullible soul. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy will prove highly beneficial to you in your current state of mind. Best of Luck with the recovery process.


Posted by: bnaipal | August 7, 2006 04:54 PM


Desiderata's 3sen worth follows as I beleive someone "defamed" me and my Blogger friends with one BIG brush, and I don't think he's such a painter to deserrve this scribe maintaining Elegant Silence. No, I'm not yet in Pak Lah's league...mayhaps bnaipal spells it as "lick"?



"bnaipal:

I don't know you, neither do you know me. But I do blog and I don't think you know bloggers well enuf to justly write thus:
"Do we Malaysians have to wash our Nation’s dirty linen on the net for every political Mongrel, the likes of the Retard Bush & his Coalition of Dickheads worldwide to glee with happiness?
Journalism in Malaysia is in its infancy. Our cosmopolitan society cannot afford to make mistakes on the net, media or in speech. There is no shortcut to maturity. Hence, let us not get impatient with our Govt. policies but strive as Rakyat Malaysia for the Solidarity, Integrity & Security of our Nation. Does it make sense to some of our brain death citizen bloggers out there? Or has somebody given the order to 'shoot' them already?"

First, bloggers as in any other field make up hopefully a normal distribution -- a few excellent, the majority mediocre and another few atrocious.
Second, "washing dirty linen" is for commenters like you who can't see the good of bloggers like jeeooi are doing on the Malaysian media landscape.
Third,"the likes of Retards like Bush..."?--the 'dickheads' encompass the ilk like thee, Sir bnaipal?

Third, "Infancy..." after almost 49years of Merdeka? Hey, it's a blardy 1/2 of yoyur lifetime if you live to 100, which I dearly pray you would so that you see the "outcome" of CRAP (Albert, pls DON'T SHOOT Desi for borrowing your mouth, I didn't fire any blanks!) citizens like thee&its progeny minus the contributions of the likes of jeffooi&Co:)

Fourth, "brain death citizen" is for Commenters like Bnaipal who think we are ":impatient" by writing about the problems facing NegaraKu and criticising the "elected" leaders, including the PM -- we are just responding to Pak Lah's request to the Rakyat "Talk straight with me".

I'll stop at four, in Chinoserie, the numeral can be pronounced "see" as some with eyes who do not SEE; or "Sei" to those people like bnaipal who label me as "brain dead" when I'm kicking and alive, still able to SHOOT at some "heads", Dick!:)



PS: Dear ER, go away for an early lunch, I promise to be back -- with a V! in Sabrina-style:) -- with that Somethin' Heavy?

CONTINUED @1.05PM, A man's word is his bond.


But nowadays, there are many men out there whose words are just MOUTHINGS. Shoot them. These LOUD MOUTHS. I don't know how the precedent few sentences have anything to do with my afternoon reflection, but I did preface that it was Somethin' Heavy, didn't I?

So serving my pre-lunch menu because I'm feeling heavy. Pak Lah ain't heavy, he's my prime minister. Desi would add any Comments at this moment as he need to do some RESEARCH (my journo training tells me indeed, you need to get the EVIDENCE before making any allegations. Just point out again that the present numbers are in millions (eg Khairy's RM9.6million borrowings to buy ECM-Libra shares) compared with BILLIONS under the olde regime (as in Peronas RM1.8billion bailout of one UMNO VVIP's son rolling on the high seas..., and another MCA VIP's son involved in purported RM1.2billion stockmarket spree to enjoy Eat, Drink and Be Merry klifestye...). I take leave and leave thee with just this one single reminder, can I?

And from BERNAMA, the national news agency, for what it's worth~~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 07, 2006 23:32 PM

Abdullah Replies Frankly To Allegations Against Him


KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 7 (Bernama) -- Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi Monday night replied frankly to allegations and prejudices on him, particularly on his leadership style and decisions he made as the prime minister.

In a 40-minute special interview aired by TV3 Monday night, Abdullah, among others, admitted it was difficult for him to be "Mr Nice Guy", as this had given rise to all sorts of allegations against him.

He said every decision he made, though it took time, was made very carefully, giving credence to the truth and fairness for the good of all Malaysians, regardless of race.

"There are times I have to be very careful... One thing I realise since I became Prime Minister, I know whatever decision I make, be it good or bad, many people will feel the impact.

"If I made a bad decision, the consequences will be bad. If there is a good impact on the people, I thank God for it.

"But what worries me is that if it turns out to be wrong... not good, a lot of people will suffer and face hardship... this is what I am afraid of," he said in an interview with Bernama chairman Datuk Mohd Annuar Zaini on "Bersemuka Bersama Perdana Menteri" programme aired by TV3 Monday night.

Abdullah also gave a lengthy reply to deny all allegations on his son Kamaluddin who allegedly benefited as the son of the prime minister and his son-in-law Khairy Jamaluddin, who allegedly influenced every decision made by Abdullah.

"People say all my decisions are influenced by Khairy. Where's Khairy? After suffering for umpteen years in politics, how difficult to become the prime minister, and then hand over power to him. How can?" he said.

On Kamaluddin, Abdullah said his son's businesses are mostly overseas and he was never involved in local companies or concessions offered by the government.

"(Kamaluddin) never asked help from the government, he never got involved in anything that requires bail-out... never," he said.

Asked on talk that the Penang monorail project has been awarded to Kamaluddin, Abdullah said: "Why talk like that... who said so? I want to tell you (Datuk) Annuar, it is not easy to be a good person, you know."

On why he was silent when former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad made stinging attacks on him and his administration, Abdullah said he did not want to use the media as the platform to quarrel with his predecessor.

Moreover, he said, the questions and issues raised by Dr Mahathir were directed to the Government and should be replied by the ministers concerned who know their field better.

"My cabinet preferred me not to talk. And many people feel it's better I don't talk. Many people told me Pak Lah you don't talk. Then it will become messy. Don't. Allowing the ministers to reply was good enough," he said.

Abdullah also said he did not like to discuss his family matters though they have also become victims to the accusations of irresponsible parties.

"I know my children are not involved in the things that certain people have accused. Now, since you (Annuar) have asked me, I have to answer," he said.

Asked on talk that his leadership was "soft and weak", he said it was not his style to be a "gung ho" or to show-off.

"Please be patient... I am like what people say in a football match, not even 10 minutes of play, people want to punish me... How can? Wait for me to warm-up, pick up tempo and move," he said.

Abdullah said though his leadership style was different from that of Dr Mahathir's, he never deviated from the real goal -- to achieve Vision 2020 -- which would definitely be achieved in its own way after taking into account the circumstances.

He said he also held to his principle to be a respected leader rather than follow the philosophy of the famous political scientist Nicolo Machiavelli who held to the concept of a feared leader by the people.

He said he wants to lead the country like his marriage to his late wife Datin Seri Endon Mahmood, filled with love, sincerity and fairness.

"This is my principle which I will hold dearly," he added.

-- BERNAMA

8 comments:

Helen said...

I took a break from Astro last night to watch a local channel at 8.30pm.

Aisehman pretty summed up my thoughts. Do drop him a visit.

I think we should stop comparing the billions and millions. There is no chance for us to make right the wrongs of the past except making sure it won't happen again on thie watch. Yes, u can weep for the past, but it's the now that matters.

At least horsy never went on National TV and declared 'no frens and relatives of mine ever beneffitted from my position..." Huh?

Helen said...

Sorry to bring this up here... anybody else having trouble accessing Malaysia Today?? I can't get in for the past few days...

chong y l said...

helen:

I don't read blogs where I can't put a "person" to the contents -- hey, you wanna be 'influential', follow jeffooi-lah! You may or may NOT agree with screnshots. but he stands proudly by what he writes.

as to comapring Millions and Billions, Helen, it's RELEVANT to ensure we do not suffer LEAKAGES on the sacle of the past regime's -- I had written several years ago, Malaysians have become IMMUNE TO BE SURPRISED BY ANY SCANDALS IN THE millions LEAGUE, BECAUSE THEY ARE SO ACCUSTOMED TO counting NINE ZEROES after the numerals.

My main point in driving this point is to urge Fellow Malaysians that NegaraKu can afford minor leakages of a few million ... and as long as we have HUMANS running any government -- including squeakiy clean Singapore! -- there will be leakages.

I am happy with my house pipe delivering water, even not 100% clean.
But I am not happy when it;s BIG PETRONAS PIPES leaking RMXYZ000,000,000 into the South China Sea or Johor Straits.

Sorry, Helen, I've just writ another Post. Can you reprise IT in your Blog? I already have posted two in mine today.:)

chong y l said...

Helen:

You must have upset RPK with some hard comments!
I had no problemm accessing Today; only later part of yesterday and RPK said he's busy moving to HIGHER GRADE server to serve us better. Now, that's worth raising some *tehtarik, *wine and +whisky to, join Desi Ipohlang? * for Desi, + for eeeehPOHlang.

(Now I'm runnibng away to hide cos my hyde is getting' a li'l thin... Dr Theels, my AtenoLOL!)

Helen said...

Nobody is asking anyone to believe Mr Aiseh or anyone else on mere trust. You dun have to trust him, know him... look at the questions asked, not the person asking the questions.

Maverick SM said...

DEsi, after some time, I now read this interesting article. I like it; that's blogging.

BTW, I like Helen's point. I share her thoughts.

chong y l said...

helen3:
someone's addicted to Desi's -- is it the blog, or the whiskey?

Helen&Mave (BTW, Mave is always a ladies' man, daintily...):

If Desi's listenuing to a LECTURE by a philosopheer like Socrates, I'd heartil agree that in Ethics, one hundred dollars does not differ from one million rinngit does not differ from one billion bucks.
This is relevnt like a Sunday school teacher (Helen mayhaps, my educated Guess though I don't wear any...) teaching Morals to her flock of boys&gals under 12. If you graduate to Bible class (ages 13-18...?), and preach likewise, these Teengaers would certainly "beg to disagree" (the likes of YLChong ... perhaps Howsy, hey Ipohlang, put aside you regional loyalties and give your frankest views on this topic eh?).

Back to the world of human affairs, esp Corporate and Politics, I cite a "real example" ~~ certain enterpreneurs were making fantastic paper money in 1997 buying certain shares ranging from RM1.50 to 2.50; then chasing them to RM50 - RM150, still "holding on" by not selling to take profits. By end-1997 and through 1998. the market crashed in tandem with the Asian financial crisis.

Had yopu borrowed RM5,000 to buy shares on margin, you would survive.
Had you borrowed RM1million, with a rich Daddy and more sympathetic Mummy, you might have survived.
But some borrowed RM500million - RM1.2billion -- DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE BANKING CRISIS, Helen and Mave. Did you know how much tax-payers money go into Danamodal dan Danaharta to BAIL OUT these billionaire-at-27 or millionaires-be4-30 at the Eat Drink & Be Married to a Kelab billionaire's daughter, mayhaps.

No, Ms Helen, and Mr Mave, Desi continues to "beg to disagree".

Under the Malaysian Criminal Penal Code, there are differeent categories of crimes with increasing penalties in tandem with "severity" of offences.
Eg mere fines for shoplifting and minor thievery.
Fines plus jail terms for more serious offences like armed robbery and assault...
Death penalty for First Degree Murder and Drug trafficking (some Aussies thought Dadah refers to the mamarry glands area .. oops, I digress...)

peAce to all my Blogsworld mates -- male or femail -- just don't think Desi is conmdoning corruption -- be it RM1 cash to mata-mata, or RM1,000 Gift hamper to the passport officer, or RM1million to get that RM250million contract...
Desi's merely pointing out the fact that a certain Napoleon allowed the commission of billion-dollar mis-Acts under his watch but now using the loudhailer demanding accoutability of a RM10milllion business transaction ...


Sister Helen: Is there some belle ringing if I quote

"Thou seeth the speck in thy neighbour's eye but not the plank in one's own"?

I once wept for NegaraKu once, along with Sabrina et al,
As Msia approaches 49th birthday,
I'm happy there is some new breeze -- not of typhoon magnitude, like billionaire-size, but yeah, millionaire size--blowuing with Pak Lah at the helm.

I sleep more peacefully at night the past 3 years contrasted with the previous "10". I had no problems with the precedent 12 before the TEN.

chong y l said...

mave sm:

SOMETHIN' LIGHT~~
Desi being a Bardist aspirant, taketh offence to thy comment partially
"I now read this interesting article. I like it; that's blogging..."
Extrapolating, it can "mean" that my previous writes had not amounted mush to qualify as "Blogging"? I now consider another longer HI-atus; sdon't know if the lkitty bank can afford me a breakaway to Hai-Tea?

SOMETHIN' HEAVY~~

No, I get what you "mean" -- Less DDC, but more sermonising, like this and previous Response!:) But I may land UP standing in Da Church Korner somewhere in eeehPOH!:(

PS: Helen, I still have a soft spOrt for thee.:):)