My Anthem

Saturday, August 19, 2006

"You wanna be my coffee mate"

Desi is being 100% democratic today -- my ER can fix the Post's title.
Give it a Datuk, Tan Sri or TUN for all I care -- It's Your Call.

Can be writ so many ways, viz:

You wanna be my coffee, mate? (Can be Rhetorical, but note the 'comma')
You wanna be my coffee-mate? (Can be Rhetorical, but note the 'hyphen')

You wanna be my coffee, mate! (Comma, and Verbally expressed in tone of surprise)
You wanna be my cofee-mate! (Surprise, but still note the 'hyphen')

BY now, many of my ER have accused/complained/ (rare few) complimented Desi of speaking in DDC, tongue-in-chic, whatever. WTH! -- no, NOT WTF! because it's all spoken in fun:) -- it's my Blog, so I behave like a hoRst-lah, sometimes neighing, and over-indulging in digression, which is a Blogger's privilege, and sometimes even abusing my "guests", for which I do penance by offering a choice of tehtarik, and now, coffee!

Maybe the news of Sdr Anwar Ibrahim considering running for Kofi Annan's post due to end next year has some influence on Desi's mind. Never mind, it's not significant. The "not" refers to Desi's state of mind, not Anwar's decision, which can amount to great import.(And 'import' does not equal the opposite of 'export' here, and I don't even bill Helen for this quick English lesson! LOL!:)

Disclaimer: This Post is not good for the Health of regulars like Maverick SM and his likes ...I dare not use "ilk" because I on't wanna make an enemy out of his clan ... incidentally (NOT incidently) includes one Anak Merdeka and Howsy, though I expect them to protesteth... But do you think I caresszxeth?)

Okay, what the hell is this Post about?

(One writing technique used in high school Essay-writing is to pose a Question yourself, and then proceed to answer it; you may even cite a diversionary anecdote, or quote, or song, or poem, to make it longer, like what I'm doing now...)

Let me lead you on....first Digest the following lyrics, from Lynn Anderson's greatest country hit:

ROSE GARDEN


I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime
When you take you gotta give so live and let live and let go oh oh oh oh
I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden


I could promise you things like big diamond rings
But you don't find roses growin' on stalks of clover
So you better think it over
Well, if sweet talking you could make it come true
I would give you the world right now on a silver platter
But what would it matter
So smile for a while and let's be jolly love shouldn't be so melancholy
Come along and share the good times while we can


I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime
I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden


I could sing you a tune and promise you the moon
But if that's what it takes to hold you I'd just as soon let you go
But there's one thing I want you to know
You'd better look before you leap still waters run deep
And there won't always be someone there to pull you out


And you know what I'm talking about
So smile for a while and let's be jolly love shouldn't be so melancholy
Come along and share the good times while we can

I beg your pardon I never promised you a rose garden
Along with the sunshine there's gotta be a little rain sometime.......


Yes, even in the best of lives -- from Kings, Presidents, Prime Ministers, Doctors, Hawkers to Preachers and Mice-rearers -- there will always be Ups and Downs in daily living.
You can't stay forver in dreamland and not wake up to see the sunshine.
Neither wil the Good Lord let you linger in misery forever and does not give you a lifeline.

Many hands are reaching out to thee -- Will you respond to the outreached hands?

BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT TRUE FRIENDSHIP IS A TWO-WAY TRAFFIC.

What am I so "preachY" today, it's not even Sunnyday?
Because, believe me, Desi also has his period -- of Highs and Lows (Normally, I would say His and Los, but that could be mis'leading my ER to believe the myth that Desi is all the time on High, whch can't be true. Afterall, I am as human as the neighbours nearest you. And in cyber-world, all our chatmates are neighbours, yes?

And in this "lo" moment, I behold this Email from mGf based overseas, which inspired this 'rite, and share:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how
things were so hard for her.
She did not know how she was going to make
it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It
seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water
and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil.
In the first she placed carrots,
in the second she placed eggs,
and in the last she placed ground coffee beans.


She let them sit and boil, without saying a
word. In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the
carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and
placed them in a bowl. Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in
a bowl.

Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see."

"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She
did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter
to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed
the hard-boiled egg. Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the
coffee. The daughter smiled, as she tasted its rich aroma.

The daughter then asked, "What does it mean?"

Her mother explained each of the objects had faced the same adversity -
boiling water. Each reacted differently.

The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak.

The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside
became hardened.

The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the
boiling water, they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your
door, how do you respond?

Do you wish to be a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Desi in short response: thanks my dear one, I count thee as a Coffee,
I would like to be another Coffee, or at least your Coffee-mate~~


God Bless all my EsteemedReaders ~~
In Thy LO moement,
Try to be a Coffee
Giveth thee a HI.

Cheerio.

4 comments:

Primrose said...

I think I'd like to be the coffee bean. Firm, rich in taste, strong aroma, unique character and exudes an an aura surrounding it.

chong y l said...

hi primrose:

I'm sure you are a coffe bean, topped with rose red creamy-cinoserie.

now serve it hot this Merdeka with an essay and after an assay of the newly branded rose cafe, i shall grade thee at the Rose Garden.
Now go sow the coffeee beans ready to brew a week fron now? ~~ Desi, I'd like to be thy coffee-mate!:)

Helen said...

Ipoh lang greedy. I wanna be all three...

I want to have the hard exterior of the carrot and at the same time possess the softness to empathize.

I want to have the ability of the egg to turn hard when the need arise.

Coming from the land of white coffee, coffee like you said changes the water. But, can I ask to be black coffee?? Pure black coffee without the additions. Just want ppl to love me for what I am. Bitter black coffee.

Have a great weekend. lol

chong y l said...

helen -- chicky and "greADty"?

It's alright -- I also appreciate a COMBO!

Can we now do a R&R, Cha-cha and Map-pa?

Cheers, nic wickedend that's almost over -- pls refrain from raising That Hand at the Church too often unless it's inspired, like Maradonna!:)